Do you shower before going to the gym?

Options

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Nope.

If I'm going to be a sweaty disgusting mess afterwards, why waste my time taking a shower?

Note : I do shower AFTERwards, so i won't be the funky person the next day.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I get up at 3:30am to get to the gym by 4 so I can get my workout in and get my butt to work. No, I do not clean-up in anyway before i hit the gym. Wake-up, take my pre-workout nutrition, and get to the gym. If you don't like the way I smell, stay away from me, gym time is not social hour for me.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    If I go first thing in the morning, I don't shower. If I go after work, then I have showered once before going, but I dont take a separate shower to go.

yes, this. I suppose if you were spectacularly dirty or had skipped a few days showers you might need to show up a bit fresher, but otherwise it seems if you've bathed sometimes in the recent past that would suffice.
  • kionig
    kionig Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    call me crazy, i take a shower, brush my teeth, comb my hair, and wear clean gym clothes, everyday, the only time i dont shower before working out is if i go directly from work or 1st thing in the am ( and i did shower the night before). I feel I have a better workout if i am clean, and the shower helps me loosen up and relax. Yeah, i generally take 2 sometimes 4 showers a day. I am sweaty mess coming out of a workout, i like there to be a layer of cleanliness underneath that, sweaty on top of dirty is just nasty.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If I hit the gym first thing in the morning I don't shower before, but I will wash my face, put on deodorant, brush teeth, comb hair. Unless I have a swim workout - then I take the obligatory shower before jumping in the pool.
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym in the afternoon and then shower when I get home. I'm more of an evening shower-er anyway so I've never thought to shower before I go to the gym.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, especially when I go in the morning. I sweat when I sleep and I do NOT want to be the funky sweaty person working out. We all know what that smells like:

Not good...
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, especially when I go in the morning. I sweat when I sleep and I do NOT want to be the funky sweaty person working out. We all know what that smells like:

Not good...
    This if in the am or on the weekend. I will just get a body shower & wash my face, then work out & come home clean the cat liter pan and then get a full shower haha!
    On the week days I go to the gym after work (and have had a morning shower) so I dont shower directly before the gym on the weekdays. When I get home from the gym I only get a body shower & wash my face, I don't want to wash my hair 2x a day.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I shower in the morning and hit the gym at lunch time while I'm at work. I used to shower after my workout before heading back to work but I was gone way too long from the office. So now I wipe down and deodorize after I meet with my PT and if anyone doesn't like it, too bad:wink:
  • CaSome11
    CaSome11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wake up, roll out of bed, brush my teeth, throw on my gym clothes and go. I workout hard, tan (no lectures! I also smoke, sue me.), come home and take a shower. It feels great after a good workout! Showering at the gym freaks me out. I live nearby too.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I tried, but somebody informed me that wasn't what the urinals are there for.
  • cutekidblue
    Options
    Nope, but then I don't always shower everyday either. So there. :-P

Same here :tongue:
  • CaSome11
    CaSome11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I tried, but somebody informed me that wasn't what the urinals are there for.

:laugh:
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I can't go anywhere w/out showering first...so though I dont belong to a gym yet, I always shower before I workout anywhere other than in my own apartment...

I'm just weird like that :bigsmile:
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I always go to bed clean, so if I'm going to the gym first thing in the AM (I'm really an evening gym kinda person), then no. But usually, yes, as I've already been up for the full day and showered before that. But right before? Hell no, that's a waste of time and soap.

Yeah I'm one of those people that showers twice a day. More in the winter, it's a favorite cold day thing to do. I recycle though, so my net effect on society is an even zilch.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    No, I don't shower before the gym. I go and workout and take a shower later on at home. As long as your not funky I don't think anyone cares.

I second this one.
  • erneseeter
    erneseeter Posts: 22
    Options
    Never! Why would I need a shower BEFORE I work out?!

I definitely shower after tho ;)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I never shower before I'm about to workout, defeats the purpose in my opinion. I always shower afterward because 1, it feels good. :P and 2 I need to afterward with all that sweating. xD I think it's kinda a waste of water to shower before when you're gonna have to shower after anyway. xD

Agreed.

My skin is way too dry for 2 showers a day. If I feel not super fresh, I do washup a bit.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Why shower before? You're only going to get sweaty. I'd shower there if they have private showers. If its just one big open shower room I'd wait till I get home.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Nah. I normally go to the gym or running group after work. On the weekends I run in the morning and do not shower first.

I do admit to showering before I ran my half marathon last weekend...but in my defense...it was 3:00 AM when I got up and I needed a hot shower to wake me up!