Most annoying NSV ever.

Options

Replies

• kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Streeeeeeet haraaassment. It's definitely more noticeable now that I've lost weight, but men who think they have the right to get up in your space while you're walking around minding your business will always be creeps. However, congrats on your loss ;D
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    oh wow...guys do that when seeing you with a child? i don't even look at a girl with a child :laugh: she can be a beauty pageant queen or miss universe...that's disrespect
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hate that. Guys do this to me regularly. I usually have a child or two with me but apparently that means nothing to the guys that do this.

Yes, b/c there aren't any single moms out there who want to date a guy who isn't turned off by children. SMH

I highly doubt a single mother of two is going to get with a guy who is hooping and hollering at you from a car in the street.
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's definitely a guy thing as women would never be caught yelling out in public like that to men. Frankly I don't get it. It's happened to me at gas stations.....they stare and then do the "Mmmm, mmm" as they hold the door open for me. Yucko, makes me cringe. Don't they realize how creepy that is? Or watching me pump my gas from their vehicle and then yelling "bye beautiful" as a whole car full of them pulls off.....weird!!! Grown men at that!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    " ...... Do boys just do this? Is this NORMAL boy activity? ....."

It's kind of creepy, like stalking ..... that's how my sister met her husband ..... he was a creep ..... I rest my case ......

BTW, congrats on the weight loss !
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I got whistled at today while pushing my baby in her buggy!! Maybe they were whistling at her, she is pretty cute :bigsmile:

you too huh?
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well, I have that happens to me ALL the time, super market, walking, @ that bank or with all the kids...Looks, whistles, asking how im doing, if i say "I'm fine, thanks" they may reply "YOU SURE ARE" . I figured it is all part of being a beautiful woman no matter what you size. I take it as flattering, politely say no, or thank you for the compliment (if one was given) and keep it moving. I dont thenk they mean any harm, but if they didn't ask....they may think they are missing out on a good thing...:blushing:
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Well I would take it as a NSV win, no man has ever asked for my number...lol and if they did I'd take that as a win :tongue:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Is there anything more annoying than an attractive girl complaining about getting hit on?

Pretty much this. IMO it's not really a complaint, it's their way of announcing to the world "I'm hot, pay attention to me." If the men are rude, it's one thing, but I often hear women complaining about men hitting on them in ways that are not particularly rude/inappropriate. Yawn.

It's not like they were going all Night at the Roxbury on you.

My then boyfriend (now husband) and his best friend did this to me once. In the middle of a fairly busy parking lot. I just about died laughing.
  • char982
    char982 Posts: 21
    Options
    First, what the heck is NSV???

Secondly, yes this is normal.

I've also lost a lot of weight, but I used to get it when I heavy, too. Honks, hollers from across the street, trying to talk to me while I'm running by. This male behavior baffles and frustrates me. Yes, I suppose the easy thing to do would be to take it as a compliment. But I can't help but find it disrespectful. I don't like being yelled at or honked at, especially not at 6am while I'm trying to have a quiet, peaceful run.

I was even standing at a red light one time, and this guy in a truck across the intersection was shouting to get my attention, asking for my number and to take me out later that night. I continued shaking my head politely, which I guess he thought meant I needed more convincing, so he took out a stack of cash to show me. Yes, really. What makes it even more embarrassing is that other people witness this, and kind of watch to see how you'll react.

There are nice ways to let a girl know that you find her attractive. Ways that actually make her feel good instead of like an object.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Is there anything more annoying than an attractive girl complaining about getting hit on? It's not like they were going all Night at the Roxbury on you. If a guy can't ask a strange girl for a simple phone number, how the hell do babies get made?

Thank you for saying it.
    Maybe I'm just jealous because I don't get hit on - but dang. Really?
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Is there anything more annoying than an attractive girl complaining about getting hit on? It's not like they were going all Night at the Roxbury on you. If a guy can't ask a strange girl for a simple phone number, how the hell do babies get made?

Thank you for saying it.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find a man slow-rolling up behind me in his car and saying something akin to, "would you like some fries with that shake?" particularly flattering. it feels a lot like assault, tbh. there are nice ways to let a girl know you find her attractive, and then there's street harassment.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a couple-a honks while I'm jogging. Smile and move on. Take it for what it is, a typical boy enjoying the beautiful female form.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options

Thank you for saying it.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find a man slow-rolling up behind me in his car and saying something akin to, "would you like some fries with that shake?" particularly flattering. it feels a lot like assault, tbh. there are nice ways to let a girl know you find her attractive, and then there's street harassment.

What OP described was not assault. They didn't get skeezy either, from what was described. What you have described? Definitely skeezy and inappropriate.
    Thus this sounds like an outcry of "Oh woe is me! I'm a beautiful girl! People look at me!" Especially if she's qualifying it as a NSV then asking if it's the norm for 'boys.'
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I know what you mean. I almost wonder if that is why I got so fluffy in the first place. Ugh boys! :grumble: Boo for the unwanted harassment and Yay for the nsv. :love:
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hate that. Guys do this to me regularly. I usually have a child or two with me but apparently that means nothing to the guys that do this.

Yes, b/c there aren't any single moms out there who want to date a guy who isn't turned off by children. SMH

I highly doubt a single mother of two is going to get with a guy who is hooping and hollering at you from a car in the street.

The OP said "slow rolled me in their cars and asked for my number" ... that's a far cry from "hooping and hollering at you from a car" little miss exaggerate.
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    Smile and let the compliment go to your head, hard work pays off. When I was 8 months pregnant this one guy would make obscene comments to me, whistle, and other things. Believe me I was not looking hot, I looked like I swallowed a hot air balloon. I asked my hubby what was this guy thinking?? He politely told me why he thought the guy was doing it and I had a good laugh. As long as they don't get physical it's harmless!! Great job by the way, keep up the hard work.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options

The OP said "slow rolled me in their cars and asked for my number" ... that's a far cry from "hooping and hollering at you from a car" little miss exaggerate.

Trollololollolololol
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Normal. The worst is when they are also walking on the street and keep following you and trying to get you to smile at them...
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    AND sometimes I am reminded as to why I have, in the past, refrained from saying anything on a forums with this high of a user base.

No, it wasn't to go "woe is me, i'm beautiful."

First off, I do not see myself as a beautiful woman. Never have, and I don't WANT to see myself as a beautiful woman. I am far more proud of being an intelligent woman, or a hard working woman, or a compassionate woman, or a successful woman, or a confident woman.

Second off, this is something that's never happened to me before this recent rash of immature behavior from the people around me. It did make me uncomfortable, because I am not that girl who gets whistled at, or cat called, or anything else. it is an entirely new phenomenon, and I wasn't entirely sure what to do with it, or if it was normal for others to experience or such. I'm a math and physics nerd. My experience with males is far different than most. The males I associate with would never do something like this. Before this, the biggest compliment I've received from the opposite sex was "You solved that in 20 minutes, I've been struggling with it for an hour."

So thank you for making me feel uncomfortable about admitting to having an uncomfortable situation. I'm a fairly straight forward person. If I wanted compliments, I would have said 'so I've lost a bunch of weight and I feel a lot healthier for my efforts."

To all of those that have shared their similar encounters, Thank you. I think I will be using the "f off" method. or one a coworker gave me to "can I get your number?" "Sure, do you have a pen, E-A-T S***"

So far though, wearing loose fitting clothes (and I have a lot of those now... See.. now THAT is bragging) has lessened the problem, as has bribing my roommate into giving me rides.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!