what do you put in plain yogurt?

Options

Replies

• hotlips1269
    Options
    I like a little crunch in my yogurt, so I put a sprinkle of Bare Naked Chocolate granola, it adds a little chocolate flavor & crunch, plus it's whole grain. I love it!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    add fresh berries (strawberries and blueberries are great) and granola. Yum!
  • spandit
    spandit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you like Indian food, in a cup of yoghurt try a dash of salt, 1/2 tsp each of cumin and corriander powder. stir well and eat. you can add drained garbanzo beans for a filling high protein meal.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bump for all the awesome!!
  • Lainnee
    Lainnee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AllieCatz
    AllieCatz Posts: 26
    Options
    For dessert I mix it with one of the flavors from Capella Flavor Drops, like Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Vanilla Custard etc., and some stevia. Capella flavorings are concentrated and don't have any calories. I LOVE them!! Mixing their NY Cheesecake and Fresh Strawberry (or using real strawberries) and stevia is one of my favorites too. But many of their flavorings are the creamy dessert stuff that we can't have otherwise and are very true to their flavor. They sell a lot to Medfast dieters and also have water flavorings. I sound like a commercial lol but I'm sold on this stuff! They're much more concentrated than the ones you can buy in the stores so a few drops is all you need.

I also mix the drops with some uncooked oatmeal and Greek yogurt and refrigerate it overnight. To sweeten it I either use stevia or honey, depending on the flavor I want.

When you strain the yogurt for cheese do you add your other ingredients first and then strain it in the refrigerator overnight? I assume you use cheesecloth or a paper towel over a fine mesh strainer?? Would a coffee filter work? Please and thanks. :)
  • eva_lawlor
    eva_lawlor Posts: 81
    Options
    1 tsp honey and peaches(:
  • Kristy161089
    Options
    Bump (:
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    My spoon.
  • nyxt
    nyxt Posts: 60
    Options
    ^
  • tazzamac
    tazzamac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh Yes. I Am Bumping. I've been a bit hesitant to make the move to greek and plain yogurts but the recipes on here sound like they might make them taste bearable!
    Thanks!
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Any fresh berries and some granola (brown sugar flavor) with raisins! Its like a parfait!!
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump! good ideas!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i mix it with low fat cottage chesse and vanilla protein powder. Delicious!
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I love the combination of cinnamon and chopped up apples in my yoghurt - very yummy!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Frank's and garlic powder.
    Bam----Buffalo sauce.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    granny smith apples and honey is great in yogurt.
    gives it a sweet and tangy(some may say sour) taste
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened chocolate powder, if you like dark chocolate it's great!
  • kellybeam
    Options
    I put strawberries and a quarter cup of grape nuts with a spoonful of walnuts or pecans...for a more filling meal. I do this for lunch. It gives you a little crunch and is quite yummy!! :happy:
  • silencethelamb
    silencethelamb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    - Peanut butter and honey (sweet & salty)
    - Cocoa powder and some sweetener (chocolaty)
    - any kind of fruit (berries, bananas, peaches etc.)
    - Granola (just watch out for fat and sugar)
    - Nuts (portion control!)
    - add frozen berries and puree to make ice cream *yummy*
    - add yogurt to protein shakes

I ♥ yogurt :love:

Soul mate