pure laziness

Options
jackieatx
jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
It really bugs me when people circle the parking lot 20 times to get a spot right in front of the store entrance or hold up traffic for five minutes to wait someone to leave from the third spot when there's an empty spot ten spots down. Is it that bad to walk a few more feet?!

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I have a broken ankle. You can bet your behind that I'm waiting for the closest non-handicap spot!

Still mad?

:flowerforyou:
  • jackieatx
    Options
    Lol yes, yes I am, because most people who do that do not have broken ankles and are perfectly capable!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's the walking that bothers them. I think people just want to "win".
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    My toddler is in a phase where she's insisting on walking everywhere, but takes little bitty toddler steps and randomly tries to jerk her hand out of mine to run off. In busy parking lots, I'd rather not have to worry about her running off while we snail our way across the great expanse of blacktop, so I park closer. I have enough to worry about otherwise, so whatever makes my life easier for that moment, I take it.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have a broken ankle. You can bet your behind that I'm waiting for the closest non-handicap spot!

Still mad?

:flowerforyou:

extremum justifications do not alter the validity very much at all.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Meh. It's no real skin off your nose to wait an extra 20 seconds while somebody waits for a spot, right? Use that time to finish singing along with the song on the radio. :)
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    At first I thought laziness, but then I figured thats just what its turned into, wanting a good spot for the sake of having it. I get excited if I see a spot closer to the store even if there is one 5 spots down. For one, it helps you find your car a lot easier, maybe thats it. I dont consider myself lazy, I dont mind parking far away, but having a closer parking spot is just better.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I park closer to the end of the parking lot because...

I get more steps in.
    I don't have the stress of hunting for a space.

And...

Mostly because it is easier to find my car when I come out. There are less cars around it. :)
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    <<==Asian Woman Driver. Double strikes. Imma park wherever I can safely get in and out of a spot.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! We just moved to TX and there's ALWAYS a horrible bottleneck from people waiting to get closer spots. They'll wait and block a whole lane of traffic when the person is just starting to put $300 worth of groceries into their trunks.

I can't believe that EVERYONE who does it down here (and it seems like it's half the population) has a valid reason for needing to be five spots closer to the entrance.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    <<==Asian Woman Driver. Double strikes. Imma park wherever I can safely get in and out of a spot.

High five!!!!
  • jackieatx
    Options
    I'm with you! We just moved to TX and there's ALWAYS a horrible bottleneck from people waiting to get closer spots. They'll wait and block a whole lane of traffic when the person is just starting to put $300 worth of groceries into their trunks.

I can't believe that EVERYONE who does it down here (and it seems like it's half the population) has a valid reason for needing to be five spots closer to the entrance.

I live in Texas too, is this a Texas thing?! It's literally a twenty minute ordeal parking, and I have two small children, so it totally sucks!
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options

I live in Texas too, is this a Texas thing?! It's literally a twenty minute ordeal parking, and I have two small children, so it totally sucks!

I grew up in Texas...I'm pretty sure it's a Texas thing.

You know what they say. Everything's bigger in Texas. Including the fight for parking spots.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I get this. I almost never wait for a spot unless they have the reverse lights on and already half way out the spot. I like parking in the back because I hate "squeezing." Good thing I have a tiny car or i'd probably just stay at my house and walk because I have a good parking spot.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I honked at someone because they were waiting too long for someone to get out of a space they wanted and I couldnt go around. They flipped me off and stayed there. I really b*tched out on that one.
  • jackieatx
    Options

I grew up in Texas...I'm pretty sure it's a Texas thing.

You know what they say. Everything's bigger in Texas. Including the fight for parking spots.

I lived in los angeles for five years, and I must say, the ***hole maneuvers people pulled out there don't even compare to the ones here!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I really don't care if people do that unless I'm in the car with them. I'm usually only concerned with getting in & out of the store as quick as I can. Most of the time it's faster for me to walk farther than to wait on close spots.

*I guess it would be annoying if I were stuck behind them but that's not happened to me yet. :smile:
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have literally seen people wait five minutes for a parking spot at Walmart. I could maybe understand if it was Black Friday or something and parking is scarce, but it is plentiful! It is so much quicker for me to just grab the first spot I can than to try and "win" the good spot.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I do this, sorry!

I avoid being in the sun like I'm a vampire or something, and I really would prefer not to walk halfway across a sunny parking lot, thankyouverymuch. Especially when I'm walking back to my car carrying bags. No, thank you. I like to save sweating for workouts, not while I'm dressed and in public.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    My Dad is like that, he would get angry whenever he have to park further from the entrance. He hates to walk & yet the funny thing is he's trying to lose weight by doing long cardio on stationary bike & ab-rocket to have a better midsection LMAO but continue to eat crap and then he wonder why his physique hasn't changed for the past years, LOL.

EDIT: he parks in an enclosed mall parking so there's no way that he can use heat as his excuse.