The other woman becoming your Best Friend*** Drama Alert***

Options

Replies

• BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    I would stay far away from the drama. Since the ex is your child's father you need to think about what would be in that child's best interest? It would not be to get involved in the mess created by him and someone else. That could make things worse with your relationship with him which in turn could hurt your child.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I was in a relationship for almost 3 years. My SO was not faithful. I never caught him or anything except when I was pregnant ( approx 3-4 months) I walked in on her walking out of the bathroom at our house while I wasn't home. Of course I suspected something, but was never confirmed. Well he would tell her he was leaving me, and etc. He pledged himself to me. Well She finally got smart ( though I did not & stayed with him for the sake of our daughter) and she got over him, we became really good friends after that. Well me & him have broken up ( for good) despite our daughter. Well he called his ex and cried on the phone with her for like 30 minutes, of course she called me to tell me this, some drama has started because I changed my relationship status from in a relationship to single. So what, well all my friends really didn't like him and were all excited & stuff, well someone told him, or showed him what was going on. I never said anything bad about him, my friends did and one was his ex. So he proceeded to write "&^%^& all you haters you can only hurt someone so much before its my turn." Then following this he wrote " Ex's g/f name here, your just mad that ____(me) left me & you couldn't, I left you, so ha." She found out and wrote this WHOLE LONG response on her fb page to kind of spite him and said basically that she was better off without him and him leaving her was the best thing that ever happened, because she's with a man she loves dearly, has a baby with him, etc. Well idk if he saw it but someone commented on his post that he shouldn't have written something like that because its immature & he replied it's going to be funny when her man finds out that she was messing around with him around her birthday ( im assuming this was last year not this year)

Now, do I say something to both of them about this matter, or do I let it go and let them continue this Facebook war. And do I finally breakdown and ask her woman to woman what happened between them?

Really? You're worried about all this when you have a kid to be concerned about? He's immature? Sounds like you both need to grow up ... if not for yourselves then for your child. *smh*

Thank god someone said it. You are 100% correct.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Oh lord Facebook.

That whole thing is their business. I would suggest deleting the post it originated from (if it's yours, if not, "unfollow" it) and letting them have their spitting match. She may be your friend now but even friends have limits. Plus... it's Facebook. It's the INTERNET. It's just ridiculous to let stuff that festers in nothing but text and smilies get to you.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you for bringing the facebook drama over here....:noway:
  • Tamaralea88
    Tamaralea88 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Facebook is destroying relatinships faster than anything else in the history of man.

No people are doing that, facebook is just putting it out in the open lol
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    It it helps you feel a sense of closure then ask.

But you already know what the deal is, so I personaly would leave it alone!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Stay out of it, and ditch her as a friend. She never really was your friend in the first place it seems to me. If she was wouldn't have been with your man behind your back.

Personally, I would delete BOTH of them from as friends from facebook and make your account friends only so they can't see what you post. I understand he is the father of your child so you probably want to maintain some contact with him, but you can do that over the phone. If he is still your facebook friend, it will be tempting to look at his profile which can just stir up bad feelings. Also, he might start posting nasty things on your wall too. Remove the temptatation for both of you. I had a similar situation with my ex and his new girlfriend. I felt sooo much better once I removed them, it was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. Facebook is a great tool for staying connected, but don't let it control your life.

Set a good example for your child and don't worry yourself with petty drama. Hold your head high and be a strong woman. Leave the BS behind you.

**Oh and don't bother asking her what went on, it's not going to make anything better. Leave the past in the past and focus on the future, things you can change.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Why do I feel like I just stepped back into High School?
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    how old are all of you?! seriously ...
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Facebook is destroying relatinships faster than anything else in the history of man.

People are destroying relationships. Facebook just makes it public.

Exercise your delete friend button. Both on Facebook and irl.

well said
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You're adults. Get the eff off Facebook and work out the drama somewhere else.

I hate Facebook so much sometimes.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Why does Facebook make people act like teenagers?
    Walk away from the drama and focus on your life and your daughter.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I was in a relationship for almost 3 years. My SO was not faithful. I never caught him or anything except when I was pregnant ( approx 3-4 months) I walked in on her walking out of the bathroom at our house while I wasn't home. Of course I suspected something, but was never confirmed. Well he would tell her he was leaving me, and etc. He pledged himself to me. Well She finally got smart ( though I did not & stayed with him for the sake of our daughter) and she got over him, we became really good friends after that. Well me & him have broken up ( for good) despite our daughter. Well he called his ex and cried on the phone with her for like 30 minutes, of course she called me to tell me this, some drama has started because I changed my relationship status from in a relationship to single. So what, well all my friends really didn't like him and were all excited & stuff, well someone told him, or showed him what was going on. I never said anything bad about him, my friends did and one was his ex. So he proceeded to write "&^%^& all you haters you can only hurt someone so much before its my turn." Then following this he wrote " Ex's g/f name here, your just mad that ____(me) left me & you couldn't, I left you, so ha." She found out and wrote this WHOLE LONG response on her fb page to kind of spite him and said basically that she was better off without him and him leaving her was the best thing that ever happened, because she's with a man she loves dearly, has a baby with him, etc. Well idk if he saw it but someone commented on his post that he shouldn't have written something like that because its immature & he replied it's going to be funny when her man finds out that she was messing around with him around her birthday ( im assuming this was last year not this year)

Now, do I say something to both of them about this matter, or do I let it go and let them continue this Facebook war. And do I finally breakdown and ask her woman to woman what happened between them?
    I have one question:

Why did you even bother hitting the enter key just for those last two sentences? It was such a wonderful run-on paragraph up until then.
  • geminigrl622
    geminigrl622 Posts: 144
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. The biggest mistake women make is letting the other woman know you are so vulnerable to ask questions about your man. He cheated...point blank period. And there's not anything the other woman can say to me to explain either of their positions.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I would follow the drama and save the immature emails. They can be used as evidence in court if he ever tries to get custody. That being said, don't post anything that can be used against you. Before you write anything on fb that could affect your child, ask yourself if the statements would be helpful for the child to read when he/she is older. If it would be hurtful, don't post it.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Just step away from the FB!
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    billy.....:laugh: ..............i love you , man

I have one question:

Why did you even bother hitting the enter key just for those last two sentences? It was such a wonderful run-on paragraph up until then.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

:laugh:
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Leave it alone!!! What good would come out of getting involved???