MOMS & DADS....what's your car and do you like it?

Options

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    great ride for a family thats also a band.

partridge-family-bus.jpg

LOL!! Oh man, I can imagine the crap I'd run over if I had to drive something that big!!! :)
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a 2001 chevy suburban. I thought it was way to big at first. Now I am in love with it! It is very roomy.
    I have three teenage boys, and three dogs. It has the captains chairs in front, middle, and a bench seat in the back.
    The only thing I would recomend is getting the one with 2 doors on the back like mine. The ones with the back hatch that you raise up are very inconvinent.
    I also love the dual A/C and heated seats. :)
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of the soccer mom minivans...I'm on my 4th one now.
    Is it just me, or has every minivan you know of had the engine or transmission die?

No I have never had transmission probelms. What vans did you have?
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Chevrolet Suburban.
    Pros: Lots of room and even with the third row operational, there is still tons of room to haul your crap. Enough power to tow pretty much anything you want.

Cons: It is a gas PIG. It can also be tough to park sometimes.

I am lucky. my Wife works from home so the Suburban stays parked most of the week. I drive my 15 year old Cavalier to work every day.
  • amosjo
    amosjo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I prefer driving a sedan to a larger vehicle, and I love my Toyota Camry. It's a well-made machine, reliable, roomy, and attractive (red!). I have three kids and though they sometimes fight over who has to sit in the middle, they all fit just fine. At one point I had two car seats in the back seat and space was not an issue even then. The trunk is large too.

For more cargo space, hubby drives a Toyota Highlander (his first Toyota--I made a believer out of him, haha), and he LOVES it. It seats seven, and when the back seats are folded down there is a lot of cargo space. It's comfy and rides like a dream, plus it looks sharp.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have a Sienna.....and I love it. Eventually I will have a 4-dr jeep as a 3rd vehicle but can't afford it right now with two in daycare. As far as family vehicle....nothing beats the Sienna.
  • Morgan01962
    Options
    I'm a mother of 6, 5 still at home, and i drive a ford freestar. Do i like it um not really. Would love a Kia, or a Nissan quest heard they really save in gas. :wink:
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ford focus wagon. Hate it.

Getting a matrix this summer. Hubby drives one. It's a good car.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have 2 of them:

2011 Ford Explorer... Love this vehicle. By far the nicest vehicle we have ever had. Tons of rooms for kids with 3 rows.

2008 Toyota Tundra Crewmax... Great truck and has plenty of room for the little ones.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    2002 DODGE DURANGO I LIKE THE VEHICLE BUT HATE THE GAS MILEAGE AND THE FACT IT TAKES ME 300 A MONTH FOR GAS
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Mom of four who also carts around friends of the kids...kids ages are 15, 9, 7 and 5. I drive the monster expedition and I love it. Don't love the pump but oh well, I make the money, I'll spend it ;)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Well, I drive a 2009 Subaru Forester, but I only have one kid. For three kids, that definitely wouldn't work, though it does just fine for our toddler, two dogs and ski equipment, haha. It also is great on gas mileage. I get an average of 27 in town and 31 on the freeway, which for a crossover is pretty awesome.
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Two kids, boy and girl. Rarely going in the same direction at the same time!

2010 Mercedes C300 Sport 4-matic (handles like it is on rails)
    2005 Chevy Avalanche - awesome for camping and hauling crap
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a 2012 Chevy Traverse! I also have 3 kids. Mine is a 8 passenger, but you can get a 7 passenger with the captain's chairs(like a van). I LOVE it and would definitely recommend it to a friend!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have a Nissan Quest. It's my first minivan. It's sad and ugly (as they all are) but with 3 kids it's the only way to go. I like being able to walk back there and smack 'em around....:wink:
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have a 2004 chevy trailblazer LS XLT.. it seats 7 we drove it from kansas to nj last summer... not so great on the mileage. we also have an 06 chrysler town and country.

I really want a Ford flex or the jeep comanders
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have a 2004 chevy trailblazer LS XLT.. it seats 7 we drove it from kansas to nj last summer... not so great on the mileage.

Had one of those before the Avalanche. Nice vehicle / very safe- handles crashes very well (don't ask how I know!)
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have a 2012 Chevy Traverse! I also have 3 kids. Mine is a 8 passenger, but you can get a 7 passenger with the captain's chairs(like a van). I LOVE it and would definitely recommend it to a friend!

^^^ This

I love mine too and have been recommending it to all my friends! I have three girls and I like that they can each invite one friend with them whenever we go out :)

It's also great on our road trips; they watch movies the entire way! No more fighting either, because it is quite spacious :bigsmile:
    (I think that is my favorite part: No More Fighting)

9821387.png
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have a CR-v but my next car will be a traverse. Drove one in Florida and it was awesome...had the bucket seats in the center area so its easy for the kids to get in the very back
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've got two kids. I have a Caravan. It's good. Not many problems. Gets the job done. *shrug*