Disappointing foods?

Options

Replies

• Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt.......I know a lot of people love it........I cant stand it! I have tried several varieties and different flavors........I cant get more than a few bites in before it goes in the trash. I love regular yogurt.....

Shakeology...was really hoping I would like it, but, BLah!

On the flip side........I tried Almond milk and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP, I was having trouble getting enough protein. I kept hearing Greek Yogurt, Greek Yogurt. So I tried some. I couldnt stand it. The stuff is very sour, to me pretty much taste like I am eating sour cream. I will stick with my low fat yogurt. IT tastes way better.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki Noodles - I didn't have any issues with a weird taste or smell like I've heard from some folks, but I just couldn't get over the texture. It was like chewing on overcooked squid.

/\ /\ THIS! *bleck*
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    The one thing that stands out is Shiritaki Noodles. I'd heard so many people sing their praises, and have a bunch of recipes that use them in the Hungry Girl cookbooks. But holy crap.. I'd rather swear off pasta forever than be forced to eat those again. They're like fishy little worms of mush (oh, and I hate fish). I did all the "tricks", rinsed them & everything, and they were absolutely disgusting. I'll never recommend anyone waste money on that nastiness.

Also, I had a regular yogurt last week and had trouble choking it down with a grimace. I love Greek yogurt and have been eating exclusively that for a couple of years, and this stuff was so runny and sickeningly sweet. Terrible!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Everything naughty I used to love and crave, is never that good anymore. Suppose that's a good thing and bad! My tastes have definitely changed! X

Yes! I used to just LOVE Cinnabons and hadn't had one in years when I got stuck waiting around an airport for eight hours, so I decided to just have one to make my wait a little more enjoyable. It was AWFUL.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I made brownies with applesauce instead of oil. The texture was horrible. It was like chewing on a kitchen sponge dipped in chocolate. Ick! I will just stick to low fat brownie mix and limit myself to a little one with a scoop of really good vanilla ice cream next time.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    That would not be good on an apple. It's very good on its own, with a banana or in a smoothie. But I love the stuff and would NOT eat it with an apple.

I wondered if that might be the case too, so I just tried a taste of it alone, but NOPE!! Did not like!!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My biggest disappointment so far was Morningstar Farms Veggie Hot Dogs. I LOVE Morningstar Farms foods.
    Cooked up one of their "hot dogs". First bite was ok, then this HORRIBLE after taste that would not go away. So I tried adding saurkraut and made it through. Thought maybe it was the whole wheat/grain hot dog bun. I tried putting the dogs in campbell's pork and beans and the beans ended up tasting yuck just like the dogs. I kindly gave some away & now everyone makes fun of me over those so-called hot dogs. Absolutely disgusting!!!! Not one of four people I have talked to about them has been able to eat them!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Philadelphia cheese. To me it's like very low-grade chocolate and again, left a really nasty after taste and feel in my mouth.

I have not seen this, but it looks like something I would have been tempted to try!! Thanks for the warning!
  • Ian_McC
    Ian_McC Posts: 19
    Options
    Not exactly a food, but Monster Rehab Protean. Monster with added protein, what could go wrong?

It tasted like coconut water with a bottle of cheap perfume thrown in--wound up pouring it out a third of the way through the can.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I made brownies with applesauce instead of oil. The texture was horrible. It was like chewing on a kitchen sponge dipped in chocolate. Ick! I will just stick to low fat brownie mix and limit myself to a little one with a scoop of really good vanilla ice cream next time.

Ha! I fell for the Diet Coke Brownies "trick" once. Just terrible. I mean, unless you eat your brownies dipped in Coke?
  • linzijoy
    linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Philadelphia cheese. To me it's like very low-grade chocolate and again, left a really nasty after taste and feel in my mouth.

Oooh I LOVE Cadburys Philly!! It's like chocolate cheesecake!

There aren't really any foods I don't like!
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Ha! I fell for the Diet Coke Brownies "trick" once. Just terrible. I mean, unless you eat your brownies dipped in Coke?

GAG! That sounds awful!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    That would not be good on an apple. It's very good on its own, with a banana or in a smoothie. But I love the stuff and would NOT eat it with an apple.

I wondered if that might be the case too, so I just tried a taste of it alone, but NOPE!! Did not like!!

It definitely doesn't taste like you would expect. It has no added sugar, so you expect sweet and it's not. But it's OK if you don't like it. :-)

Honestly, I don't usually have an urge to eat a spoonful out of the jar. Regular PB is better for that. But I use the PB&Co. to sweeten my fruit smoothies up a bit and add some protein.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I don't like PB2. I know, egads! I heard so much about it, so I order plain and chocolate. I tried them plain, with fruit, on toast and even putting them in my protein shakes. Gah. They still sit in my cabinet after 3 months. They mock me actually. I reach in to grab my real PB and the PB2 looks at me with that slanted eye - I know you hate me - look. I just can't bring myself to throw them away.
  • sugar_cube
    sugar_cube Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ^^^ lol, i want to try PB2 but trader joe's peanut butter dissapointed me so i'm scared. It's probably better to stick with what i love (smucker's natural crunchy)
    vegan hotdogs. omgosh no.:sick: I did not like them all, they made me want to cry when i ate them. The taste stayed with me way to long too. I had been wanting a hotdog so bad at the time and reviews said they were really good. Lies, all lies.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm vegan hotdogs nom nom nom

my twin loves them. :noway: I'm like no. But he said i brought the wrong brand so maybe that's it. But I'll never find out because they are dead to me. Never again.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention Peanut Butter... I bought Jiff Natural with Honey. Oh-Ma-Gawd horrible. It was gritty (took a lot of stirring upon opening) and the taste was disgusting. I was so disappointed.

Another one for me is Greek Yogurt. People on MFP praise the almighty Greek Yogurt. For me, I cannot even choke it down. It is aweful. Regular yogurt I really enjoy. Not sure what my deal is. Hmm.

SUGAR!!!! thats the difference. I hate greek yogurt by itself too......I use it to bake.
  • jesscod
    jesscod Posts: 98
    Options
    I recently bought a box of mango cream bars - at only 60 calories a bar I thought I hit the jackpot! Turns out the bars are 1x2 inches each, and the cream is one half of the bar, mango the other half....it was a very strange combination of grit and cream - i couldn't even finish half of it! I was sooo disappointed.
  • tedeez
    tedeez Posts: 18
    Options
    Sweet potato fries... everyone raves about them, but just not for me!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Almond milk. I had to dump the glass. Blech.