Low Carb-ers Challenge to Choose Change!

Options

Replies

• Beachcomer
    Beachcomer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi All You Losers but Winners,
    My weigh in was 279 and my goal for the week is 274(5 lbs.).
    Thanks for being the leader.
    Beachcomer
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My goal for next week is 5 lbs... I am gonna go big this week, see if I can manage to beat my goal again :)

Does everyone stick to mainly protein or do you eat things that are healthy for you but have carbs like tomatoes? I miss tomatoes so much! But I am not willing to give them 8 of my 20 carbs I am allowing myself even though i usually only eat 13 or so carbs. So what do you all do? What is a basic day for you?

P.S. Great Job this week EVERYONE!!!

Christin -

I take in only the "good" carbs - up to about 30 g. Here's an example of my daily plan:

B: Shake (Homemade protein shake, 148 cals, 1 fat, 4 carbs)
    Sn: pepper strips, turkey pepperoni
    L: Salad w/ some protein on top - ham or chicken, some HB egg, 1 oz cheese, etc. w/ 1 tbsp dressing, cocoa roast almonds for dessert, or sometimes a SF Jello cup
    Sn: Atkins Advantage Shake
    D: Grilled protein - lotsa lean pork, chicken, etc.
    Sn: Green olives

Usually works out to be around 1300-1400 calories, 25-30 carbs..... Not all carbs are bad - just simple carbs like those found in breads - pretty much any thing "white" except for cauliflower, or anything sweet like processed cakes, etc. Your body does need carbs, but you can choose to do the good carbs or the bad carbs.

Tomoatoes would be a good carb, but since they are technically a fruit, they tend to have higher sugar content, and therefore more carbs....
  • LadyLioness
    Options
    Can you see me now?
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, you should have known they couldn't keep the fiesty one away. :laugh:

Guess who's back with a new name, same game plan though..........

Friday was my birthday and Saturday was my anniversary. We had fun this past weekend.

I am going to stay low key this time around so I don't get kicked off again, LOL..........

Goodness, they don't even tell you that they deleted your account. :flowerforyou:

Please weigh me in for Monday. I weighed in this morning, official. 203.4

Y'all do know who this is, right???
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes Leo, GLAD YOUR BACK!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I am glad to be back on here too!!

I can't believe that they deleted my account, but not anyone else. That is very disheartening as I got gang-raped, for lack of a better term.

I will not be speaking low carb to anyone outside the confines of the walls of the forums where I KNOW people are doing some type of low carb lifestyle..................
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Hi! Just back from the movies with my son and his girlfriend. Too funny...we were laughing so hard we couldn't stop! Went to see The Proposal! Good one! Anyway....I'm still waiting on a few weigh-ins and I KNOW they will be here!!! I know at least 3 of them will be here at some point, so I'm hanging in there...waiting...waiting....:bigsmile:

Crl0421, Firedragon, Scrunchkins, Magnificent Mama, SLIMisgd, SL8on...come on girls!!! we're ready for another good week!!! So far, we have NO gains...and a couple holding their own...which is great! Let's have another good week!!

Leo...you're probably best off to keep it that way .... I guess everybody's different and has different plans they like to follow. I just happen to know the ONLY way I can loose! :wink:

Back later...............:tongue:

DON'T FORGET TO GIVE ME YOUR GOAL FOR THIS WEEK TOO! :drinker:
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Oops Forgot this....NEED this week's GOALs for:

Leo
    ClassicC
    Cmstief
    Mel
    Stormie

Ya'll keep me straight. Sorry if I have missed something! :bigsmile:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Oops Forgot this....NEED this week's GOALs for:

Leo
    ClassicC
    Cmstief
    Mel
    Stormie

Ya'll keep me straight. Sorry if I have missed something! :bigsmile:

3.4 pounds for goal this week..............I have got to get out of these 200's.

Yes, you are right. And a lot of people on this site could benefit also from the way we eat and be more satisfied too.

I don't get it, I could never go back to counting calories and watching my fat intake ever again..........I have learned so much that my mind and eyes are wide open.
  • magnificentmama
    Options
    LEO I am so happy your back we missed you so much!!! I knew you would'nt leave us!!!!:wink: Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary!!!! Hope it was awesome :bigsmile:

Allen, I am so sorry about your puppy :sad:

Classic thanks for the ideas : I love peanutbutter too!!! Any special kind I should buy? I just read an article that says your body expends more energy digesting protien than fat or carbs! It says high -protein foods can delay hunger pains and bolster your energy!!! Wow So peanut butter sounds like a great food for me to eat:tongue:

Mommy of 2, I might try the peanutbutter with carrots too ! but gotta i watch carbs so I need to be careful i been going over a little !!!

SASSY I now weigh 205 yipee!!!! and I was super scared but, i lost I really did I think I lost 7 pounds WOWZA!!!! unbelieveable:blushing: my new goal for next week is to lose 5 pounds its gona be hard i know cause weight does start to plateau but, I think i mean I KNOW I CAN DO IT !!! LOL:wink:

S

THANKS everyone couldnt done it without you all
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Hey MAGNIFICENT MAMA.....did you already post your weigh-in...am I missin' something!! I know I'm a little crazy at times, so help me out.....:bigsmile:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    LEO I am so happy your back we missed you so much!!! I knew you would'nt leave us!!!!:wink: Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary!!!! Hope it was awesome :bigsmile:

I missed you guys too!!! I cried Friday when I was posting and it showed up for me, but not for the forums.................

I can still get to my other page and log in too, but can't do anything except keep my stats going. Really sucks that they blocked me from the forums.

I did have an awesome Anniversary and birthday!!

I got a blackberry storm, a Kodak HD digital camera and a netbook. I really think my hubby loves me. :love: :love:
  • magnificentmama
    Options
    LEO: WOW he really does love you :smooched: !! He is an awesome hubby

SASSY : I now weight 205 so i think that is a 7 pound lose if i weighed 212 last week (I think I did)YIPEE :laugh:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    LEO: WOW he really does love you :smooched: !! He is an awesome hubby

SASSY : I now weight 205 so i think that is a 7 pound lose if i weighed 212 last week (I think I did)YIPEE :laugh:

Ha Ha............Yep, that is why I have kept him for 11 years of marriage.

That is fantastic with the pounds lost Magnificent!!!!!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs (weight 186 lbs). Did not meet my goal 1 lb short but I feel great.
    Sassy, my goal this week is 2 lbs.
  • mommyof2boys
    mommyof2boys Posts: 221
    Options
    Wow leo your hubby really does love you and glad to see you back.

My birthday is in 26 days I think lol and my inlaws are fixing my camara for me which is costing them $250 I have a nikon d70 I love photoraphy! My curicut board shorted out and I have been with out a camara for a months and 3 days and I have one more week till I get it back! I am going insane... I am a picture junky.lol.
    I cant wait to see the chart this week!
    So when you count carbs do you count the good ones??? My mom told me I should only count the bad carbs...
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Yeah!!! Welcome back LeoLovesLibra!!! Yeah!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    Hi everyone, you should have known they couldn't keep the fiesty one away. :laugh:

Guess who's back with a new name, same game plan though..........

Friday was my birthday and Saturday was my anniversary. We had fun this past weekend.

I am going to stay low key this time around so I don't get kicked off again, LOL..........

Goodness, they don't even tell you that they deleted your account. :flowerforyou:

Please weigh me in for Monday. I weighed in this morning, official. 203.4

Y'all do know who this is, right???

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!! Hugs!!!
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!!:flowerforyou:

thanks for the encouraging words!!! :happy:

Sassy- i'm shooting for that 2lbs again!!!!!!! woot!!! cant keep a good woman down! :laugh:

Leo- WELCOME back!!!!!!!!!! missed ya!! yes, please please please dont get kicked out again:flowerforyou: i tried ur brownies (well a version of, using wheat flour b/c i cudnt find almond:ohwell: ) and they were great!!! thank u!!!! *hugs* i'm baking as we speak!! chocolate "cake" from the atkins website or as like to call it - experiment #4 until i prove i made it edible LOL!!
    :laugh: we welcome ur insight and tips!!!

great to see everyone checking in and keeping on top of things- so motivating!!!! i love y'all!!

thought- "It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." - Eleanor Roosevelt, first lady

we got this!!!!!!
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Hey MAGNIFICENT MAMA.....did you already post your weigh-in...am I missin' something!! I know I'm a little crazy at times, so help me out.....:bigsmile:

NEVERMIND!!! Got 'cha Magnificent Mama and WOW ... you did GREAT!!! :bigsmile: