Any women that are 5'4" & starting weight at 200lbs?

Options

Replies

• Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am a little bit shorter. I am only 5'1
    SW:201
    CW:173
    GW: 115-125
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    5"4

SW-240

CW- 147

GW- 135-140
  • Lucy1Green
    Lucy1Green Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Am 5'4" and started at 252. I have slowly lost 20 pounds, but slow has been by my choice, and I am pleased with the results. I have done it the fast way and ended up looking terrible with sagging skin and looked like I was sick. Fast also caused some health problems that were no fun, so I am doing it right this time - eating healthy, staying active, sticking with it. This is not just about weight loss but about new habits for the rest of my life.

If I can do it, so can you! Stick with it...... no matter what.

Motto - It isn't about what I do occasionally but what I do consistently. When I fall off the wagon, I will climb right back on and not look back.
  • Julie7741
    Julie7741 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4. Starting weight was 210 in January. I am currently at 164. I'd like to get below 150. But, I have to say 164 feels great!!!

More importantly, I have been taken off of two blood pressure medications and an insulin sensitizing medication.

Current BP (no meds) is 110/68. Resting heart rate- 58 beats per minute. Blood sugar is normal for now, though I have to have another A1C in October.

And I feel fantastic- energetic, strong, and healthy. Exercise is my best friend.
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    What did you do to lose that weight? What and was your diet and exercise routine like? I use to be 120 at 5'5 and now am 140 after having 3 kids. I was 120 before I got pregnant with each of them but cant seem to get the rest of the baby weight off from my last pregnancy 2 years ago. I had my last at 28 and it seems harder the older u get. I would love to be really fit like i use to be however struggle with back pain from 2 bad discs in my lower back. I can't handle high impact exercises which can be really good for endurance and quick weight loss as far as in the gym. I resort to the elliptical and circuit training when i can fit it in my schedule. Any good advice on keeping the craving for sugar for the monthly cycle away or at bay? I will eat really well and then binge around those times and it ruins what little progress i have made:(

Thanks,
    gingersnapx00
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'2" and I started at 238.6 at the end of March this year, and have lost 37lb and 83" so far.
  • namari
    namari Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and while its still in progress my stats so far
    SW :233
    CW:200
    GW: 132
    at this stage mostly i have just changed what i eat and started going to the gym 2-3 times a week to get a little activity in my life :)
  • Julie7741
    Julie7741 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Gingersnap-

I can't deal with high impact stuff either- Tried running and my knees and ankles just aren't happy. I played soccer in college and I think I did them in!

1. I log everything I put in my mouth.
    2. I try to exercise 6 days a week. I do 30-90 minutes of cardio- depending on how much time I have.

On a bad or very busy day, I might just get in 30 minutes on my elliptical. On a good day, I will ride my bike 20 miles or more. I LOVE my bike. It has taken the place of running for me. I lost weight during the winter just doing the elliptical, but I think the bike has really toned me up. I haven't lost as much this summer, it has slowed down a lot. I've only lost 7 lbs since May, but I think I've put some serious muscle on my legs. I am wearing smaller pants at 164 than I wore at 150.

Once it gets cold outside, I'm going to try to incorporate some weights a few nights a week if I can.
    I found that once I really got going with the exercise it began to feel good. Now, I can't imagine my life without it. It's hard with little ones around. My kids are elementary aged, which is a little better, but they have activities and things.

I had some health scares with the blood pressure and pre-diabetes. Decided that if I didn't make my health a priority, I wouldn't be here for my kids and grandkids, and great grandkids :)
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Weight: 5'4" 3/4ths
    SW: 194
    CW: 194
    GW: 130
  • musenik26
    Options
    I was 229 and had to get help from doctor to boost my metabolism and increase my energy. It helped me to curb my appetite too. I would eat anything that was in sight. So down 30 pounds since February. Now I am ready to start working out & get my body in check.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    5'3.5", my start weight was somewhere around 250-260 in May 2010. I'm now at 188 pounds. It's slower than I'd like (I thought I'd be down to 150 and maintaining by now) but it's definitely worth it. :)
  • Emmetkelly
    Emmetkelly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4"
    SW: 231 lbs
    CW: 178 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs
  • SDMS
    SDMS Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Such great results! For those of you who have just started, joining MFP is a great step.

I started this topic on May 23, 2012. I was at 186 on that day. As of today, I am at 165. My goal is 160, however I would love to be 150-155. But 165 right now, feels wonderful!

Everyone loves compliments, but weird thing...only one of my friends has said anything about my change. Hmmmm, wonder why other people haven't said squat.

Anyhow....Thanks for all the motivation ladies!
  • chatter46
    chatter46 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How do you get your progress to show up at the bottom of your post?
    And I'm 5'4.5"
    SW 220.0
    CW 209.5
    GW 170, then we'll redo it!
    and holy cow there a lot of people losing weight!!
  • devon0324
    devon0324 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    IM 5'4 and Im doing Turbo fire & weights

SW:235
    CW:199
    GW:150-140
  • Natareeree
    Options
    currently 5'4" and 223lbs ... not for long, right? ;)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm not a success yet, but I'm 5'2 and my starting weight was 228
  • cmack01
    cmack01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Iam 5'2" and started at 198 lbs. I have only lost 11 pounds. Got to keep at it though!!!
  • rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3"

SW 242

CW 221

GW 145-ish... subject to change, but somewhere in there... with ultimate goal to be less than 150 but TONED and that's why I say subject to change... if I can be leaner and toned... great :-) 150 will be the top of the weight goal though.

Long ways to go... but given the number of posts in this thread... we are certainly not alone :-)

Those farther along are VERY inspiring so thank you!
  • jmeza408
    jmeza408 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm 5'4
    Sw: 215 in Dec 2011
    Cw:143
    Gw 125-130
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!