What are you drinking when everything is bad for you?

Options

Replies

• hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it has been said....Its called "Moderation"

Like everything! There are things that are really good for you but you can have too much of them as well.

Protein is really good for you but if you eat/drink in excess it could cause issues

Enjoy what you like and just remember to do it in "moderation" I will always have my 1-2 diet cokes a day....its not the 8-10 I use to drink everyday.....
  • bexyh11
    bexyh11 Posts: 11
    Options
    I like this answer.
    Wine :bigsmile:
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee, water, and tea, that's about it. And the occasional alcoholic beverage. I don't drink anything carbonated since it's not good for your teeth and whatever else etc. However you could add a few pieces of fruit to your water to give it flavor, just make sure to change it out a couple times during the day.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light all day, every day. I have lost 52 of my 70 pound goal. No stall here.
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Water & Stevia mostly. 1 cup of coffee every morning with Stevia & regular creamer. Crystal Lite with dinner (break from drinking water all day) and sometimes sprite or coke zero at night with a "drink". With the Crystal Lite I use Great Value's generic brand from Wal-Mart and I only use 1 packet per gallon of water instead of 2.
  • sassyjvg
    sassyjvg Posts: 32
    Options
    I drink hot green tea or any other flavored hot teas with green tea in them with stevia(sweet leaf found at the health food stores) I also drink 1% milk or make chocolate milk from unsweetened chocolate powder and stevia, or sparkling water, or diet green tea
  • sugar_cube
    sugar_cube Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Some people like adding a little juice or frozen berries to their water. You could add a little lemon, lime or mint too. Cucumber + water is wonderful (similarly cucumbers + soda is love) :drinker: Maybe buy a good tea and use less sugar/honey/stevia. Chamomile isn't sweet but it tastes so good. Honey/lemon + chamomile is pure bliss.

I actually just drink water though.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    water, and sometimes I add some MiO to it. Great flavors.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I mainly drink water, water and more water. Every once in a while I may do a cup of coffee, or hot cocoa.... But that's about it.
    Oh I do make protein drinks and Green Smoothies as well... Yummy and healthy. But mainly water!!!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water, and more water - just plain, outta the tap is good enough for me. And Coffee and wine... that's ALL I ever drink.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    as long as you're not drinking liquids other than pure water 100% of the time I'm sure it's fine. it's been said already, but everything in moderation!

I like flavored seltzer water (though apparently that's a New England thing... ) though I just found out it's pretty acidic and bad for my teeth :(

try water with some lemon or lime juice splashed in? iced tea (like, real tea from a teabag not that sugarymixcrap)?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Iced tea - unsweetened. You "learn" to prefer it that way. Make your own tea ... add a little sugar, then gradually step down the amount of sugar.

Most fruity tea varieties: Black tea: Lipton Wild Berry Pyramid (2 bags) makes a good 20 oz. glass. Twinings 4 Red Fruits is yummy too.

Green iced tea is more mellow than black - Lipton Superfruit Red Goji & Raspberry, or Arizona (tea bags) Mandarin Orange ... yum.

Plain water .... add some fresh mint leaves, fruit or cucumber slices.

I do drink diet Pepsi .... but in moderation.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I only drink black coffee and tea and water. Never even log my drinks here, unless it's alcohol or the odd cappuccino
  • GreenEyedLady1
    Options
    i drink water.

when i am in the mood for something 'with flavor' i have chocolate milk. i really only have cravings like that once, maybe twice a week.

i also have milk with cereal but i dont know if that counts as drinking. :)
  • gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Water!!!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Our bodies have no mechanism to deal with liquid carbohydrate calories so they should be avoided (soda, sports drinks, juice).

Alcohol should be enjoyed in moderation at most.

Milk is liquid food.

Everything else you've heard is snake oil; heresay, broscience, phobias, and fear mongering.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I drink a 10oz cup of coffee in the am. Rest of the time just water. I can't even remember when I had anything else to drink. Do you like frfuit smoothies? You can always freeze it for popsicles when you need a little flavor.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I know it's not for everyone, but I completely ditched soda in any form. I will very occasionally drink Powerade Zero and I do drink some of the veggie/fruit fusion V8's (very tasty), but otherwise it's strictly water for me.

The funny thing is, I have SOOO much more energy after ditching caffeine (after the initial shock anyway). I'm convinced that drinking caffeine will give you the initial boost, but after a short time you'll actually be MORE tired that if you hadn't had any at all.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Honestly I just drink water. Sometimes I might have Crystal Light or some juice.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love spa water. Natural, tasty and sooooooo colorfull...
    http://myspawater.com/

I created lots of variations for my taste,