Your running uniform

Options
124»

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Armband for my phone, ear buds, Soffee mesh mini shorts, sports bra and Nike Flex Experience shoes (pink :happy:).
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I just carry my mp3 player along to drown out traffic lol. Usually, I wear track pants and a tee. My feetsies wear colored socks, and Nike's Lunarlon shoes in purple. Bottle of water, and um yeah that's it I guess. Also, my heart on my sleeve....
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    <
    my kit. just treated myself this weekend. Also have a bright running jacket as I run down lanes with no/tiny pavements which also holds my inhaler/phone with my music on. Usually have a bottle of water.

Have decent running shoes - kit was cheap but shoes are worth the extra. Also have a running cap for when it gets warmer.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have recently bought some "real" running clothes from brooks, but before that I wore whatever shorts and tshirts I had laying around. Unless you're going a long way expensive clothes aren't going to do much for you. I don't listen to music, I find the experience of the run is more than enough. Just get out there and you'll figure it out.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I am partial to the Brooks HVAC shirts. For shorts I have a variety of running shorts that I have from the local running store. I have several pairs of the exact same socks (blue thorlo experia) so finding a matching pair isn't a problem. I usually wear sunglasses and sunscreen and since I run on a trail I have no problems with using an iPod nano. I also use a Nike+ GSP watch.

I love my Thorlo socks! And although not "cool" running gear, prefer just some stretchy yoga pants or capris and a t- or tech-shirt with a good sports bra. Asics. A cheap watch and as little gear as possible. For a long neighborhood run, I will put water in my mailbox and make sure I run by the house a couple of times. Otherwise I drink when I'm done.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    panache sports bra
    moisture wicking tank top
    moisture wicking pullover if it's cold
    moisture wicking compression pants or capris.
    moisture wicking footies
    brooks pure connect
    sunglasses
    arm band for phone
    keys are in my pants pocket
    HRM and chest strap

i dont carry water because i'm only out for 60 minutes at most and it isn't worth the annoyance of carrying water. if i get thirsty then i'd just speed up to get home quicker :laugh:

and i have to wear headphones. i'm partial to wearing skimpy tops and i'm a big boobed girl who runs in the hood. the music drowns out whatever dumba$$ comments i get
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I don't carry water. I hydrate plenty before a run, and again after. I usually run from my house, but if I drive somewhere to run, I'll have water in my car..

I wear loose yoga pants & a t-shirt to run. If it's cold, I'll wear a jacket, but it's got to be pretty chilly before I'll do that, because I don't want to overheat during my run.

I do wear earphones & bring my iPhone. I used to wear an armband for my phone, but I check time & distance several times while running & it was too hard to do when in the armband. So I tuck it in my underwear. Yes, I really do. A minute or so of light sweating & it holds firmly in place. I snake my earphone wire up through my shirt so there isn't the extra pull of the weight of the wire pulling on my ears.

I wear my Polar FT4 chest band and watch/receiver.

I wear my glasses or prescription sunglasses, as long as it isn't raining. If it is, they just get covered in raindrops anyway, so I leave them at home & run in relative blurriness.

Oh, and I wear a good support bra, socks, and awesome runnung shoes. You *must* get awesome running shoes, particularly if you are overweight & running.
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Everybody needs a Road ID if they run, walk or cycle.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I wear nike drifit clothing basically. I love their clothes, hate their shoes. I use mizuno wave inspire 8s currently, but they're getting pretty large holes now after all these miles from the past year. I will either upgrade to the 9 or get another 8 next week. I also have a pair of brooks ravenas, but I'm not too high on them, especially compared to the wave inspire.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Lululemon sweat wicking headband
    Sunglasses
    Lulu, Athleta, or Danskin top (depending on if I need wicking)
    Shock Absorber Bra (not with the lulu shirt in pic)
    Moisture wicking, no panty lines undies (OK that's my dream, still looking)
    Athleta or Danskin capris, but I'll be switching over to shorts soon (I'm by the ocean so it's still breezy & cool).
    Nike dri fit socks
    Saucony sneakers
    iPhone w/earbuds
    Water bottle
    Oh, if my pants or shirt don't have a little pocket, I tape a car key to my iPhone case.
    I may start carrying pepper spray
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Head to toe:

Running hat with brim, or headband to soak up sweat

Maui Jim prescription sunglasses if it's bright, or my usual glasses if it isn't (when it rains a brimmed hat keeps water off them)

Moving Comfort Phoebe bra

Tech t-shirt or singlet, or cycling jersey if I need to carry things like gels or a small water bottle since I hate belts (long sleeves in cold weather, vest or jacket and gloves as necessary).

Garmin 405CX

Compression shorts, regular running shorts, running skirt with built-in shorts, or occasionally dress over compression shorts (capris or tights in cold weather)

Wigwam Ironman tri socks

For shoes I currently alternate Merrell Dash Gloves (shorter distances, still working up to longer in them), Saucony Kinvara 3s (don't like the 3 nearly as well as I did the 2, but I've been assured by a Saucony rep that the 4 is better), Saucony Kinvara trail shoes (new, so far love them)

I only bring an iPod if I'm running at the gym or outside on a ball field where there's no traffic and I can see the whole field at a glance. Have an armband for it that I wear on my forearm so I can see the display and mess with the controls as necessary.

I used to bring water on nearly every run, but don't feel the need most of the time now unless I'm going over two hours or the day is hot.

Key goes in shoe pocket, wrist wallet, zipped pocket in the clothes that have them, back pocket of cycling jersey, or when I run on the ball field I tie it to the cord of my ear buds and tuck it beneath my arm band strap so it doesn't bounce. I never use the unsecured key pockets in the waistband of shorts or tights--too easy for key to fall out.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't have set gear that I use for the most part. I do have indoor shoes and outdoor shoes. I've learned the hard way not to wear your lose underwear to run because it likes to head south so my main thing is a good fit. I like to wear more fitted tops because it makes me hold my form better.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Things I always have:

Visor or hat with built in sweat band
    Sunscreen
    Sunglasses if sunny
    Heart rate monitor
    Armband for iPhone
    Yurbuds
    Moving comfort Fiona bra
    Compression shorts
    Tshirt
    Saucony Pro Grid Mirage II shoes

This is for warm weather of course. When it's cold there is a lot more. I never carry water. If I'm on a long run, I keep water and snacks in my car and circle back every 4 to 5 miles.