Disappointing foods?

Options
ZoeLifts
ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
I was super excited to try this Peanut Butter & Company dark chocolate mixed with peanut butter, it looked so delicious and what could be wrong with dark chocolate and peanut butter, right? Here I am, set to eat a delicious treat with my apple and, frankly, it was absolutely disgusting. It basically tastes like I am chewing on cardboard and the aftertaste just lingers!! What a disappointment!!

With that in mind, any of the rest of you look forward to a snack or product gleefully, only to find out that it was a bust? Let us spread the word!!

*To interject a disclaimer, I understand that people's tastes are different and may not agree with the assessment I gave. Just want to put that out there!! :drinker:

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Almond butter. I love peanut butter and love almonds, so almond butter sounded like something I would love. But no, it's not horrible but peanut butter is so much better and less expensive. I gave the jar away and just stick to unground almonds now.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sorry you didn't enjoy that peanut butter. It's one of my favorites. Makes the best cookies. And the restaurant in nyc is so fun. I enjoy all their products.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Almond butter. I love peanut butter and love almonds, so almond butter sounded like something I would love. But no, it's not horrible but peanut butter is so much better and less expensive. I gave the jar away and just stick to unground almonds now.

This, I was really disappointed with the almond butter. I did use it in a protein ball/bar mixture the other day and they turned out really well. I'll use it for that again in the future, but just straight with apples or carrots, egh.
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    I tried the white chocolate version and had the same thoughts, its loaded with sugar and the after taste lingered a long time
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I noticed when I first started eating healthy-clean- that my taste changed drastically and what I craved before was null. Sometimes its an aquired taste. BUT there is alot of yuk out there. It sound like yuk to me, seeing that before or now I was never a chocolate girl anyways-ever. lol
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options

I agree. Almond butter is gross to me. It tastes like oil and the dark park of the almond that get caught in your teeth. Not a fan.
  • sugar_cube
    sugar_cube Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    vegan hotdogs. omgosh no.:sick: I did not like them all, they made me want to cry when i ate them. The taste stayed with me way to long too. I had been wanting a hotdog so bad at the time and reviews said they were really good. Lies, all lies.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention Peanut Butter... I bought Jiff Natural with Honey. Oh-Ma-Gawd horrible. It was gritty (took a lot of stirring upon opening) and the taste was disgusting. I was so disappointed.

Another one for me is Greek Yogurt. People on MFP praise the almighty Greek Yogurt. For me, I cannot even choke it down. It is aweful. Regular yogurt I really enjoy. Not sure what my deal is. Hmm.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    BLEH I've tried that before it was horrid.
    It didn't even taste like chocolate at all =[
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Frozen Quorn sausages. Everything about them is horrible - texture, taste, the way they sit in my stomach in a big lump. The remaining ones are lurking at the back of my freezer and will probably end up in the bin. Would rather have one lovely big proper juicy sausage than three of these.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    That would not be good on an apple. It's very good on its own, with a banana or in a smoothie. But I love the stuff and would NOT eat it with an apple.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Another one for me is Greek Yogurt. People on MFP praise the almighty Greek Yogurt. For me, I cannot even choke it down. It is aweful. Regular yogurt I really enjoy. Not sure what my deal is. Hmm.

You just haven't learned the tricks to doctor it up yet!

Here's one that combines the original topic and your comment:
    1 container fage 0% greek yogurt, 1-2 tbsp PB2 (powdered peanut butter), 1 tsp cocoa powder or a little chocolate pudding mix, a few slices of banana ... and if you need crunch, add a few walnuts.

There are tons of things you can add to greek yogurt to make it divine :) Plain, I just use it in place of course cream.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention Peanut Butter... I bought Jiff Natural with Honey. Oh-Ma-Gawd horrible. It was gritty (took a lot of stirring upon opening) and the taste was disgusting. I was so disappointed.

Not all Greek yogurt tastes the same. Some brands are really gross, but there are some really good ones out there!

ETA for crappy spelling!
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    Chocolate Philadelphia cheese. To me it's like very low-grade chocolate and again, left a really nasty after taste and feel in my mouth.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Maccaroni cheese, I love pasta and I love cheese, together :noway:
  • LaurieInRose
    Options

Try different brands of the greek yogurt. The first one I tried I hated, but others are not bad. My fav - Dannon Oikos I either do the vanilla or the plain and add a bit of honey.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki Noodles - I didn't have any issues with a weird taste or smell like I've heard from some folks, but I just couldn't get over the texture. It was like chewing on overcooked squid.

Fast Food - every once in a while, I'll get a craving for some chicken from KFC or a burger. I make a point to fit it into my macros. But it NEVER lives up to my expectations and I just can't stand the taste of most fast food anymore.

Artic Ice - the super low-cal, high protein "ice cream" that I've heard raves about. Basically a frozen protein shake - and not a very good one. Weird texture, chalky taste. Ended up throwing about $40 worth of the stuff away because I couldn't stand it.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    PB2 with or without chocolate. So much hype, so bad. More sugar, less healthy fat than some good old natural peanut butter, and it just tastes like burnt chalk (probably). Give me Teddie All natural stored in the fridge to avoid oil separation any day. Yum.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    vegan hotdogs. omgosh no.:sick: I did not like them all, they made me want to cry when i ate them. The taste stayed with me way to long too. I had been wanting a hotdog so bad at the time and reviews said they were really good. Lies, all lies.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm vegan hotdogs nom nom nom
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Everything naughty I used to love and crave, is never that good anymore. Suppose that's a good thing and bad! My tastes have definitely changed! X