BURN what you eat!

Options

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You know that your body stores energy in multiple ways, right?
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Your body does not care whether you eat your calories in the hours before your workout, or in the hours after your workout. It only cares that you consistantly eat enough to fuel the workout.

If I add gas to my car on a regular basis, I won't run out of gas.

If I add fuel to my body on a regular basis, I won't run out of fuel.
    That's why we have "storage".

storage is fat , and your body doesnt burn fat very well during high intensity workouts
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    This CANNOT be a serious post.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options
    i know you can argue the fact that your burning fat but truthfully fat doesnt break down that fast, and most likely your body willl in turn burn less calories to protect itself
    If our bodies had the option of using fewer calories to accomplish the same activity, that's what they would do. This makes no sense from an evolutionary point of view. Or a scientific one. Your body can't decide it needs less fuel to operate, anymore than your car could make that choice.
    its going to use your muscle and u will get fatigued or run low on sugar and pass out eventually

The human body is constantly burning a combination of macros for fuel. It is never burning only fat or only muscle.

it burns a mix of what it needs , correct , but you need to eat properly before you workout and need to eat according to what you will be doing.
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    Your body does not care whether you eat your calories in the hours before your workout, or in the hours after your workout. It only cares that you consistantly eat enough to fuel the workout.

storage is fat , and your body doesnt burn fat very well during high intensity workouts

What about stored glycogen, both in the muscle and in the liver?
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Even *I* know this is inaccurate.
  • jazzrose007
    jazzrose007 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What?? This make no sense. I have lost 50 plus pounds and gained muscle by working out at 5am in the morning. I don't think your body cares at WHEN you exercise, what matters most IS exercising.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options
    This is interesting and makes a lot of sense, but what about those people who work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (as I did today and do many days?) I can't possibly eat before I go to the gym at 5:00am.

what you can do is have some juice for fast energy . or a piece of fruit
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

I suggest you do some reading and research on how fat oxidation, transport and mobilization really works.
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    By this logic, if I don't eat, then I don't really burn any calories, so I don't need to eat...

^^Holy crap, we just solved world hunger!!!!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i know you can argue the fact that your burning fat but truthfully fat doesnt break down that fast, and most likely your body willl in turn burn less calories to protect itself
    If our bodies had the option of using fewer calories to accomplish the same activity, that's what they would do. This makes no sense from an evolutionary point of view. Or a scientific one. Your body can't decide it needs less fuel to operate, anymore than your car could make that choice.
    its going to use your muscle and u will get fatigued or run low on sugar and pass out eventually

The human body is constantly burning a combination of macros for fuel. It is never burning only fat or only muscle.

it burns a mix of what it needs , correct , but you need to eat properly before you workout and need to eat according to what you will be doing.

walk away now--say it was a joke and MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, you can save some face.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

So you mean to say that if I want to run a marathon, I can build a mega glycogen reserve, above and beyond what the human body is capable of, simply by eating a grip of carbs?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You should read some scientifically bases articles. Information is a good thing
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    This is interesting and makes a lot of sense, but what about those people who work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (as I did today and do many days?) I can't possibly eat before I go to the gym at 5:00am.

what you can do is have some juice for fast energy . or a piece of fruit

precisely--starvation even simply cannot cause fat loss if you're working out. your body won't burn calories, right?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    By this logic, if I don't eat, then I don't really burn any calories, so I don't need to eat...

Your Nobel prize is in the mail
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

That's why there are so many 300 pound anorexics.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options
    I am not saying to go over in your calories , what i am saying is eat your carbs and your fast fuel before your workouts.
    once you run low on fuel you will get fatigued and tired and your workouts will suffer.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump
  • starrynightskys
    starrynightskys Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Maybe the OP just means have a filling/ healthy meal a hour or 2 before working out if possible. Surely that is sensible information?
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options

That's why there are so many 300 pound anorexics.
    this is why there is starvation mode