What are you drinking when everything is bad for you?

Options

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Water, tea, and chocolate milk.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    And Polar Seltzer water...yum.
  • Jenn1511
    Jenn1511 Posts: 1
    Options
    I drink water with different fruits in it. For example, I'll add Strawberries, Blueberries, Oranges, and so on. It taste like flavored water and is refreshing :0)
  • EuphonyChloeH
    EuphonyChloeH Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mostly just water lately, but I love iced tea too. I usually don't sweeten mine, but just a little bit of sweetener will do the trick. Also, I do drink juice sometimes, but I fill my glass with 1 part juice and 1 part water. It will taste funny at first but then you get used to watering it down - it cuts the calories and sugar in half while still getting the taste from the juice :)
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I still drink Diet Coke. ::gasp:: :huh: ::faint::

But I've also focused on drinking a lot more water!!
  • kaddydaddy
    kaddydaddy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like those single serving flavor packets of Hawaiian punch that they sell for around a buck a box. No sugar or sodium, the dye isn't staining (Crystal Light stains like nobody's business, and makes me wonder what it's doing to my insides), and you don't need nearly as much powder as other stuff.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    Water, Water with Crystal Light/SF Hawaiian Punch/Lemon/Lime/Stevia with Lemon, fat free milk, V8, Tevana teas with stevia and Sparking Ice/Talking Rain (which has helped me give up soda).

Everything in moderation.
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    water, fruit and herbal teas mostly
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee in the AM. I usually just have 1 cup, but that's just because that's all I really want at that time.

I drink plain water all day, and sometimes I'll have a glass of ice tea with splenda or half and half sweet/unsweet ice tea in the evening.. don't do that often, but I never feel "guilty" if I do.

I drink milk with breakfast sometimes. Even a little chocolate milk on occasion. I've really lost my taste for diet soda, but I will have a little every now and again if I want something fizzy.

Oh yeah, and I drink wine. I like wine. :)

But yes, mostly its just plain ole water, and I don't really miss the other stuff on a daily basis. After a couple weeks of cutting it out.. the cravings just went away.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee, crystal light, fruit juice, diet soda, water, wine, Guinness. I use splenda in drinks and baking.

Everything is bad for you if you consume too much of it.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    i drink crystal light and diet pop and i'm not dead yet :/
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Im a big fan of high quality H20..
    and glorious coffee. I like sugar free syrup and skim milk. or just one single serving french vanilla creamer.

But, you could also do unsweeetened iced tea, with lemon or mint for flavor. But my personal stance on this issue is that a little sugar is okay. Sugar is natural, the synthetic, chemically altered dirivatives are not. Thats why they say that those "diet " or "zero" whatever you wanna call it's are not good for you.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have had absolutely NO issues using MiO Water Enhancers. I believe they have sucralose as a sweetener, but again, I have noticed no ill-effects whatsoever. I started using it and drinking nothing but plain water during workouts and water with MiO the rest of the day (8-12 cups) and have lost 25 lbs since March 5.
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    a pot of balck coffe every day

one gallon of water every day

24 beers on the weekend (ultra light of course)

that about sums it up :)
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Soy milk and crystal lite ... I don't really believe all the stuff about crystal lite, sucralose, artificial sweeteners, etc.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink plain water but when I need a little flavor, I just add some Miyo flavoring. Yes, it has artificial sweetners. I do try to stay way from artificial sweeteners in general, but a little bit now and then isn't going to hurt anyone. Better than drinking my calories when I have a craving for something other than plain water. If you want your crystal light or your diet snapple, have it.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Water, flavored seltzer

Switching from soda to seltzer 5 years ago is a HUGE part of why I lost weight and kept it off
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, 1% Chocolate Milk, Keurig travel mug size coffee's with Pure cane sugar and International delight hershey chocolate and caramel coffee creamer, to name a few and have managed to lose alittle weight.......
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Tea mostly, also 3 cal fruit juice, water and the odd coffee.