How do you say it?

AmberJslimsAWAY
AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member
Everyone says words different. I say legs and eggs weird... get made fun of all the time.

But other words people fight about, like caramel, vanilla, crayon... How do you say it?

I say all of those like they are spelled.... Legs and eggs-laygs and ayggs (I know I'm weird) :P

Replies

• VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    I say every thing like I have tourette's, then nobody cares how I say caramel.

My speech therapist was Samuel L Jackson.

mutha f'n caramel and ****.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    I say all of those like they are spelled.... Legs and eggs-laygs and ayggs (I know I'm weird) :P
    If you said those words as they were spelled, you would pronounce them "legs" and "eggs."
    -wtk
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    You should be from where I was born and raised... and leave off all your "r"s. Like Lobstah, cah, front yahd, and then move south and add a southern Y'all to your lobstah! :drinker:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    If you said those words as they were spelled, you would pronounce them "legs" and "eggs."
    -wtk

I meant the other 3 :tongue:
  • Tanyawhite30
    Tanyawhite30 Posts: 473
    I'm French.... Everything I say sounds weird lol!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    It bugs me when people say car-mul instead of cair-uh-mel for caramel. THERE IS AN 'A' IN THERE! PRONOUNCE IT!

And when people say "crown" instead of crayon. That's not even kind of how it's spelled. Cray-on.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    It bugs me when people say car-mul instead of cair-uh-mel for caramel. THERE IS AN 'A' IN THERE! PRONOUNCE IT!

And when people say "crown" instead of crayon. That's not even kind of how it's spelled. Cray-on.
    hahahaha me too!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    You should be from where I was born and raised... and leave off all your "r"s. Like Lobstah, cah, front yahd, and then move south and add a southern Y'all to your lobstah! :drinker:

Yep. There is no room for the letter "r" in my pronunciations either. Thick Boston accent and all.

The only one that really throws me off is when people pronounce aunt like a homonym to ant. I always wonder why they know so many people with a hard chitin shell and 6 legs.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Butter and Buttons Budder and buddons.. Darn that little bit of New orleans in me And now y'all know why it's who dat....isntead of whos that? LOL
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member

Apparently, my husband doesn't know how to say "crayon" correctly so he calls ALL crayons "crayolas". LOL such a weirdo! He also says something else realllly weird but right now I can't remember the word... I'll have to post it when I remember, though!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    Orange = arnge

Creek = crick

Those I've kept since I moved from PA...one I lost though is I used to pronounce water as "wooder"
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    I say "tock" instead of "talk" or as they say here in NC "tawlk" lol I :heart: accents and I bet yours is sexy
  • torylinnangel
    torylinnangel Posts: 253
    I get teased for the way I cay candy cane I say candy CAYNE, but everyone says it is CANDY cane. I am sure that I say other things weirdly as well, but I can't think of any others.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Everyone says words different. I say legs and eggs weird... get made fun of all the time.

But other words people fight about, like caramel, vanilla, crayon... How do you say it?

I say caramel like "Car-mill" vanilla like "va-nill-a" and crayon like "Cray-on" but my hubby says it "crown" any care to guess where he is from? lol

sometimes when I am talking about something I care about I get a southern twinge to my "i's" like fine, turns into "f-I-Ine" lol
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    When I say "tax" people think I'm saying "text". I moreso just think that's people not hearing me and getting confused with their own thoughts, though. It's a pretty distinct difference. I lived in Michigan for many years, they're known for over enunciating the a's.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    What about La-easy-ana?
    Cimanin -cinnamon
    Dem dare chickuns over yonder?

I could go on and on but I will stop myself before I get to carried away.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    What about La-easy-ana?
    Cimanin -cinnamon
    Dem dare chickuns over yonder?

I could go on and on but I will stop myself before I get to carried away.

haha feel free to go on!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    Orange = arnge

Creek = crick

Those I've kept since I moved from PA...one I lost though is I used to pronounce water as "wooder"

OMG my dad used to say "wooder" (he was raised in Baltimore) and it drove me crazy!!!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    what about "warsher"? makes me cringe
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    I'm Canadian, which means I pronounce half my vocabulary different.

Pasta, drama, latte with the same a as SLAT, FLAT, MAT instead of Pahsta, Drahma, Lahtte