MOMS & DADS....what's your car and do you like it?

Options

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Family of 6. We have a Honda Accord Hybrid (only 5 people fit) and an Infiniti QX56 (seats 8).

The Honda's fuel efficiency sort of makes up for the Infiniti's gas guzzling. Love them both.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Honda CRV.

Ups: good gas mileage, 4 wheel drive, can seat 5, surf boards fit perfectly on top, repairs are relatively cheap

downs: hondas break down more than US made cars. My sweetie is always telling me to get something made by Jeep.

ummm..that's odd! I have had my Honda Accord for over 5 years...not once has it broken down.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I have a 2009 Chevy HHR and love it! We only have one child so no worries about squishing 3 in the back seat. You can technically put three back there but I don't think it would be comfortable. Two adults can comfortably fit in back if our son isn't with us.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have a 2004 Honda Pilot that I LOVE. I don't have kids, but it's great for large groups. I can fit 6 adults and 2 kids in there if I put up the third row, plus I have the towing package and can tow up to 4500 lbs. It rides like a dream too. Great for road trips.

Here are some pics of my truck (before I installed the towing package and roof rack):

6716217319_1340465dd5.jpg

Still have cargo space even with all 3 rows of seating up:
    6716217507_7011eda46c_n.jpg

Very roomy back seat:
    6716217545_da17af6705_n.jpg

I've owned Hondas my entire adult life and never had a major problem out of any of them. I have over 95,000 miles on my Pilot, and had 275,000 on my old Accord when I sold it. Accord was on it's original engine and transmission too and didn't leak a drop of oil.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My wife drives a 2011 Ford Flex, with the EcoBoost engine and AWD. Seats 7, drives like a car, really nice inside and very comfortable. Even with the twin-turbo v6 she gets 19-20mpg. 3 row folds flat, and even with it up, there is a decent amount of cargo space.

I drive a 2007 Dodge Charger R/T. Lots of fun, seats 5 comfortably, and goes like heck with the HEMI.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    2004 Pontiac GTO and love it - although I would prefer an automatic over a manual since I now have to deal with Chicago traffic.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have a 2002 Honda Accord SE.
    I have driven it to death...and it still looks, and runs like new!
    Hondas ARE the most reliable vehicle you can buy...and the hybrids are pretty awesome! If they come out with a diesel engine like the Volkswagen and Mercedes...I'm grabbing one up quick!!
    If you take care of your car...you will have it longer...it will run better...and nothing is better than a car that's paid for, and runs like new!
    My car starts EVERY SINGLE TIME I turn the key! I've only had to do routine maintenance on it.

I had a friend who had a 1996 Honda Accord LX....she had over 400K miles on it, before it needed any major work! So...what does THAT tell you about Hondas? lol
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just have one kid so never had the need for a minivan or a big car/suv..
    I have a nissan sentra se, 4-door, manual, great on gas..
    I bought mine fully loaded and love the car - 'cept when idiots hit me and drive off *lol*
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Chevy Equinox LT, born on March 19th, 2012.

Tons of leg room in the front and back, great on gas, super comfortable. An excellent all-round family vehicle.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My hubby didn't want a mini van so we ended up with a Trailblazer w/ the 3rd row seat. We have 4 kids, ages 10, 6, 4 and 18months (all girls). I love it! But, on long car trips, I wish they each had individual sound proof compartments so they couldn't argue (or so I wouldn't have to hear it)
  • trailsinlife
    trailsinlife Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dodge 3/4 diesel pickup quad-cab. Plenty of room for our three kids in the back seat. Plenty of room in the bed to haul anything you want and enough power to tow things you really should not be pulling. :)

No other pick-up owners here?!?!

Edit . . . Oh ya, its my favorite vehicle I have ever owned!

2011 Ram 2500 Mega Cab! Also have a 2010 4 door Jeep Wrangler. We have one daughter so they work well for us!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids (13 and 5.5) and a 2012 kia sportage, it has a ton of room for them. I love it!!
  • gadisneydiva
    gadisneydiva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a 2012 Ford Flex (Candy Red with white top) We LOVE it!!!!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've had it a few years and have enjoyed it. We have 3 kids and it fits everyone fine.
  • beachlover718
    Options
    Subaru Outback! Awesome, tough, comfortable, all around vehicle with lots of room for kids' stuff. Wouldn't trade it for any other.

^^THIS^^

LOVE LOVE LOVE my outback. (I literally HUG it from time to time) 2011 so newer body style, doesnt look like a station on anymore. back seats recline, plenty of leg room for my 6' 4" brother. fits 2 car seats well, could squeeze a skinny person in between if needed. without car seats can fit 3 ppl fairly well but probably wouldnt want to for a trip longer than 2 hrs. TONs of room in the trunk. Subaru also makes a 7 passenger vehicle but it's UGLY imo.

Drove a honda accord for 8 yrs with no problems, planned to get a CRV but didnt like it as much as the outback (also liked the chevy traverse, but with only 2 kids the outback was my fav)
  • peytonturk
    peytonturk Posts: 49
    Options
    I have 3 boys ages 11, 7 & 2... I have a honda pilot and i've been driving one since 2004! Love it! Great on gas mileage (around 450 miles to the tank highway) and it seats 8. It's not a monster SUV, but plenty of room for everyone and everything. And I soooooooo want the new one that just came out!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Chevy Impala... LOVE IT! burt yah, I only have 2 kids. It is pretty roomy though. I can fit an adult and 2 kids in car seats in the back seat and the trunk is huge. Great on gas too. I have 125k miles and still going. Original everything except I just had to replace the wipers last month...LOL it's a 2007!!! Chevy builds to last baby!:happy:
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well I have no kids...just the 4 legged kind. But I had a 2000 Dodge Caravan and just traded it in last week. It had 182500 miles on it. Never had one problem with the engine or transmission. Traded it in for a 2012 Ford Escape Limited and loving it!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I have a GMC Yukon Denali and I LOVE it! I have 2 kids, 8 and 2 and they love it too. Way cooler than a mini-van. Has bucket seats so they have their own space and third row seating. It also has a flip down tv. Very spacious. Highly recommend!
  • chelelynn1972
    chelelynn1972 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love my Honda Pilot (130,000 miles and 9 years old). We plan to trade her in for a new Pilot next year.

My husband and I have only owned Hondas for the last 17 years with no major repairs. They'll take a lot of miles with proper maintenance. My husband's Civic coupe (before children) had over 300,000 miles when an old man decided to pull out in front of him.

In defense of minivans, my sister drives a Hyundai Entourage and it's been a good vehicle for them.