How long it took U to lose 30-50lbs? Have you kept if off?

Options

Replies

• AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    IT TOOK NINE MONTHS FOR ME TO LOSE 50 POUNDS I STILL HAVE 25 MORE TO GO.
  • ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    took one yr to lose almost 60 lbs, and have kept it off for almost 4 yrs so far. working on the next 60 :)
  • Aprill20
    Aprill20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started January 30th at 194.4 pounds and today (5.25.12) weight in at 152.2 so a total of 42 pounds. I do think I have changed my lifestyle so I KNOW I will be able to keep it off. Good luck :)

ummmmmmm....WHAT???!!!???? :love:

You are my shero and you absolutely positively ROCK!!!! :heart: I'm so proud of you (and EVERYONE :wink: that replied to this thread too--I'm proud of ALl of you winners :drinker:)

What are you/did you do?
    How tall are you?

Thanks girl!!! I am pretty proud of myself because I never thought I could do this.

I am 5'11. I did 7 weeks of P90x, then switched it up to Jillian Michaels, walking/running, spinning and various excercises. I have cut way back on my excersise though and only work out 2 - 3 times I week.

You CAN DO it TOO!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You guys ROCK, period.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 months to lose that much. I've kept it off so far and I'm hoping to lose another 52 lbs by the end of the year. I think I'll be able to do it for sure.
  • Irish_Lanie
    Irish_Lanie Posts: 100
    Options
    August 2011-November 2011 I lost 40 pounds. Maintained until May 2012 , back injury...gained 10 pounds.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    It took me 7 months to lose 40 pounds. (started oct 26th 2011, but only 23 of it since Feb 5th 2012) ~ Still losing :smile:
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    It took me 6 months to loose 30 pounds, but I did only exercise the first 5 months (ie still ate crap= 15lbs of weight loss) and just started getting active on this site about a month ago. 15lbs of it has been in the past couple months when I started tracking my food better.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    I averaged a weight loss of 10-13 pounds a month until the last 10 pounds. That took about 4 months to shed. I have kept the weight off for 2 years and 3 months now. I keep it off because I made a total lifestyle change. I eat healthy daily and exercise 6 days a week.

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Again, you guys are encouraging the HECK outta me with these posts--thanks!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I lost about 50 lbs in 6 months. That was in 2005. I have kept if off since then (within about 8 lbs).
  • hrcowman
    hrcowman Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It took me around 9 months to lose 46lbs(:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • joeynigro1
    joeynigro1 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm at 27 lbs lost after 51 days. I'll let you know how long I keep off the weight after its all gone. Hopefully forever! :)
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    It has taken me 5 months to lose 36.5lbs and I still have about as much to go, if not a little more.
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    It took me about 3-3.5 months to lose just over 30 pounds. But I have completely changed my lifestyle. I workout 3-6 days a week and never consume more than 1300 calories. I eat tons of fruit and veggies as well. I have kept the weight off so far, But I still have 35 more pounds to go until I hit my goal weight.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    talk about a journey. i am a perpetual yo-yo. every year of my adult life, i've lost 15-30 pounds in the spring, then i gain them back over the rest of the year. since my weight goes up and down like the stock market, my focus now is on slow loss and maintenance. i know it will only get harder as i get older! i lost 25 from Jan 2011-May 2011, and by Jan 1st this year I had gained back 20 of those. this was actually a victory for me to start the year 5 pounds lighter than the year before - usually i gain back more than i lost. i started MFP on March 19 this year and in 11 weeks have dropped 18 pounds, putting my total at 23. i hope to lose another 25.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    bump
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    3 years to lose 90. I've fluctuated a lb or two time to time but I've kept it all off. Still have about 15 lbs I'd like to lose.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    30 pounds: 16 weeks
    50 pounds: 42 weeks

I plateaued in February and March and the weight loss has definitely slowed down for me. I still have a few pounds to go before I hit my goal weight, so obviously I've kept if off for now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!