Green Team Week 10!!

Options
OK all its weight in day!! We need a challage to any ideas?

Replies

• kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    Okay team...I am down about a pound....which will allow my ticker to show a 2 lb loss! yeah. Thats feels great!
    Hope everyone is having a great morning so far.
    Kelly...thanks for the Dr. Phil info. Alot of that makes alot of sense and is so informative and helpful. I personally love Dr. Phil. He tells it like it is and has some great advice.
    Well....going to go just for now...will get back on later.....
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Gang!

well, i am up 2 lbs. not surprised, and just gonna be more mindful and do what i can to change it. cool one here today, so will be baking.

Sally ~ i have said in the past that staying positive is key for me,helps me stay motivated, and i got to on this journey....and if i can help anyone else, then all the more worthwhile! :flowerforyou: our wonderful minds.....ahhh, the tricks and games they play on us. which ones will we win?? it is tough, i know. i feel like i am fighting 2 people some days! how is your Wii going? which games do you like? i dont own one, and almost got one, but decided to hold off for $ reasons. i like to walk outside, and up hills. i have a stretch and tone tape (30 min) that is 13 years old, by Denise Austin, and i love it cuz she stretches every muscle in your body from head to toe. also, i have a Mia Finnigan dvd (20 min) for a weighted ball workout, w/5-8 lbs. Those are my favs right now, but i have a library of tapes and dvd's. Tae-Bo, Leslie Sansone WATP....no reason for me to get bored! my latest routine consists of 'woggin', interval walk/jog. the most i was doing was 3 miles, but have since slacked and Aug 3 i want to start the couch to 5K, and anyone can join me!

jacque ~ how ya doing? hope better. ready for your weekend? sounds like a busy one but tons of FUN!! get that walking in and your visits to the pool. enjoy the movie, party, & Sunday plans. just baby steps here girl....yes, too much at once can overwhelm and make you crazy!! you can do it Jacque!! be strong!

kitn ~ way to go, 2 lbs down now! am so happy for you!!

TGIF! have a great weekend.

re ~ challenge...how about SNACKS? does everyone plan for them, prepare, healthy? maybe we could all share what we eat, how it is going for us...?
  • kitn621
    Options
    Happy Friday Gang!

well, i am up 2 lbs. not surprised, and just gonna be more mindful and do what i can to change it. cool one here today, so will be baking.

Sally ~ i have said in the past that staying positive is key for me,helps me stay motivated, and i got to on this journey....and if i can help anyone else, then all the more worthwhile! :flowerforyou: our wonderful minds.....ahhh, the tricks and games they play on us. which ones will we win?? it is tough, i know. i feel like i am fighting 2 people some days! how is your Wii going? which games do you like? i dont own one, and almost got one, but decided to hold off for $ reasons. i like to walk outside, and up hills. i have a stretch and tone tape (30 min) that is 13 years old, by Denise Austin, and i love it cuz she stretches every muscle in your body from head to toe. also, i have a Mia Finnigan dvd (20 min) for a weighted ball workout, w/5-8 lbs. Those are my favs right now, but i have a library of tapes and dvd's. Tae-Bo, Leslie Sansone WATP....no reason for me to get bored! my latest routine consists of 'woggin', interval walk/jog. the most i was doing was 3 miles, but have since slacked and Aug 3 i want to start the couch to 5K, and anyone can join me!

jacque ~ how ya doing? hope better. ready for your weekend? sounds like a busy one but tons of FUN!! get that walking in and your visits to the pool. enjoy the movie, party, & Sunday plans. just baby steps here girl....yes, too much at once can overwhelm and make you crazy!! you can do it Jacque!! be strong!

kitn ~ way to go, 2 lbs down now! am so happy for you!!

TGIF! have a great weekend.

re ~ challenge...how about SNACKS? does everyone plan for them, prepare, healthy? maybe we could all share what we eat, how it is going for us...?

Kelly...I want to join you with the couch to 5K.....that will be great motivation....but I will probably start earlier.....yeah!!!
    I love the challenge too! I do snacks and will let you know them.....be back later! my trainee came in...love you all!
  • sallydeb
    sallydeb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am down .4 this morning. Which won't show as a change on my ticker, but that is ok.

Snacks are easy for me right now. I just have some of the summer fruit at work during the day or take it with me. My biggest snack challenge is not doing the sweets at night.

Good Luck everyone and have a good weekend!

Sally
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Good morning all!!!
    Well I am down 1 pound, which I will take with the exciciment of being down 5. I did no exercise just made an effort to eat one meal right. Well I am going to face up to the issues like Phil said and baby steps all the way. I love all of u!!:wink:
  • kitn621
    Options
    okay...so I am back. Trainee is working on a few tests and reading material.
    As far as snacks go, I love fruit! Keep the individual serving ones. they are yummy. or the 100 calorie snacks, or pretzels are the best. What about everyone else?
  • jacque509
    Options
    Well didn't do too bad today, When I go to work I plan my snacks its my day off that gets me. I so like fruit, pretzels and hummus to name a few
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I'm so late getting in here! I was up two lbs but since I had that chinese I spoke about, I expected as much and still too vain to change my ticker UNTIL I get below that lowest again. If I go too much above will change because that in itself motivates me! :tongue:

So, I was famous today! My five minutes of fame on perezhilton.com came about today. To fill you in, for those that don't know - perezhilton is like a gossip website about celebrities, much like the mags but he's more of a blogger. I always see that he posts pictures of fans who send in pictures with him or about him, so while raffy and I were on vacation, he took a photo of me reading Perez's book, so I sent it to him. He responded that he liked it, but it appeared on his website today. I'm gonna attempt to post the web shot of me on his site, although you can see little of my face, most of you saw my vacation pics so you'll know its' me!

C:\Documents and Settings\Christie Russ\Local Settings\Temp\Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton.htm ~1..htm
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    ok so since i posted my weight last to you guys a few weeks ago I am down 5.2 lbs. What a great feeling. I am getting lots of compliments on my weight loss and my mom even noticed muscle definition in my arms.

snacks. I don't always prepare for them but I do make sure I always have bananas in the house and I keep clementines in the house when they are available. I also usually have a granola bar in my purse in case of a snack emergency. When I buy a bag of chex mix or cheese its or what ever big box/bag of junk for my sons lunch I always make sure I measure out all the servings and put them in snack baggies. That way if I do get a salt craving I can just grab a little bag and know what I am getting. way cheaper than buying the packages of single serve items.

What do you guys do in your workouts. I am getting a little burnt out and was looking for some fun new ideas.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    morning team ~ hope everyone has a great weekend! not sure what plans are here yet, dh is working all day..am sure a trip to inlaws will come about later or tomorrow. our youngest is a senior this year, so am trying to figure who to go with for pics. kinda like quality of oldest son's pics, but not the photographer. so many decisions in the next few months. plan is to get a walk in today, and do both my stretch and tone AND ball workouts. am sure i will be sore for the next few days, but will keep at it and be past the muscle pain before Vegas. guess what???.....school starts ONE MONTH from tomorrow!! YIKES!! :noway: summer just flies for me. i am excited tho, mainly for the paycheck again!! we only get paid once a month, so Monday, I will get paid for all the driving I did in June. anyone else like this? some months are harder than others makin that $ stretch 4 wks...I am kinda starting anew today...have reset my goals....I WILL get this wt off...

aml ~ YIPPY for YOU!! that is just great! 5.2 lbs gone! so happy for you! what do you currently do for exercise? jump roping is good, you can build time on that one, get stronger, last longer! do you have dumbells? i like to lift when watching t.v. any floor exercises would be good for stretching and toning. interval walk/jog...this one really helped me boost my metabolism. some of us are going to start the couch to 5K soon, me Aug 3. i think kitn, sooner. you do a very good job with planning your snacks! that's a great way to be prepared and ready! :bigsmile:

christi ~ green team's Fame gal!! that is so cool....i am gonna check it out, again!

kitn ~ i too have fruit on hand..right now that is bananas, apples, bing cherries, peaches and plums. my dh takes fruit to work every day and my youngest son makes smoothies. some other things i snack on are: whole (unsalted) almonds and walnuts, 7 sundried tomato/basil Wheat Thins, or 7 low-fat Triscuits, Laughing Cow low-fat Swiss cheese wedge, 9 baby carrots and 1/2 tbsp low-fat ranch dressing, a hard boiled egg, celery and 1 tbsp penaut butter, or p/b on an apple, or p/b on whole wheat toast... i do have some of the 100 cal packs, but use them as a last resort.

How is everyone doing with the challenge? on another note, what have you done today that made you feel good about YOU? for me, it was eating a healthy breakfast without the tv on!
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    Checking in. I am up to 209. I am totally going the wrong way. I have lost my motivation. Has anyone seen it?:laugh: I am getting really to leave home for 4 weeks. I hope that my weight gain will help me be motivated to be good about eating while I am gone. I will check in while I am gone. I hope you guys are having a better week then me.:smile:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hey all,
    Well got thru the birthday with 0 weight gain, I am so happy just trying to make smart choices and it seems to be working. Will finish my chillin weekend and plan to start my work out tomorrow, Plan to alternate so I dont feel like I am doing too much at once. My new Motto baby Steps!!! So what I thought I do is on Mon,Wd, Fr i will do the sit up, squats, and push up program on the 200 situp.com and on those days make a point to walk /swim/or just move more. Then on Tues, thur, sat do the gym and sunday is my day of rest. Well that my goal. Hope u all have a great day and I will check in later
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Green Team !! How is everyone doing?

Jacque ~ i am so proud and happy for you! How do you feel about it? !! Seeeee, you CAN do it! yes, yes, yes, one day at a time, one meal at a time. YOU control what you eat!! sounds like you have a good plan for exercise too! if it's gets to be too much, just slow it down a little. make it work for you! have a great day!

ammcnett~ glad you posted....we are all having little bumps in the road...and unexpected ones at that. it's ok, just keep at it, and get back on track. try to think back to when you first came to MFP. what motivated you and why do you want to lose wt? try to stay positive and if you need to take a break, that is ok too. Green Team will always be here for you! take care!

hmmmm, been pretty slow here lately. hope it's just that folks are busy, which i understand. well, didn't get in my tape or dvd workouts in yesterday, but did a 30 minute brisk walk. we ended up going to my inlaws and did 2 loads of wood for my dh uncle. (already sawed and cut). think we are going again today. how's everyone doing on the snack challenge? i am getting things prepared in the am, so i have them available when the munchies arrive.

well enjoy the rest of today buddies.....let's have a great week and try to stay focused on our health. 5 more days til weigh in. WE CAN DO IT!
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hi green team,
    Well I had 0 weight gain over the weekend which is good since I over indulge a couple of times, but I guess my keeping avtive helped. So back on track today, Hope everyone is doing ok.
    Well went shopping yesterday and socked up on healthy snacked items, hope to get that under control a little. Also decided to go back on the one a day yougurt for snack, I really do think that it helped with the fullness factor for me and eating less cheese. I also bought the rice cakes so I can have the crunch satifaction. Also fresh raspberry were on sale so I got a couple. the kids are gonna be gone for the next 2 days so maybe with a little me time I can get re-focus. Check in later
  • jacque509
    Options
    having my raspberry and some pretzels for a snack, sweet and salty
    hahaha
  • kelly_a
    Options
    HI Everyone.......anyone????

well, just wishin the team a happy, healthy week.

good job JACQUE!! planning helps tremendously! the pretzels and raspberries sound YUMMY! I am going shopping tomorrow, needin me some fruits.

did my stretch and tone yesterday, a little sore, but not bad. will get a walk in soon and stretch 'r out again later. also, stayed in calories, all weekend....yup, i'm logging again. :tongue:

will check in later and hope to read more posts!
  • jacque509
    Options
    Started logging in myself today, just took a 10 min walk before lunch, felt good. Hope to finish the day as good as I started
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Jacque- Thank for the note asking how I was and checking oneme, to tell you the truth it is really what i needed. I know that i gained over my vacation, and i havn't been eating as well as i had before, and not wanting to deal woith that I havn't logged, or been on here since I came home.
    I am so sorry guys, i feel like i have let you down, and i know that I have let myself down. BUT I am gonna get back up and climb this fat hill again!
    thanks all. Im getting back on track today!
    :bigsmile:
    :flowerforyou: your the best jacque
  • peachykate
    peachykate Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hey greenies!
    Can I re-join this team? I stopped using myfitnesspal in May when I found out I was pregnant, but that went south and I am trying to be back into the swing of things as far as diet and excercise are concerned!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hi green beans!! Glad it's no longer the weekend :noway: we stayed home on Friday but went to a party on saturday - boy did I over do it. I ate very little (made a nice stuffed mushroom which everyone loved and they went fast) BUT I overdid it on the alcohol. I guess rum and coke zero on a not too full stomach is not so good - I felt like crap all day yesterday, nauseous and throwing up in the afternoon. Alcohol abuse, if I didn't know better, I'd think that I'd been slipped a mickey - but it was all good friends. Anyway, after the shock of some of my double chin in the photos................:sick: I realize I need to get serious again.

Nice to see some folks on here that have been away for awhile. It seems like whenever I am away more than a day or two, people show up!:flowerforyou: