Am i the only one it pisses off

Options

Replies

• Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I go to the gym almost daily and I can't stand to see people doing that. I wish I could ring a bell or something and say times up, there are people waiting who actually need to be on this machine. LOL
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i was stretching on the mats the other day and i watched this grown man (30ish) do about 30 reps of 60 lbs on the leg sled while reading his kindle. GO HOME AND READ YOUR DAMN BOOK! we're here to work out.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this! I belonged to a very small gym a couple of years ago and there were only 6 treadmills...total....so it was so difficult to ever get to use one of them! This one time, there was a lady on one going at probably the slowest speed it could go...drinking a strawberry Mcdonalds milkshake. REALLY!?!?!

Very aggrivating when you want to work out hard, and they are messing around.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I love when people curl in the squat rack!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    these people suck. you can have an injury or arthritis and still manage to be considerate in the gym. maybe those people should understand that since their fitness level is lower, they need to be considerate to those who are healthier. i'm seeing a lot of reverse logic, for a 10k do they line the walkers up at the front? no!!! the fast elite runners go to the front, and the slow people take their place int he back. people need to learn to fall in line and they are not special.

anyways, i agree with you!!!! my gym is 90% dudes that only lift and NEVER do cardio. they work out in groups of 2 or 3 and during their "rest" one of them just sits up the bench/machine so no one else can use it, even though they are just talking. These "rest chats" can last as long as 10 minutes. one time i asked if i could work in with two guys who were doing this (i could have finished my whole set during 1 rest) and they said NO!!! selfish *kitten*.i find this is so annoying, some of us have things to do and can spend three hours at the gym shooting the *kitten* with our buddies!

**** or get off the pot, go big or go home, whatever you want to say. just get out of the damn way and have respect for people with limited time!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Nah, its rants like this that piss me off. Why sound off on a forum when you can do it to the person's face.

Love this...and totally agree!!! She says it here on the forum...because the forum can't smackerndaface like the woman on the treadmill can..lolol
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the gym before I got pregnant with my son (just born in january). I walked on the treadmills, probably a lot slower than most people because my ankles are crappy and I hadn't built up to walking faster yet. And honestly at the time I just enjoyed walking more than running. I didn't like having to pay for it every month and wait for machines, ect... so now I just walk around the neighborhood or on the track at the park. Either way, they pay for a membership and there's no rules on how hard they have to work out in order to use a machine. Better than sitting on the couch texting and eating Cheetos lol
  • Prudiddy
    Options
    That is exactly how I took it I know you don't mean harm!
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    I totally understand. There is this guy at my gym that I want to shove his iPad up his @$$. He sits at different machines (shoulder press, for example) for long periods of time with his leg crossed (right ankle on left knee) with his iPad in his lap lifting 20lbs half-@$$ed while playing with his iPad. I understand reading while on some cardio machines (I don't do this, but understand), but while appearing to lift weights..., wtf!

I use my smart phone to track sets and reps...between sets. I'm sure it appears that I'm playing on my phone.

But even post surgery to have my right biceps reconnected to my forearm...you'd NEVER catch me doing anything with 20lbs lol, unless it was in my way =p.

LOL I do the same with my phone or note pad in between sets, but this guy is playing with his clearly playing on his iPad while lifting, not in between sets resting. I can't even say that he have muscles where I would be impressed with him lifting heavy weights with one arm, when he is not. :noway:
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    AS I STATED .. i think those who are there putting in effort fine... a litle effort or alot is fine..

the one who is on the machine talking on her cell phone.. for 20 MINUTES... AND HAVING THE MACHINE STOP WITH THE PEDAL FASTER COMMENT 6 TIMES FROM WHAT I SAW... that is rude to those who do want to work out..

jezzz i didnt paint it properly.. sorry didnt mean to get **** on, not like i go balls out either.. i just put effort into it \
  • Prudiddy
    Options
    So Freaking funny!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have osteo-arthritus in my knees and have problems every once awhile, and i can't go fast when I have these problems, sorry if I anoy you!!! :grumble:
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    when you go into the gym and the piece of equipment you want to use is being used half *kitten* by someone who seems to be there just because it is the cool thing to do... nothing makes me more crazy then the people who hope on a machine at lowest level and just go on there like they are doing a casual walk around the mall.... WORK OUT SWEAT GET GOING.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it makes me insane... some days i want to grab them and tell them get offffffffffffffffffffff or work out... this isnt part of your probation.. if you dont want to work out and dont want to be here.. go home..

rant over...

thank you

I get where your coming from, but have you thought maybe they are recovering from an injury or new to exercise? Why not offer help instead of immediately being annoyed.? Just a suggestion, I'm not being critical.
  • Prudiddy
    Options
    You don't have to defend yourself, you are entitled to your opinion. I did not take it in a harsh way.

Work out ! or get off!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    OK. So, the only people you think should be allowed in the gym are those who are already fit and can work out at a pace that you deem acceptable? And presumably even those people should have to leap aside and clear a path of free machines for you?

I was under the impression that anyone who paid for a gym membership was permitted to attend and use the facilities for their own purposes, within the rules of the gym, of course.

Sounds to me like you need to set up a gym at home if you want it for your exclusive use on your personal time frame.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I could be one of the people walking at a slower pace than you. I'm 57 years old and have had double knee replacements. One of my legs was broken during the knee replacement. Even tho my calorie burn may not be as much as yours, it's just as important to me. I figure I pay my YMCA membership like everyone else and am entitled to use the machines for the time allowed. So I would gladly change my 2 bum knees for your good ones any day.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    when you go into the gym and the piece of equipment you want to use is being used half *kitten* by someone who seems to be there just because it is the cool thing to do... nothing makes me more crazy then the people who hope on a machine at lowest level and just go on there like they are doing a casual walk around the mall.... WORK OUT SWEAT GET GOING.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it makes me insane... some days i want to grab them and tell them get offffffffffffffffffffff or work out... this isnt part of your probation.. if you dont want to work out and dont want to be here.. go home..

rant over...

thank you

They pay money to be there same as you
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    these people suck. you can have an injury or arthritis and still manage to be considerate in the gym. maybe those people should understand that since their fitness level is lower, they need to be considerate to those who are healthier. i'm seeing a lot of reverse logic, for a 10k do they line the walkers up at the front? no!!! the fast elite runners go to the front, and the slow people take their place int he back. people need to learn to fall in line and they are not special.

Pray tell what is proper etiquette for someone with an injury or arthritis? Should I hop off the machine the minute I see someone fit walk in so I'm not wasting their time?

The OP was asked if she was near completion- she could have said no. Being upset with how the person uses their time when you've relinquished the machine is silly.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Nah, its rants like this that piss me off. Why sound off on a forum when you can do it to the person's face.

because that is what a forum is for.. you dont like it dont read it..

And that's what a gym is for.....to work out. Whether it's a light workout, or a sweaty, stinkin, hot workout that makes you grunt and curse. Everyone is there basically for the same reason.....if YOU don't like it...buy your own damnn equipment and workout at home.

And while you're at it....
    Don't go to grocery stores..someone might ram into your cart.
    Don't go to restaurants..someone might pi$s on your food.
    Don't go to the park..a bird might $h!t on your head....

Or not :-)
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Wow, it seems like some of you don't take into consideration that some people may not be as fit as you and able to do the more strenuous workouts that you do. You should be careful about judging people before you know the circumstances. I say good for them for trying. They have every right to use the machines as you do and just because they can't work out at the same level, they shouldn't be denied the right.