MFP has made such a LIAR out of me !!

Options
When I started MFP in April I said, I'm not going to make friends with these people. I already had plenty of friends on FB and had no need for another social network,... WRONG ! My MFP friends are the best! and FB is soooo last week.

I said...I'm just going to log my calories on here and not going to worry about increasing my exercise.... WRONG ! I've more than doubled my exercise, thanks to my MFP pals who were doing circles around me every day.

Said I wasn't going to get all absorbed in stuff like BMR, TDEE, and such. Seriously, I thought those people were a little kooky to be so concerned with that. LIAR ! I now know my BMR, BF, TDEE as if they were my middle name.

Said I wasn't going to get any of those silly gadgets that everybody raves about. I mean really... a FitBit??! Even the name sounds silly. I already had a pedometer that worked just fine. LIAR, LIAR, pants on fire!! My FitBit is my new best friend. It even likes me. Seriously, it told me that. And my HRM is being delivered Thurs. !!! I can't wait.

I also said I wasn't going to give up my beer and wine. So far that is one promise I have kept. =)

I Heart MFP !!

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    love this post
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    MFP needs a "like" button! I would definitely LIKE... no LOVE this!!
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yes, MFPdefinitely needs to add a LIKE button! Great post! Think I am going to get one of those Fitbit things myself!
  • Going4Healthy
    Going4Healthy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Love this post. I was just thinking this morning how MFP has become my new Facebook. I check MFP on my phone for my friend's updates more often than I check Facebook. It also means I want to add more friends.

I can't even remember how I found out about this site, but I am so glad that I listened when someone told me to become involved in a weight loss community. Best thing I did was adding friends on here.

I <3 MFP!
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    @Patty43ck... You would love the FitBit. Worth every penny. Just be prepared for another addiction. =)
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    we need a "love" button. :smile:
  • Zero2hero2013
    Zero2hero2013 Posts: 458
    Options
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Don't say that too much. If this turns into a "social networking site", my job will block it. So stick to hot words like weightloss, and starvations and exercise and so forth. Thanks.

PS- Glad you're fitting in :)
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This site is really helpful, even with the name being a little bit goofy. Everyone on here is great! :)
  • cindy235
    cindy235 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I began this way too.....
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    great post! I've never bothered by facebook but I like this, everyone with a similar goal! Umming and ahhring about the fitbit though.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    we need a "love" button. :smile:

I agree. "like" is so FB and i LOVE MFP and my buddies on here !
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Amazing what we can accomplish when we have an open mind. :heart:
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE TOTALLY CORRECT!!!! I WAS JUST LIKE YOU. Now, i am getting ready to start buying my cool little gadgets.
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I put my name in on my FitBit as "Gorgeous".

It says things like, "Lookin' Good, Gorgeous!"

"Faster, Gorgeous"

It's like foreplay in my pocket! LMAO!

I feel the same way as you do about EVERYTHING you said!
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    Wow that is in fact my story. I LOVE this post!
  • usteward
    usteward Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I said I wasn't going to hop on the scale both before and after taking a poop.....

Boy how times have changed.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Cute post! MFP is pretty damn addicting! I love it!!