Do you shower before going to the gym?

Options

Replies

• Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Showering before you work out is like washing your hair before you go to the salon... Although my husband does that...
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Showering before seems like a waste of time. Wash face. Brush teeth. Comb hair. Good to go.

^^This. I hate showering at the gym too, but I will if I happen to go before work. If I go after work, I will wait till I get home to shower
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I only shower before the gym if I'm going to the gym in the evening, and that's because I've already showered for the day. If I'm going in the morning, I'll shower after the gym.
  • Dannib55
    Dannib55 Posts: 50
    Options
    No, I shower after. I'm doing insanity at home, alone so I'm the only one who will be able to smell me, :happy:.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Showering before you work out is like washing your hair before you go to the salon... Although my husband does that...

Guilty... :tongue:
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym straight after work so, no. But even if I go on the weekend, I wouldn't unless I was feeling particularly gross. I don't mingle or socialize so unless I was really smelly, there is no reason.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Seems like a waste of time and water to shower before a workout if you are just going to do it after again, but to each their own.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i definitely do. the main reason is if im working out that early a shower helps me wake up.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I don't shower before the gym. I shower when I get home. I have to.

If I showered before AND after, there isn't a lotion in the world that could save my skin.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Guilty... :tongue:

i too wash my hair before getting it cut.

i brush my teeth before going to the dentist too.
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just wash my face before working out to prevent breaking out in blemishes. Then I shower afterwards. I don't go to the gym though. I workout in the evening.
  • George1567
    George1567 Posts: 107
    Options
    If I am going to the gym right away after waking I do shower. Has nothing to do with being clean or not, would have not gotten into bed if I was a mess. The hot water of the shower helps me to losen up and I do quite a bit of stretching in the shower. On heavy back or leg days I feel not as tight and more comfortable getting right into the workout. In 10+ years I have had injuries in the gym twice, both were early morning workouts where I did not get loose and warmed up properly. So a shower may have more advantage than just being clean.
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Showering before you work out is like washing your hair before you go to the salon...

Or like those people who clean their house before the cleaning lady shows up!

I shower AFTER I work out, not before, doesn't make sense to shower when I am going to get all sweaty...
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    No, but I routinely shower at least every other day, so I'm not going to walk in exuding a wall of funk anyway.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Why would I do that? Waste of time, water, and toiletries. No.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i save my shower for AFTER a workout :)
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I have to shower at least within a couple hours before going to the gym because I'm genetically un-blessed with over-sweating and the ability to generate BO much sooner than the average person.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll shower the night before if I get real dirty (mowing the lawn or something) but since I go from 5:30 - 6:60 a.m., I shower when I get home before work. I ALWAYS brush my teeth and put on deodorant though.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Nope, I just throw on some extra deodorant and head out. I know I'll probably need to shower after the gym and in the morining, so a third shower every day would probably be overkill.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    No I just go however I am but I put up my hair. So I usually have makeup on from earlier in the day. People probably think I'm trying to look all cute but oh well hahaha