What was the most weight you lost in 1 week?

Options

Replies

• KStyleFitness
    KStyleFitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    8 pounds, mostly water weight, but hey, it never came back so a loss is a loss!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    30 lbs. in my case it was mostly soda weight since I quit it cold turkey and also was nearly 500 lbs. after that is has slowed down.
  • mkvilmin
    mkvilmin Posts: 46
    Options
    I once lost 6 pounds in one week and I was on vacation at a resort.
  • FlittyGetsFit
    Options
    10lb, first week of a diet about 8 years ago. Since I changed my lifestyle this year, my biggest weekly loss has been 5.5lb. I average around 2lb per week.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    7lbs years ago but this time around I've only lost 2lbs in the week and I'm eating much healthier than the last time. Maybe becuase I'm drinking so much more water than before?? That or my metabolism is really slowing down.
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    3 lbs just this past week!!!

It's my 3rd week of "dieting" and I've been busting my butt to burn the calories so I'm not sure that it's water weight but as long as it stays off, I don't care. :)
  • hizwyfe
    hizwyfe Posts: 12
    Options
    I lost 5 already and only been doing this for 4 days!
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    First week of 17 Day Diet last June I lost 6lbs. Mostly water weight, but still huge!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    7lbs and I pretty much ate nothing. Pretty low point in my life.
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of all those ladies who actually LOST weight after giving birth. I got weighed one week after giving birth and I was 5 lbs heavier than my last weight while pregnant! They told me it was water weight but a year later I was only 10lbs less than that!

I'm happy to say that I got sick of that, especially considering I gained 60lbs with pregnancy, and have been taking steps to reverse that!
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    240 lbs. The week of my divorce.

Best......loss.....EVER!!!!!!

:drinker: :laugh: :drinker:
  • eva_lawlor
    eva_lawlor Posts: 81
    Options
    everyone is saying like 10 lbs so i feel lame for this, but mines only 3 in a week :c
  • casandra_zamarripa
    casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    WHAT'S YOUR SECRETS?!? :tongue:
    5pounds
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My sister had a baby and lost 25 lbs in ONE DAY....:wink:

Either way, most of these "big losses" can be attributed to water weight and aren't true fat losses, so it doesn't seem like much to brag about...:huh:

1 lb = 3500 cals
    2 lbs = 7000 cals
    3 lbs = 10500 cals
    4 lbs = 14000 cals
    5 lbs = 17500 cals

Even if most people ate NOTHING for 7 days, they would have a hard time losing 5 lbs in one week because your body JUST DOESN'T burn that much. As you can see, it is really impossible to lose large amounts of true weight in a short amount of time.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most of it is all water weight, kiddos.

you took mine!
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    10 pounds when I was at my heaviest. :)
  • Creamshakes
    Creamshakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    14lbs water weight.

True fat loss in one week? About 4 lbs. Which I'm proud of.
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    No more than 3 probably
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    At one point in my life, I was heart broken- causing me to really not eat the way I should- I lost 1 lb a day for 20 days, and a total of 40 pounds in 6 weeks. I don't recommend this. After a year and a half, I have gained it all back, and it was just very unhealthy.
  • runningindigo
    runningindigo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I lost 6lbs in a week! I was really feelin' myself too lol!! But the next week I only lost 2lbs....go figure! lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!