What are the biggest calorie items in your diary?

Options

Replies

• Krystal7786
    Krystal7786 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My recent recurring high cal food is dairy product IE cheese and milk, they are good for you right??? why are the calories so high :(
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats...nuts, coconut oil, avocados. Especially that one little serving off nuts.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I cant give up my cold cereal!!! And Milk. I switched to 1% but I usually eat a big bowl of cereal. Thats at least 320 cals just for the cereal.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Beer, Wine, Margaritas.

I've been doing without on most days, because I just can't justify the empty calories to myself.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    pecans.
    but i love the fats.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Magnum ice cream
  • scoutit
    scoutit Posts: 36
    Options
    I forgot to order no dressing on my Southwest salad wrap at Togos this week. Turned 340 calories into 700+
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Today my biggest opps is the ranch dressing on my subway 6inch.
    I really should have skipped it, but at least now i know for next time.
    Was like 200 calories and 18 g of fat for 1TBSP..... dam!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Every so often, we go out for homemade ice cream. A waffle cone, dipped in chocolate with one scoop of cherry wowza ice cream is about 600 calories. And worth every single one of them. :heart:
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Nuts. 1 oz isn't very many but for almost 400 calories 2 servings is way too much for my daily intake.

If you like dark chocolate I recomend these

Emerald - Cocoa Roast Almonds Dark Chocolate Flavor

1/4 (which is about 26 almonds) is 150 calories and they are delicious.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    For me it's Mc Donald's french fries and chicken wings...

If I have the fries I have to have a salad or snack wrap with it to offset the insanity..

Now the chicken wings... I have those, fries and bleu cheese dressing.. and I LOVE them.

But instead of once a week or every other week it's now maybe once a month.

Oh how could I forget hamburgers... I tried veggie burgers and a black bean burger but it's not the same thing... at all.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Today it would have been a piece of this ricotta, raspberry and white chocolate cake/pie I had after I had cycled quite a bit for a day out, I don't usually have lunch at all, but I had eggs on toast as well. The cake was amazing, but no idea the calorie count as it was a traditional sort of tearoom/cafe in the New Forest.

Usually my highest calorie count comes from my daily treat or from my greek yoghurt dessert which is fage 0% greek yoghurt, tbsp low sugar jam, pb2 or milled flax and some mixed seeds all mixed up. I have it every night.
  • AussieRachG
    AussieRachG Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    protein, alcohol and desserts!

If I'm in control of the cooking, it's the protein and alcohol that add up as I have a savoury tooth - but when I am being hosted by someone else, I find they make huge desserts - so whilst I've filled up on my preferred protein, I still feel required to have the dessert :-(
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    Today it was a big ole plate of nummy Southern food from a local bbq place. I really, really have an addiction to pulled pork. I cycled my little heart out this evening to work it off!

Other days, it's mostly french fries and sweets. But mostly french fries. I can't live without them. D:
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    nuts, avocados, cheeses, and chocolates... of course
  • poulingail
    poulingail Posts: 110
    Options
    My favorites these days are flavored almonds, kettle potato chips, and cereal. Even my protein drink has extra powder in it. What's with that? Why do I over do it? Next batch will be limited and maybe more ice than usual.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hands down - granola. I have it every other day for breakfast with plain Greek yogurt and blueberries and raspberries. My go-to is Bakery On Main gluten-free Cranberry Pecan....300 cals for 3/4 cup. Isn't that what ice cream is???? Oh well, it's really good granola.
  • sapienti
    sapienti Posts: 17
    Options
    today i just reallized that a nature valley brand granola bar is alot higher than i though it was
  • nlhill79
    nlhill79 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mine is sweet tea. Oh, jeez. One sweet tea is nearly 400 calories!! For. a. drink. ... made. with. water!! Oh, how will I ever overcome that?! It is my weakness. :(
  • diabolotry
    diabolotry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Protein. I have at least 100g/day. Every meal is focused around what protein I intend on consuming. Tonight I had a seafood pasta dish at a restaurant. I wasn't entirely sure how much of the pasta I actually ate (four or five forkfulls, not sure how much that *actually* equated to, but I erred on the heavy side) but my estimate made it the one time all week my carb intake outweighed the protein intake of the same meal in terms of calories.

edit: I've seen a few people say "coffee creamer", but my half-and-half is one of the lowest calorie hits in my diet. How much cream are you putting in your coffee?! I use 1-3tbsps and at MOST it's 59 calories. If I can't make room for 60 calories in my diet someone should shoot me, because I'm better off dead.