Don't ever take your car to Walmart and get the oil changed!

Options
124»

Replies

• Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't take my cars to ANYONE for basic maintance.
    I will admit that I do have an advantage. I do have a "Toy Store" in West Palm where the hot rod gets parked and I have a lift there which makes changing the oil a whole lot easier but, when I do my own work, it also allowes me to do a quick visual of all of the crap underneath the car/truck as well.
    Since I do it myself, I know that I am only using high quality oils and high quality filters.
    Now, I will give my little rant concerning Wal-Mart.
    I had aquired a small bass boat for free with crap tires on it.
    I was able to tow it to Wal-Mart (limp it) with the tires riding on the rims.
    When I asked them to mount new tires on the boat trailer. They refused.
    Finally, the manager told me that they did not have a jack strong enough to lift the boat and trailer.
    I pointed out that the entire combonation was around 700 LBS but, they would not budge.
    I ended up changing both tires myself in the parking lot of Wal-Mart.
    I did throw the old tires in the middle of the oil change lane just because I was irritated.

That's crazy since they have the same jacks and car lifts as a Discount Tire. Odd indeed.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've taken my car there several times an haven't had a problem.

I'd change the oil myself, but the difference buying the oil and filter isn't that much cheaper than having someone do it.
  • nikkolec
    nikkolec Posts: 204
    Options
    The US would be better off w/ out Walmart. I'll argue the hell out of this topic if you want.

I'll help you.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I don't take my cars to ANYONE for basic maintance.
    I will admit that I do have an advantage. I do have a "Toy Store" in West Palm where the hot rod gets parked and I have a lift there which makes changing the oil a whole lot easier but, when I do my own work, it also allowes me to do a quick visual of all of the crap underneath the car/truck as well.
    Since I do it myself, I know that I am only using high quality oils and high quality filters.
    Now, I will give my little rant concerning Wal-Mart.
    I had aquired a small bass boat for free with crap tires on it.
    I was able to tow it to Wal-Mart (limp it) with the tires riding on the rims.
    When I asked them to mount new tires on the boat trailer. They refused.
    Finally, the manager told me that they did not have a jack strong enough to lift the boat and trailer.
    I pointed out that the entire combonation was around 700 LBS but, they would not budge.
    I ended up changing both tires myself in the parking lot of Wal-Mart.
    I did throw the old tires in the middle of the oil change lane just because I was irritated.

That's crazy since they have the same jacks and car lifts as a Discount Tire. Odd indeed.
    And that is why I was so irritated.
    The floor jack can pick up my 7K Suburban but can't lift the wheel of a bass boat and trailer?
    It might have only been those couple of employees who were lazy but it gave me a bad taste.
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Showing respect not only means to fellow MFPers, but to people in general. You are certainly entitled to your thoughts about any company, but making generic statements about all the employees of any business is a bit much.

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Fish
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.