WEIGHT OF THE NATION on HBO

Options
12346»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    It's good. You can watch it here: http://theweightofthenation.hbo.com/films.

Thanks for the link!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Wait until you see part 4. That will REALLY piss you off. Very staggering stuff going on. My guy wasn't remotely interested in a healthier lifestyle. He caught most of part 4 of the series (I hid the remote because I wanted to watch it) and even he was pissed about the facts shown. Time to wake up and smell the coffee people, the government is not your friend, and cares nothing about your health.
    I still have to watch it. Been busy, but Sunday I should be able to catch up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    saw it and it was jaw dropping to say the least. I still have it on dvr just to remind me what I'm tryn to avoid. A must "SEE" by all if nothing else...to make you aware of choices that we make as a whole.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have been watching it. Really interesting. Especially the Challenges and Children in Crisis segments. Seeing the way advertisers push the most unhealthy foods on the public and the correlations between the environmental factors and the rise in the obesity epidemic is a huge eye opener.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I have been watching it. Really interesting. Especially the Challenges and Children in Crisis segments. Seeing the way advertisers push the most unhealthy foods on the public and the correlations between the environmental factors and the rise in the obesity epidemic is a huge eye opener.
    Yeah gotta say that advertising has such a HUGE impact on how food is actually sold. Though adults aren't probably affected as much as young adults, teens and kids are who plead parents to buy what they see on TV and other advertisements.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BetterMike
    BetterMike Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just saw part 1. Very sobering stuff but towards the end I saw the doctor holding a model of 5 lbs of fat. I'd seen it before but it's great motivation to lose extra weight and really make you realize how even losing a little bit is a big help.
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    bump