Pasta Alternative PLEASE!!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Have you seen what 2 ozs dry looks like when cooked? It's actually a lot seeing it swells after it's done. I like pasta too and so I used to trick myself into thinking I had more, but cooking it past "al dente" and allowing the water to cause it to swell it little more.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Pasta is one of my favorites, and I'm still trying to figure out ways to incorporate it into my diet. I've just been weighing the servings like I do everything else, or trying recipes with built in portion control like pastas baked in muffin pans.
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    spaghetti squash or white beans (navy I think) omg YUM!!

ALSO, dreamfields pasta is good, 5 net carbs per serving

Dreamfields pasta is REALLY good and not nearly as bad as regular pasta. It's quinoa based, I think. We use it all the time.
  • denisem0316
    denisem0316 Posts: 16
    Options
    Agree completely Just tried Spaghetti squash a few weeks ago and I prefer it over pasta now. It is filling and great on it's own flavored with garlic and other spices of your choice and with sauces of all sorts!!!
  • kateblue72
    kateblue72 Posts: 113
    Options
    Have been 'peeling' zucchini with a carrot peeler, and then a short zap in the microwave, add my favourite homemade sauces and it's great ... almost like the real thing. But I am with t few of the people above - you can always save the real stuff for a treat ... once a month or so. We aren't dieting .... just making a lifetyle choice. Good luck!
  • Mynt27
    Mynt27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta is good..I actually prefer it to normal pasta... (:
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I get the Al Dente brand called Carba Nada. It is 140 cals and about 18 carbs per 2 oz. Still a lot but it is pasta and I'm not a big fan of alternatives that are nothing like pasta.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Have you tried Quinoa?