What was the most weight you lost in 1 week?

Options

Replies

• bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    six. i have not had a week like that this time around though. i'm lucky to see a 3lb loss but any loss is a good loss :)
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My sister had a baby and lost 25 lbs in ONE DAY....:wink:

Either way, most of these "big losses" can be attributed to water weight and aren't true fat losses, so it doesn't seem like much to brag about...:huh:

1 lb = 3500 cals
    2 lbs = 7000 cals
    3 lbs = 10500 cals
    4 lbs = 14000 cals
    5 lbs = 17500 cals

Even if most people ate NOTHING for 7 days, they would have a hard time losing 5 lbs in one week because your body JUST DOESN'T burn that much. As you can see, it is really impossible to lose large amounts of true weight in a short amount of time.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most of it is all water weight, kiddos.

Water weight or not, I looked amazing in that dress when I needed to. That's all I needed at the time. haha
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    12.1 pounds, first week of a low carb diet on a doctor-supervised program. I quit the program after a few weeks because I didn't like it but I kept off the 20 pounds I lost in those few weeks and have since lost more.
  • arojas1227
    arojas1227 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    11 lbs on HCG, 3 without any supplement.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Lost 10 pounds the first week and yes I know it was mostly water weight but it still gave me a push in the right direction. I was able to eliminate one item from my daily calorie intake that was 1800 calories per day and have never returned to it again.

But the best thing is that so far I've been doing this for 30 weeks and have posted a loss every week of 1 pound or more. So I'm a happy camper.
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Either way, most of these "big losses" can be attributed to water weight and aren't true fat losses, so it doesn't seem like much to brag about...:huh:

1 lb = 3500 cals
    2 lbs = 7000 cals
    3 lbs = 10500 cals
    4 lbs = 14000 cals
    5 lbs = 17500 cals

Even if most people ate NOTHING for 7 days, they would have a hard time losing 5 lbs in one week because your body JUST DOESN'T burn that much. As you can see, it is really impossible to lose large amounts of true weight in a short amount of time.

Even if it is just water weight, it is still numbers on the scale. Personally, I noticed a huge difference in the way I felt after I lost the excess water.... oh.. and 12 lbs for me...
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    my first week of "dieting" was 8lbs....i have been dieting for 7 months now and been going up and down another 10lbs...:drinker: i think its the booze:drinker:
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options

1 lb = 3500 cals
    2 lbs = 7000 cals
    3 lbs = 10500 cals
    4 lbs = 14000 cals
    5 lbs = 17500 cals

now that is a positive attitude to give to everyone! LOL
  • Mzchasenpaper
    Mzchasenpaper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    6 lbs.
  • Mzchasenpaper
    Mzchasenpaper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    6 lbs.
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in one week....it was the first time my family decided to all go on a diet together and my parents chose the atkins diet, i was also very over weight for my age so I had a lot of weight to drop fast, I also got really sick by week two and they had to take me off the diet.

I got sick on Atkins too, both times I tried it so I know it was because of the diet. There is something seriously wrong with that diet!

BTW, my most lost per week was 5lb. I do want to make a note that I know it wasn't water weight because at the time I tested twice daily at the same time every day, once before I ate anything and once after I was done eating for the day, and the weight came off regularly. I also know it was actual weight because I was able to maintain it for at least a month after staying at the higher weight for at least a month before losing the 5lb, actually it was 10lbs in 2 weeks but it was 5lbs per week. I've also just done it again! Woohoo!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options

1 lb = 3500 cals
    2 lbs = 7000 cals
    3 lbs = 10500 cals
    4 lbs = 14000 cals
    5 lbs = 17500 cals

YOU SUCK! Lol geez no matter what the reason, these are awesome losses! Losing water weight is super important too! Makes people look less puffy and bloated. And when people see a change, they are motivated to keep going!
    Great job everyone! I think I might be 2lbs. Maybe. Slow and steady.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    5 lbs
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    5kg...calculating...which is about 11lbs
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Actually I lost 10 or 15kg in a week once, but I wouldn't recommend that. I didn't eat for a week until a friend stood over me and offered to shove it down my throat...wow that was a while ago!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    15 or 20 pounds- I had severe pneumonia and could barely eat for a week, afterwards I gained it back and a lot more. I need to lose 35 to get back to that point, and then lose a whole lot more.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    4 kilos.
  • BrendaSinclair
    Options
    2 lb
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    26 pounds in a week... That is my first week postpartum! Other than that, the first week of January I lost 8 pounds! :)
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    5 pounds. That was my first week of dieting, my BMI was 41.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!