BURN what you eat!

Options

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    So you really think that the food you JUST ingested is what fuels your workout? Like it immediately goes from your mouth to your muscles? Interesting.

You don't think you could have calories (also known as potential energy) already in your body that you can use as fuel and then replace that fuel with food which will turn into fuel at any reasonable time around a work out?

If so, when you wake up in the morning, and you do all that you do before eat anything (shower, *kitten*, shave), what is fueling that?
    i never said immediatly , but your blood sugar will rise in a very short time if you have sweets or juice , i wouldnt suggest eating and working out immediatly afterwards. you would probably cramp or get sick. your body has limited glucose stores from your previous meals and if your workouts are intense you will burn them up fast

All i see is backpeddling here. You have lost ANY and ALL credibility. Please stop now. You've completely abandoned your initial post, smart man but don't think we didn't notice.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    ok trolls are way off point and concept
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

What is the source of your advice, please?
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    I watched a video,by a nutrient Doctor that was suggested on this sight about sugar in processed food(high frutose sugar) and how it is poison to your body.. anyway during his lecture, he broke down how your body rids of these sugars including the sugars in alcohol and other foods. he said if you ate a big Mac it would take 10 hours of mountain biking to actually"burn" it off,that is was the silliest thing he ever heard if you think you can burn off what you eat, that its impossible. He, insited that excersise is done for stronger bones and muscles and it DOES open your metabolisim (through your liver) by creating hormones that will basically rid or hinder any future food intake,however the sugar burns first,then the fat. This hormone then works on the exsisting fat ,hence why we need to watch the caloric intake. kinda made sense. I used to say oops I ate a doughnut, now I have to excerise it off.I use the eliptical and I too do not think that the amount of calories it says is always true,given the statement the doctor said about the Big Mac. He suggested that excersing BEFORE you eat prepares your body to rid of any new caloric intake. I think I might have the video still on my facebook wall,If I can find it I will try to post it here.:wink:
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options

http://www.livestrong.com/article/392565-what-happens-to-blood-sugar-levels-during-exercise/
  • helencita13
    helencita13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    great! ok! hi! you suck or you are awesome! lol :wink:

18580408.png
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options
    Starvation and Exercise
    Exercise requires energy, and when you are starving and malnourished your body shuts down to reserve energy and calories and you may be unable to maintain your exercise routine. In addition, if you don't replace the energy you use during exercise, you are likely to feel tired, irritable and unmotivated. The solution to extreme fatigue caused by starvation is to eat lots of energy boosting complex carbohydrates like whole-wheat crackers and oatmeal, a small amount of fat and a moderate amount of protein. This diet will provide you with more energy for exercise and actually increase your metabolism.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/486962-exercise-starvation/#ixzz1vhzQhidT
  • lkcuts
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&ob=av3e

I thnk you can see the doctors video by this link. I ts called sugar.. the bitter truth. It takes about 45 mins to watch but it is very insiteful on caloried and how our bodies process them.:wink:
    Options

http://www.livestrong.com/article/392565-what-happens-to-blood-sugar-levels-during-exercise/

that article is written by a nobody but even still it absolutely refutes your point...quote:

"What Happens to Blood Sugar Levels During Exercise? Photo Credit Jupiterimages/liquidlibrary/Getty Images

Muscles hold enough energy for a 30-second burst of activity. After that, they depend on increased blood supply to deliver oxygen and blood sugar to manufacture more energy. Your body burns the sugar in your blood, and then calls for your liver to supply stored glucose to keep up with energy demands. This causes fluctuations in your blood sugar when you exercise.
    Blood Supply

As you warm up, your muscles start to call for supplies to manufacture energy. Glucose carried in your blood and delivered to the muscles is an energy supply. This helps balance high blood sugar and provide fuel at the same time. As blood flow to your muscles increases, the glucose supplies increase as well. Your muscle cells send signals to start burning glucose, and more of it is delivered to the cells. This lowers your blood sugar levels.
    Tired of shots? Try Insulin Pump Therapy With No Tubing. Get Your Demo Kit Today! www.MyOmniPod.com
    Sponsored Links
    Stored Sugars

Sugars from the foods you eat are stored in your liver. When your body requires more sugar than is available in your blood, it starts to convert stored sugars to a usable form called glycogen. Blood sugar levels in your blood increase as glycogen releases into your bloodstream. When glycogen is the fuel for your muscles, your blood sugar fluctuates.
    Elevated Blood Sugar

If your blood sugar is high when you begin to exercise, it can climb higher. This is because your body does not recognize the glucose in your blood, and calls for your liver to release more glycogen. The activity of insulin in your body is low, and it is not regulating the sugar. If your blood sugar is high before exercise, you should wait until it is within normal range before you exercise, according to Johns Hopkins Medicine."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/392565-what-happens-to-blood-sugar-levels-during-exercise/#ixzz1vhzbPcQZ

It states you use glycogen in the absence of an adequate amount of sugar (glucose) in your blood stream to fuel your workout. I think you are highly confused and should do some more research before posting topics like this one.
    Options
    Starvation and Exercise
    Exercise requires energy, and when you are starving and malnourished your body shuts down to reserve energy and calories and you may be unable to maintain your exercise routine. In addition, if you don't replace the energy you use during exercise, you are likely to feel tired, irritable and unmotivated. The solution to extreme fatigue caused by starvation is to eat lots of energy boosting complex carbohydrates like whole-wheat crackers and oatmeal, a small amount of fat and a moderate amount of protein. This diet will provide you with more energy for exercise and actually increase your metabolism.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/486962-exercise-starvation/#ixzz1vhzQhidT

keyword is "REPLACE energy used during exercise" not eating in advance of the workout or else risking lesser calorie expenditure.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Starvation and Exercise

You become malnourished over a long period of time. I don't see where it states you have to eat right before working out or you won't burn any calories. I think either you don't understand what the article is saying or you are a poor communicator or both.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options
    I watched a video,by a nutrient Doctor that was suggested on this sight about sugar in processed food(high frutose sugar) and how it is poison to your body.. anyway during his lecture, he broke down how your body rids of these sugars including the sugars in alcohol and other foods. he said if you ate a big Mac it would take 10 hours of mountain biking to actually"burn" it off,that is was the silliest thing he ever heard if you think you can burn off what you eat, that its impossible. He, insited that excersise is done for stronger bones and muscles and it DOES open your metabolisim (through your liver) by creating hormones that will basically rid or hinder any future food intake,however the sugar burns first,then the fat. This hormone then works on the exsisting fat ,hence why we need to watch the caloric intake. kinda made sense. I used to say oops I ate a doughnut, now I have to excerise it off.I use the eliptical and I too do not think that the amount of calories it says is always true,given the statement the doctor said about the Big Mac. He suggested that excersing BEFORE you eat prepares your body to rid of any new caloric intake. I think I might have the video still on my facebook wall,If I can find it I will try to post it here.:wink:
    i wouldnt suggest a big mac or hfc meals , just a meal higher in carbs before you work out.. this way you have the energy to workout and get a great workout which will help burn additional calories
    Options
    i wouldnt suggest a big mac or hfc meals , just a meal higher in carbs before you work out.. this way you have the energy to workout and get a great workout which will help burn additional calories

so which parts of your initial post DO YOU still AGREE WITH?
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Starvation and Exercise

There is a BIG difference between "starving" and only eating 250 calories for breakfast and working out. I seriously think you are confusing starving and hungry. Totally totally different.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP: are you just making this *kitten* up as you go along? Cause thats what it looks like to me and most other folks!
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am up at 3am, so I don't eat anything before I workout, so all of my calories are consumed later.
  • lkcuts
    Options
    I was just giving some info I watched on calorie burning..Some people do eat a little something before they excersise.If that works for you than its good. The doctor in this video suggests doing it on an empty stomach to ready your body for calories...just a different insight. I do agree that the 1200 calories your machine says you used may not be factual only estimated. I am not sure how many hours you would have to actually work out to lose that. The Big mac was just an example of how long it takes to burn off food..I think a big mac has like 1000 calories so he said it would take 10 hours of trenious work out to lose those calories. A breakfast of 250 calories I don't know. However, the continous excersising keeps the hormones flowing that rids your body of calories hence the metabolism goes up and continues to work it off. On the next few posts I put the site that has the video if you are interested.
  • lkcuts
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&ob=av3e

This is the link that tells you haow your body burns calories its about 45 mins to watch but I found it very educating.
    Options

enough already--you have lots of replies to address before you try to assert yourself by finding bogus studies to back up a completely ridiculous post.