How long it took U to lose 30-50lbs? Have you kept if off?

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I lost 35lbs in 8 weeks 3 yrs ago! (208 to 173) Kept it off for 2 yrs but after I bought my car & stop walking as much, I gained 24 lbs!! So Now I'm back @ it b/c the 1st time I didn't reach my goal weight of 150! I may not lose it as fast this time but I will lose it!!! :smile:

Thank you for posting--your post as inspired me to know ends! :flowerforyou:
  • ejortega
    ejortega Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5 months
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im still in the middle of losing, Its taken me 5 months to lose 30, I have 28-30 more to go.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I really am averaging 5 lbs a month. So hopefully by the end of June it will be 30 lbs.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Six months and yes I have.
  • libbygrammer
    libbygrammer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Took me 9 months to lose 55lbs, incorporating diet and vigorous exercise with a trainer at a gym. I have kept off all but 15lbs, which I regained in the last year. I am now working to lose those 15lbs again to get fit.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It has taken me a year to lose 20 pounds. However, I've done it without compromising my social life, my health, or my enjoyment of delicious things. It will probably take me another year to lose 20 more pounds, and I'm totally okay with that. The changes I have made over the last year are definitely life-long and sustainable, so I will not be a bounce-back statistic.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    First time I lost 40lbs in 3 or 4 months, very quickly around 9 years ago, and it all came back within a year. Now it's taken me just under 4 months to lose those 23lbs. It's slow but I'll never find those 23lbs again with determination!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Since January 4 until yesterday I lost 41 pounds. But from about May 5 until yesterday my weight loss was stalled at 38 pounds. But, I kind of took a break at watching everything I ate and wasn't doing as much cardio and started doing more strength training. But, I feel I am back on track to lose the last 20 pounds or so. I might be satisfied with less weight loss if my stomach shrinks more. That is my biggest issue at this point.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    About 7 months to lose 30 pounds. I've kept it off about a year now - wearing the same size or smaller - but my weight has fluctuated.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 1/2 months to lose my first 50 lbs., as I set my goal at 2 lbs./week and exceeded that by a bit. After the first 50 I adjusted my goal to 1 lb./week, and have lost about another 35 lbs. in the last 3 1/2 months. I now adjusted to 1 lb./week for the last 20 or so lbs. that I want to lose.

It is different for everyone, and as you can see it is also fairly easy to adjust things as time passes if you understand how MFP works.

Good luck!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I have been using myfitness pal for 130 days and have lost 36 pounds. I know that I will always battle my weight because I have done this before and gained it back eating what I wanted, when I wanted and little exercise. I have to make a life change. I will not gain it back. Being 51 it has been harder to get it off this time.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in just over 3 months. I have lost another 7 lbs in the last month. I can't wait to get to 50...but, I am taking things slow, as to keep it off easier.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Lost 30 in 3 months
    Lost 60 in 7 months
    Struggling with the last 25.

Yes, kept it off.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    started june 2011 and hit goal weight right before thanksgiving 2011..lost 40 pounds. I also have PCOS, IR, and hypothyroidism...

I am now fluctuating between 135-140 cause of weight training. I do have days where I eat whatever..but then I have days I dont work out..

Its all about balance
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    started june 2011 and hit goal weight right before thanksgiving 2011..lost 40 pounds. I also have PCOS, IR, and hypothyroidism...

I am now fluctuating between 135-140 cause of weight training. I do have days where I eat whatever..but then I have days I dont work out..

Its all about balance

Go girlfriend...LOVE you're last sentence--wish I could change my user name to that! :heart: "it's all about balance" That's it and THEN SOME!!!! Balance is such a fabulous Word and Place to forever be, it is for me anyhoo:wink:, as I'm ever learning on this wondrous journey:love:
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    January 1 until now, nearly 30 lbs. I'm doing it slow, but right.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    About a year and a half (see my profile for info), and it's been off for 1 year. I use MFP occasionally to maintain.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It has taken me a year to lose 20 pounds. However, I've done it without compromising my social life, my health, or my enjoyment of delicious things. It will probably take me another year to lose 20 more pounds, and I'm totally okay with that. The changes I have made over the last year are definitely life-long and sustainable, so I will not be a bounce-back statistic.

I hear ya. I refuse to compromise my social life or enjoyment of delicious things. Nevertheless, I have drastically changed my eating habits and frankly now, I no longer consider a bag of Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion chips delicious. Even so, I do eat something decadent every once in a while (such as a chocolate cup cake with icing from my favorite bakery (Crave)) and I have wine or beer every weekend, just not too much. Overall , my alcohol consumption has dropped by at least half.

It's taken me nine months to lose 36 pounds. Have achieved this through intense exercise, working with a trainer and demonic focus on food quality and calorie counting. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds within the next year or so. I'm not worried about losing it fast. It came on slowly so it'll be beaten down slowly too. Besides, slower means more time for the flabby skin to tighten back up. :)
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    6 months to lose 40 pounds and I'm stuck at a plateau :( hoping for at least another 40 by the time I'm done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!