Girls who lift

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Just because some of the gorgeous ladies who lift can lift more than you is no reason to hate. mmmkay?

Lift more than him? I think most of those gorgeous ladies could lift him period.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Just going to drop this nugget of awesome here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/424645-hot-women-with-muscles
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Just because some of the gorgeous ladies who lift can lift more than you is no reason to hate. mmmkay?

Lift more than him? I think most of those gorgeous ladies could lift him period.

For reps of 10!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    blech ....... EDIT and i wasn't trying to be funny like trail was I think her chest looks nasty

*LOL* That's so cute... You're like a 6'4" waif man calling someone else's body nasty. Best of luck and a couple noogies for good measure :flowerforyou:

can i kiss you?

B*tch Please!! You never need to ask! Just jump right on!! You know how I like it :blushing:
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Tell her to pick up a book called The New Rules of Lifting for Women; I think that would be a good place to start.

So very much that!!! Also tell her to stick through the book and MEASURE before she starts. I was a little let down that I gained 2 lbs but when I measured I realized that I was smaller.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

i :heart: u~!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Now i am just wondering what your favourite excursuses are?

Strong is the new skinny!

Favorite lifts?

Deadlifts (just because it's my biggest lift and those numbers make me go RAWR!!!!)
    Squats
    Bench Presses
    Dumbbell Overhead Presses (Can out lift the husband on these ones *does the cabbage patch*)
    Bent over rows
    Farmer Walks are pretty awesome
    Bridges (bodyweight exercise, but feels good, especially after deadlifts and/or rows)
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options

That would be so fun. Dead lift a hater hating. I'm in!

To the OP I love all the compound lifts. Stronglifts is what I am doing now I started with New Rules. Up to Squatting 200 and DL 165. Love my new stronger body.

:heart: Sass
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    girls who lift are awesome. end of story.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

That would be so fun. Dead lift a hater hating. I'm in!

To the OP I love all the compound lifts. Stronglifts is what I am doing now I started with New Rules. Up to Squatting 200 and DL 165. Love my new stronger body.

:heart: Sass

:)
    Having a strong body makes you feel great! At first I just wanted to lose weight, now I dont care about the weight! Being strong is awesome!!!
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic response aside from the odd pip-squeak chirping up. I am over the moon with all the advice and information i have been given.

I will definetly purchase the new rules of lifting for women book for her as she loves reading too!

Also, to all the girls who are doing the big compound moves like Squats and deads i applaud you, a lot of men in my gym don't even do them. ITs refreshing to hear

Thanks again
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting for about a year, my progression was like this:
    Sexy Female workout on TNation: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/sexy_female_training
    Then I did 30 Day Shred (not exactly lifting...)
    Then I did the Jamie Eason Livefit Trainer: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html
    It's 12 weeks, free and has a lot of great information, but I didn't see great results. I have a hard time building enough muscle, so I got Starting Strength, the Mark Rippetoe 3x5 program but then I switched to Stronglifts, which is similar, but a 5x5 program and only three days per week.
    All of them are free workouts. Bodybuilding.com has several that your girlfriend might like-
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/train-like-a-man-look-like-a-goddess.html
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic response aside from the odd pip-squeak chirping up. I am over the moon with all the advice and information i have been given.

I will definetly purchase the new rules of lifting for women book for her as she loves reading too!

Also, to all the girls who are doing the big compound moves like Squats and deads i applaud you, a lot of men in my gym don't even do them. ITs refreshing to hear

Thanks again

Thanks!

I'm 125 lbs
    I squat 160!
    DL 130
    BP 85

It is amazing. If she ever wants to talk to someone about girls lifting, girly girls like me, who like to wear heels and do pin up photo shoots, you can always have her hit me up here on MFP!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Tell her to pick up a book called The New Rules of Lifting for Women; I think that would be a good place to start.

Mine has just arrived today :) looking to get stuck into some lifting
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    nm_woman_weight_lifter_090128_main.jpg

She's a fitness model. Not many casual weight lifters will end up looking like her. She's probably done several bulk/cut cycles, been lifting for years and maybe even engaged in some light steroid us. Most women who lift are going to simply look like fit women with muscle definition.

At the risk of looking conceited, I'll use myself as an example:
    IMAG0992-1.jpg
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I started with New Rules and am now doing Stronglifts...both are great programs!!
    My fave lifts to do are deads and inverted body rows but I also do everything in between!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    fatboypup, don't be intimidated man. I'm sure she would tone it down if she knew you were next.
    iStock_000012619443XSmall.jpg
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    They have lots of great free work outs and advice on bodybuilding.com.....I like Jamie Eason's live fit program as well as her fiance's (Kris Gethin's Hardcore Trainer). I also like the 5x5 programs (like strong lifts) out there focusing on compound moves (dead lifts, squats, rows, bench, etc instead of tons of isolated lifts).....lifting heavy is the way to go IMO. You don't have to be in the weight room for hours to get results with compound moves.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    nm_woman_weight_lifter_090128_main.jpg

She's a fitness model. Not many casual weight lifters will end up looking like her. She's probably done several bulk/cut cycles, been lifting for years and maybe even engaged in some light steroid us. Most women who lift are going to simply look like fit women with muscle definition.

At the risk of looking conceited, I'll use myself as an example:
    IMAG0992-1.jpg

you look great you still have curves
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    girls cant get bulky very easily. O:
    i have been lifting more and more lately with greater and greater weights and i've barely put on any size.
    i am stronger though. :D i think it really tightens up the body, helps tone up everything.
    its good stuff.
    plus its more fun than cardio.
    *hates cardio*