Options
    Mine would be....

Its cold in the winter without all that fat
    Cant rest my beer on my tummy anymore
    People telling me I dont need to lose anymore weight which I do
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Even if it was a way for the original poster to say "Hey look at me I got hit on" isn't that still a success story.

So basically there is whining occurring over another person whining... (their own words).

In regards to the cat calling.

I have never understood it, me being a guy I have never felt compelled to whistle, say inappropriate comments or any thing of the sort.

I do notice that this behavior seems to be related to the size and scope of the group amongst the man-children. A single male in the wild will usually not exhibit his mating call, but for some homoerotic reason when man-children are with other man-children they need to prove how "not gay" they are by declaring their attractiveness to your bosom.

Eh, -
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I love that phrase "Man-children"
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Boy behavior regardless of age....not manly or mannerly.
  • losingthehealthyway
    Options
    I do notice that this behavior seems to be related to the size and scope of the group amongst the man-children. A single male in the wild will usually not exhibit his mating call, but for some homoerotic reason when man-children are with other man-children they need to prove how "not gay" they are by declaring their attractiveness to your bosom.

Eh, -

Hahaha This!! ^^

I take it as a compliment when I get hit on, but it does feel unsafe when a group of men are following me and cat-calling from their car. Not one of them seems to realize that it doesn't make me feel sexy at the moment, just frightened. Especially if I'm alone.
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Get used to it and just ignore it.
    It always creeps me out when older guys that could be my father are checking me out and then come up to me. Gross.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Well, I have that happens to me ALL the time, super market, walking, @ that bank or with all the kids...Looks, whistles, asking how im doing, if i say "I'm fine, thanks" they may reply "YOU SURE ARE" . I figured it is all part of being a beautiful woman no matter what you size. I take it as flattering, politely say no, or thank you for the compliment (if one was given) and keep it moving. I dont thenk they mean any harm, but if they didn't ask....they may think they are missing out on a good thing...:blushing:

Refreshing to read your post, after all the other ones. I mean how much of a big deal is it really?!
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Well, I have that happens to me ALL the time, super market, walking, @ that bank or with all the kids...Looks, whistles, asking how im doing, if i say "I'm fine, thanks" they may reply "YOU SURE ARE" . I figured it is all part of being a beautiful woman no matter what you size. I take it as flattering, politely say no, or thank you for the compliment (if one was given) and keep it moving. I dont thenk they mean any harm, but if they didn't ask....they may think they are missing out on a good thing...:blushing:

Refreshing to read your post, after all the other ones. I mean how much of a big deal is it really?!

Exactly. It has been a while since I have heard any whistles. I miss them a little. The closest I get these days is the text notification tone on my friend's phone. Hoping a few more pounds fixes this.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't find a man slow-rolling up behind me in his car and saying something akin to, "would you like some fries with that shake?" particularly flattering. it feels a lot like assault, tbh. there are nice ways to let a girl know you find her attractive, and then there's street harassment.

Assault????? :noway:
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Last year, the dude working the counter at the gas station hit on me while I was with my 9 year (who happened to be dressed in his shoulder pads/gear on his way to his football game). Here's how it went down:

Dude to Nolan: Is that your mom?

Nolan: Yeah.

Dude: You sure are lucky to have such a hot mom...

Nolan: Yeah. I live with her. I know how hot she is. I don't need some guy who works at a gas station using me to hit on my mom.

Nolan to me: Can we get our gas somewhere else, please? (and then he stomped out the door)

Ouch. :drinker:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i thought people ask for email addresses these days
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    There are times when its absolutely ok to let women know they are attractive.
    Most of the girls I know agree that when its on the street by strangers, its generally unwelcome. (and can be frightening as well, depending on the circumstances)
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had somebody roll up and ask me where I LIVE one time! What kind of idiot thinks a girl walking alone is going to be so overcome by a TOTAL STRANGER that she would give out her address or even her phone number? First of all, I have only laid eyes on you for 2 seconds, but more importantly if you do this, I am going to go ahead and make the assumption that you are a rapist/serial killer...because honestly, I'm guessin that is EXACTLY what they do. I have never in my entire life dated anyone who approached me this way, anywhere...hell, I've never dated anyone I wasn't REALLY good friends with first. Don't get me wrong, at 41 years old, I don't mind a smile or a whistle now and then. Compliments are fabulous, but only under the best circumstances.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't find a man slow-rolling up behind me in his car and saying something akin to, "would you like some fries with that shake?" particularly flattering. it feels a lot like assault, tbh. there are nice ways to let a girl know you find her attractive, and then there's street harassment.

Thank you. I barely survived an assault. I will never be able to be with someone without having to explain why I am covered in scars, or explain why I have parts that don't work properly because of damage in the assault. So it's annoying, it's bothersome, it's creepy, it's nervewracking, it's unsettling, it's all kinds of things (potentially even dangerous). But it's absolutely nothing like assault, tbh.

Sorry for the rant-carry on.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options

Thank you. I barely survived an assault. I will never be able to be with someone without having to explain why I am covered in scars, or explain why I have parts that don't work properly because of damage in the assault. So it's annoying, it's bothersome, it's creepy, it's nervewracking, it's unsettling, it's all kinds of things (potentially even dangerous). But it's absolutely nothing like assault, tbh.

Sorry for the rant-carry on.

I'm sorry for what's happened to you. Sexual assault and abuse is an awful, terrible thing that nobody should ever have to go to. But assault doesn't have to be this extreme. I was assaulted by a drunk college guy on the way back to my dorm and yes, when a creepy man comes up behind me and makes me feel incredibly unsafe or grabs my behind or makes it seem like he would definitely be willing to get out of the car and come after me, it does feel like sexual assault. It comes down to a person who is unwilling to respect your wishes and understand the word "no".
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen and I don't think of it as annoying, I like it since it means I must look good and since my head space hasn't really caught up to my weight loss I really appreciate the compliment. If they are rude about it I just smile politely, say thanks no you can't have my number and should me kids witness this I wait until we alone then explain why that behavior is not okay.
  • fishndad
    fishndad Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Even if it was a way for the original poster to say "Hey look at me I got hit on" isn't that still a success story.

So basically there is whining occurring over another person whining... (their own words).

In regards to the cat calling.

I have never understood it, me being a guy I have never felt compelled to whistle, say inappropriate comments or any thing of the sort.

Eh, -
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I get this sort of behaviour EVERYDAY, I find it come from Immature "Man-Children", and i do not appreciate it at all. But then i work in a Prison, so you can imagine :noway: We have a term for Men like this, we call them "Kid-Brained".

So it's not really a stretch to know that i absolutely do not like it being done to me on the street either, it's doesn't make me feel good (ok yeah maybe when i was 16 or 17) but now it just makes me feel like a piece of meat.
    If a guy really finds me attractive i'd be more comfortable if he would walk up to me and pay me a quiet compliment and/or start talking to get to know me.
    Following and Talking to me out of a car window is something my "Ex-Clients" would do :noway:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I must be walking in the wrong places. I never get whistled at. :grumble:
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love getting hit on. Now that's it's happening more often, it just makes me more aware of the difference in myself. I guess for the girls who are used to getting hit on, it could maybe get old, but for right now, I'm like, BRING IT! This being said, I would probably be disturbed if they either invaded my body space or were disrespectful. I don't think men asking for my number is disrespectful at all. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!