What was your wake up call?

Also, do you know your previous and or current numbers for your cholesterol, blood glucose readings etc? And what is your age if you don't mind? Thanks :)

Replies

• kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    I worked at a hospital clinic and I was registering this lady and she randomly asked "boy or girl?" and i was totally confused for a second and then I realized she was asking me what I was having... even though I wasn't pregnant :explode:
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    the scale kept going up, the gross cellulite on my butt and thighs, my bloated tummy.... and i have my cholesterol checked but i dont know the numbers all i know is that i was good.
  • Lentz16
    Lentz16 Posts: 26
    I'm almost the same weight as my husband. wahhhhh!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    My boyfriend more or less offered to use pliers to get the zipper on my dress up on New Year's Eve...it wasn't happening. Sniffle. No idea about my cholesterol and blood glucose #s are...I'm 31 years young :)
  • krazykristen123
    krazykristen123 Posts: 103 Member
    Was tired of feeling like crap,
    wanted to go shopping and actually
    get good clothes! And was tired of people
    Laughing at me at school :/
    Idk my numbers but I'm 17
  • My entire life fell apart and my weight was one thing I could control.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Stroke level blood pressure.
    Sedentary lifestyle so much so that I was SORE from being inactive!
    Realizing I couldn't see my feet. :(
  • jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    I'm almost the same weight as my husband. wahhhhh!

This. Totally this.
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    When I finally admitted to my 13yr old daughter that mommy has an eating disorder cause she question me on why I never eat dinner with them. I have not sat down to eat dinner in over a year at the dinner table. I faced up to the music that I'm a binge eater and I am trying to form a better relationship with food.
  • The picture that was taken at the Marine Corps Ball in November. I ordered a set of 25 and couldn't bring myself to even send one of the pictures to my mom.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 236 Member
    I woke up in the middle of the night from not being able to sleep yet again, felt fat, sluggish and general unhealthy not to mention all of the pictures. I weighed myself, took measurements and tried to go back to bed. In the morning I was DONE and on my way.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    - Emotional eating
    - Went off to college, stop playing sports and being very active, stopped eating healthy
    - Tons of pictures of me at my heaviest weight
    - When I realize I could not zip up my zipper of my super extra small college sweater I bought my freshman year. I cried, I have not wore it sense and I still have it as a motivation to be able to zip it up again. It fits my arms again just got to get it over my stomach and boobs!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Also, do you know your previous and or current numbers for your cholesterol, blood glucose readings etc? And what is your age if you don't mind? Thanks :)

My doctor using the word "obese" to describe me in my chart. That hurt. It was like, "OMG, I'm obese." Not just overweight, which is bad enough. I was OBESE.

My cholesterol is 119 and my blood glucose is 4. My resting BP is 100/60 and HR is 55. I'm 28 and female.

When I started, my cholesterol was 140 and my blood glucose was normal. Resting BP was 120/100 and HR was 80. I was 26.
  • ChelleChelle77
    ChelleChelle77 Posts: 31 Member
    Test results from the doctor. I have very high cholesterol, sleep apnea, and hypothyroidism. I'll be 35 in August. Just started MFP, SW 227, GW 125.
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    I am 20 and my wake up call was when my boyfriend (since the eighth grade) started talking to me about getting married in two years when we graduate! :love: and i decided i did not want to be ashamed and embarrassed of the pictures. so i am here and ready for a long journey! anybody feel free to add me! i am super supportive and addicted to MFP!
  • That awkward moment when I felt my back touch itself and my stomach folded over and became prone to sweat! EEW! I am 28 and currently @ 146 5'4" so its noticeable. When I started this I was 156 but fell off the wagon at some point... now I am back wiyh a vengeance so if you want tips and encouragement feel free to add me!
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    I worked at a hospital clinic and I was registering this lady and she randomly asked "boy or girl?" and i was totally confused for a second and then I realized she was asking me what I was having... even though I wasn't pregnant :explode:

Wait, you only weigh 136 and she asked you that.???????
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    A friend called me fat.

That was September of 2010.

He was right.
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    I struggled with anorexia and then binge eating. I had gained so much weight I refused to take my pea coat off in the dead of georgi summers by I didn't want anyone to see how large I'd gotten.

That and I literally could no longer the insane grocery bill to support my binges
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    My dad and brother (on dad's side) started making fat comments.
    Also, sitting in front of my closet to cry because I couldn't wear any of my clothes anymore.