pure laziness

Options

Replies

• BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm in better shape than average population. I have a nice car. I don't want stupid people dinging my car. I look for spots that are about 5-8 spots away from the pack anyway.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP!
    I think it's laziness and I get annoyed at people that have to park close too.

I usually park as far away as possible, on purpose, to avoid having to deal with these situations, and it feels good to walk a little bit!!
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    I hate it when I am the person just starting to unload my groceries into the car and someone is already waiting on me. I feel PRESSURE to like throw my groceries in my car and get out of their way! although if I am in a really b!itchy mood I will move extra slowly. Ok--I haven't really done that but have thought about it. lol. I'm in Texas too.

THIS!!!! I hate that shizz. lol
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I think that worse than folks in lots who do that are folks who come to a screeching halt on a narrow city street when they saw a parked car with its blinker on.

Seems those folks come in two varieties:

1. The ones who stop right in front of the car trying to get out, which not only blocks it in, but also stops up traffic behind it, and
    2. The ones who stop right in front of the car trying to get out, which not only blocks it in, but also stops up traffic behind it.

OH sorry. That's only one variety.

Get a grip - you lost the parking spot lotto this time. Move on and don't choke up the entire block!

R
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I see people parked in the "fire lane" up close by the store, just waiting for people to come out of the store. I also hate it when I'm at the gas station and there's an open spot a few pumps down, but nope, they have to come park behind the person at the first pump. I really get pissed if they beep their horn. My husband pumps the gas, and he has to go over to the cashier to pay, whether I move the car or not, you can't start pumping your gas until mine is paid for. I go for whatever pump is open, not just the first one. Why doesn't common sense spread as quickly as stupid seems to? Hmm, would I rather drive a little farther and start pumping my gas immediately so I can get out of there sooner, or would I rather park behind someone and leave my car running while waiting, using more gas?

I too park far away from the store. I go for pull-through parking spots because I have a rather large vehicle and don't like backing it out. I will back into a parking spot if there aren't any cars on either side, but I hate backing it out.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    It's really funny to see this in the parking lot at gyms!
  • rprussell2004
    Options
    I hate it when I am the person just starting to unload my groceries into the car and someone is already waiting on me. I feel PRESSURE to like throw my groceries in my car and get out of their way! although if I am in a really b!itchy mood I will move extra slowly. Ok--I haven't really done that but have thought about it. lol. I'm in Texas too.

THIS!!!! I hate that shizz. lol

I will generally wave them on and shake my head, like "I'm just loading up and going back in. Nothing for you here. Sorry."

Suckers.
  • rprussell2004
    Options
    I hate it when I see people parked in the "fire lane" up close by the store, just waiting for people to come out of the store.

Huh - I do this. What is wrong with this? If I don't leave my car and I'm not in the way, I don't see the issue. I believe I'm less of an annoying hazard than if I'm out mindlessly circling and dodging shoppers in the parking lot.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I will generally wave them on and shake my head, like "I'm just loading up and going back in. Nothing for you here. Sorry."

Suckers.

I'm slightly more sinister at times. I've stopped at a car with my buggy and pulled my keys out. Then I wait a min while I look over the receipt and they when they give me that impatient look I just start walking to where I actually parked.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I never wait for spots unless the parking lot is crazy busy and there's no other one available, ie Christmas shopping. All other times, I park as far away as I can, unless I have my kids with me, because most of those people that are fighting for the close spots can't drive, park too close to the lines, or ding my car with their car doors. It's just not worth the fight to me. I have enough to do with working full time and taking care of my family...I don't need to worry about getting a close spot.

Shoot, most of the time I try to come in from the back of the lot instead of the front so that I don't have to get involved in all the "waiting for the best parking spot" drama LOL
  • jpuderbaugh
    Options
    I hate it when I see people parked in the "fire lane" up close by the store, just waiting for people to come out of the store.

Huh - I do this. What is wrong with this? If I don't leave my car and I'm not in the way, I don't see the issue. I believe I'm less of an annoying hazard than if I'm out mindlessly circling and dodging shoppers in the parking lot.

Isn't it illegal? Isn't that why it is the "fire lane", to have it clear of vehicles if emergency responders need to use it?
  • rprussell2004
    Options

Isn't it illegal? Isn't that why it is the "fire lane", to have it clear of vehicles if emergency responders need to use it?

Good question. I guess I've always assumed that if an emergency responder needed to use it, I would just drive away. (See comment about not leaving the car.)

If you're talking about folks who actually PARK there and go in, then I'm right there with you, sister!
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    my step brother was worse he would park at the house so close to the front door that he would not need to even take 1 step to get into the car to go to work.
  • gradgal01
    gradgal01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's the walking that bothers them. I think people just want to "win".

a+
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Sorry, we circle for closer spots! I have two kids and the four year old often complains even if he has to walk for a mere few minutes, so the closer we can get, the less issue we'll have getting back to the car after shopping while laden down with grocery bags!

Also, if it's snowing outside. I hate walking through slush at the best of times, the closer the better. XD
  • jpuderbaugh
    Options

Good question. I guess I've always assumed that if an emergency responder needed to use it, I would just drive away. (See comment about not leaving the car.)

If you're talking about folks who actually PARK there and go in, then I'm right there with you, sister!

When I go to Wal-Mart for my weekly shopping trip, I've gone in and saw a vehicle sitting in the fire lane (this has happened a few times) and did my shopping (probably takes me about an hour when I rush... I hate wal-mart, I rush) and came back out when done and the same car was still sitting there, with somebody sitting in it. That is what bothers me. That and yes, the people who leave their car and go shopping. Maybe this is one of the reasons I often see police cars patroling the parking lot.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Well when my entire body is sore from an extensive workout and I'm carrying like 500 things with me because I'm going to class or work. I would prefer to be a little closer. PLUS I'm always running around and usually have VERY little time to get where I want. The closer the parking spot, the quicker I can get out and get on my way.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Your life must be pretty good if that's all you have to worry about today. If it helps, why don't you try to find a little inner happiness that you'll get that prime spot far away, burn extra calories walking to the store, and you'll get inside first. SCORE!

PS: Get over it!
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It really bugs me when people circle the parking lot 20 times to get a spot right in front of the store entrance or hold up traffic for five minutes to wait someone to leave from the third spot when there's an empty spot ten spots down. Is it that bad to walk a few more feet?!

I'd rather park at the far end of the parking lot and walk. Burns more calories. Hehe..but my kids hate it.
  • rprussell2004
    Options
    When I go to Wal-Mart for my weekly shopping trip, I've gone in and saw a vehicle sitting in the fire lane (this has happened a few times) and did my shopping (probably takes me about an hour when I rush... I hate wal-mart, I rush) and came back out when done and the same car was still sitting there, with somebody sitting in it.

O_o

Wal-mart people scare me.