pure laziness

Options

Replies

• Cindylou321
    Cindylou321 Posts: 66
    Options
    I park way way way in the back.. has nothing to do with wanting to walk... I just can't stand for people to park by me cause I like my car and hate it when it gets scratched...
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    It bugs me when people drive to the gym!! If you're going to work out, please cycle or walk or run or jog or SOMETHING!
    I overheard one girl in my biology class, who is incredibly fit and active and works out multiple times a week at the gym as well as running daily saying "Oh I can't come to the gym tonight, Mum has the car and she can't drop me off." This girl lives about a 15 minute bike ride away from the gym. So lazy, irks me.

I drive to the gym all the time in the winter because the sidewalks are covered in ice and I can think of better things to do than to try jogging across the ice. I also drive in the hottest summer because I'm extremely negatively affected by heat and arriving at the gym with heat exhaustion just seems knuckleheaded.

So sue me.
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's the walking that bothers them. I think people just want to "win".
    This :)
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume that it's 'pure laziness' that you couldn't capitalize the title of this thread as well.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I will not wait for a parking spot! I try to get as far away from the other crazy drivers as possible, so I'm usually at the end of a lane. Kids hate it but oh well, walking AIN'T gonna kill ya!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's lazy but other peoples laziness isn't my concern.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I park closer to the end of the parking lot because...

I get more steps in.
    I don't have the stress of hunting for a space.

And...

Mostly because it is easier to find my car when I come out. There are less cars around it. :)

Same here, I can pretty much guarantee I get the same spot each time and don't have to remember where I parked LOL

Even better, my car is a burnt orange. Believe it or not, because of the size, it can blend in well with cars closer up but put it far where there are no cars, it simply doesn't matter if I parked on the same side of the parking lot each time or not. I can find it. I've decided I want a colored car from now on. A BRIGHT ONE. I love it! I got lucky. It was a used car and I found it at the right time. But yes, park far, easy to find.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume that it's 'pure laziness' that you couldn't capitalize the title of this thread as well.

It's not a sentence, no need for capitalization.

:)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who is now dead. She had cancer, but looked fine. But she'd get exhausted walking very far, so she would wait for a good spot. One time someone got mad at her and told her off for doing what you are griping about. It made her feel terrible, and she went home.

Yeah, some of those people are just being picky, trying to get a close spot. But please consider that some really need a closer spot.

Does it bother you because you want the closer spot?

We here at MFP are largely exercising, so I usually park further out than I need to so my husband will have to walk the parking lot. I use a mobility scooter, but am getting stronger. He has diabetes and a heart condition, so I want him to walk every chance he gets. But right after his heart attacks, both times it was harder for him and I'd look for closer spots the times we had to go out for something and park in a lot.

Anyway, park further out yourself and walk, if you can. It's good for you!

WOW I'm so sorry for your friend, RIP to her. Some people are just too insensitive & doesn't care about those who really need a closer parking spot. Worse is that those who are usually trying to compete for the nearest parking slot are those able-bodied people who are blessed to have both their legs function properly. While very hot weather or strong rains can be a valid excuse but there are some who are in an enclosed parking slot still competing for that nearest slot. Unless you're sick, disabled or have an elderly person with you who has trouble walking long distances, you got nothing to lose if you take extra walks from the parking slot to the mall entrance.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    For me pure laziness is when people who use shopping carts are TOO DAMN LAZY to walk them over to a cart collection rack and park the damn carts on a sidewalk, in a parking spot, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time....dont be a hater be a congratulator!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    One main reason I park further out........................door dings. I have hardly any on my vehicles. I observe that the closer people park, the less concerned they are about the cars beside them when it comes to opening up their doors.

IDEA Fitness member
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm in Minnesota in the summer I could care less if I had to park accross the street. In the winter when it is like a zillion degrees below zero outside before factoring in the wind-chill factor screw that, I'm going to park inside the store if I can!!!! :laugh:
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Know what bothers me?

Strawberries!!!!!

I'll spend 10 minutes searching through carton after carton of strawberries...in search of the reddest, biggest, prettiest berries...and when i get them home and open it...

There's a moldy, slimy one inside...EWWWWW!!

In the trash they go :-/
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have a broken ankle. You can bet your behind that I'm waiting for the closest non-handicap spot!

Still mad?

:flowerforyou:

Just an FYI......If you are to the point you are weight-bearing on that broken ankle the more walking you do on it the more you will stimulate the bone to heal.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    One main reason I park further out........................door dings. I have hardly any on my vehicles. I observe that the closer people park, the less concerned they are about the cars beside them when it comes to opening up their doors.

IDEA Fitness member

This....and I never EVER park next to a car or truck that's all beat to *kitten*....because they (owner of hoopty) couldn't care less what they do to my car. I park in the "nosebleeds" section of the lot.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    <<==Asian Woman Driver. Double strikes. Imma park wherever I can safely get in and out of a spot.

High five!!!!
    i don't know about what's with asian women, this is the same reason that i got in trouble with my wife. i don't mind parking somewhere further. but i agree when i ask her it's all about safety. which makes me feel secure when she's all alone out there
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Looks like you were going for a close spot as well. Before I became disabled, I parked on the outer perimeter. Less dings that way and a little extra exercise.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Meh, it pisses me off a bunch when it's like.. a teenager. You're young. You can walk.
    But I live in South Florida. So even though the mall opens at noon and less than 1/3 of the lot is full. People still park illegally next to the weird grass mediums we have in the lot.

But it's okay. Because I'm that jerk who drives around the waiter, so now they have to wait longer.. since the person pulling out is too scared to back up with my car moving. :)
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Real world problems.:tongue: