Thanks for sharing. That was awesome!!!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yes, exactly!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me lol it all started with downloading the app to use just for keeping an eye on calories... boy did that change when I started using the actual website =) LOVVVEEEE MFP and all my pals here! <3 My bf complains I spend too much time on here and that it's my new FB as well lol
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP in April I said, I'm not going to make friends with these people. I already had plenty of friends on FB and had no need for another social network,... WRONG ! My MFP friends are the best! and FB is soooo last week.

I said...I'm just going to log my calories on here and not going to worry about increasing my exercise.... WRONG ! I've more than doubled my exercise, thanks to my MFP pals who were doing circles around me every day.

Said I wasn't going to get all absorbed in stuff like BMR, TDEE, and such. Seriously, I thought those people were a little kooky to be so concerned with that. LIAR ! I now know my BMR, BF, TDEE as if they were my middle name.

Said I wasn't going to get any of those silly gadgets that everybody raves about. I mean really... a FitBit??! Even the name sounds silly. I already had a pedometer that worked just fine. LIAR, LIAR, pants on fire!! My FitBit is my new best friend. It even likes me. Seriously, it told me that. And my HRM is being delivered Thurs. !!! I can't wait.

I also said I wasn't going to give up my beer and wine. So far that is one promise I have kept. =)

I Heart MFP !!

I feel ya =)
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Mich3ll36
    Mich3ll36 Posts: 96
    Options
    lol!!! love it!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    :heart: this!
  • christyrp90
    christyrp90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    love!
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Like Like Like.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    such a great post!!!

And I totally agree - MFP and Fitbit are da bombs!!!!
  • BaileyMom17
    BaileyMom17 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm right there with the rest of you, I haven't branched out to making many friends yet though because I don't spend very much time on message boards yet. I also said I wasn't going to worry about increasing my exercise, just tracking what I already do, wasn't going to worry about my calorie intake because all my doctor wanted me watching was sodium.... nope I find myself at the end of the day saying I really want a snack, I guess I better go do laps around the building first :)
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    :heart:

Your post made me smile!!!
  • gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ditto...love ur post and agree 100%!!!!
  • pegbrown74
    pegbrown74 Posts: 1
    Options
    What is a HRM and how do you get it?
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I put my name in on my FitBit as "Gorgeous".

It says things like, "Lookin' Good, Gorgeous!"

"Faster, Gorgeous"

It's like foreplay in my pocket! LMAO!

I feel the same way as you do about EVERYTHING you said!

Ha! Love this and the OP.
    Awesome :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    haha love this.. I'm also really thinking about getting a fitbit. MFP rocks and is way better than FB ;)
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I put my name in on my FitBit as "Gorgeous".

It says things like, "Lookin' Good, Gorgeous!"

"Faster, Gorgeous"

It's like foreplay in my pocket! LMAO!

I feel the same way as you do about EVERYTHING you said!

I don't think my FitBit has ever said "Lookin' Good" to me. Or at least I haven't seen that one yet. :brokenheart: The first time it asked me to hold it I cracked up laughing. That was so cute.
  • Rolande55
    Rolande55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    BWahahaha! Thank God I'm not alone!:laugh: