The Thin Treatment

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've gotten the same amount of attention from men (and been able to make friends with females) no matter what size I've been. At my lowest, about a size 0 my freshman year of college and at my highest, a size 14 a few months ago---made no difference. Literally none.

The only things I can take from that are 1. I've always carried myself the same way (head up, smile on my face, approachable), and 2. No matter what size I've been, I've always had bigger boobs since I was a senior in high school. I was that girl who basically hit puberty twice--once when I was 13, got my period and my first bra,and then when I was 17 it's like I suddenly had these hips and big breasts, went from a B cup to a D cup almost over night(even though I was teeny tiny elsewhere)...man to be 17 again...

HOWEVER, I DO think very overweight people are treated much more poorly in general than very thin people. I have never been extremely overweight (at my heaviest, people didn't even believe me when I told them what size I wear---I think I'm blessed with good proportions), nor have I ever been super underweight, so I wouldn't be able to give personal experience with the extremes.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Are women different? I’ve seen guys that weren’t the cutest or in the best shape be treated like they were scum by girls in school. Then if they buff up or “grow into their looks” those same girls were all of the sudden treating them nicer and being flirty.

My husband says it’s a survival instinct. We’re going to be attracted to the person that we feel we will have the best chance to procreate with because life must go on…he might have a point and I believe everyone’s entitled to have a preference with who they’re attracted to-but I don’t like hearing someone being treated like trash either.

Completely agree.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Fat chicks are not attractive. I also don't find sickly skinny chicks attractive either, but I'd take that over an over weight woman. But I'd pass on both options really. What you look like on the outside is a VERY quick read for how your brain works and I can quickly assess traits I am not interested in.

what a shallow jerk! I dont care if they lock the thread! the nerve of you... especially since you're not exactly small yourself...

sooo ignorant!
    Is he a shallow jerk? He was honest. I don't like super skinny guys and I don't like fat guys. I did a lot of visual judging when I was in the dating world before getting to know the person. Its human nature.

Because his comment was not necessary, and he worked in a way to come across as a shallow jerk, that is how. Especially because I have much hotter guy friends on my list (@Sean) That aren't even as judgmental.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Fat chicks are not attractive. I also don't find sickly skinny chicks attractive either, but I'd take that over an over weight woman. But I'd pass on both options really. What you look like on the outside is a VERY quick read for how your brain works and I can quickly assess traits I am not interested in.

Really? That's what you have to add? Pot.....Kettle.....
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    what a ****.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Another bloody over generalization thread....

/rolls his eyes and walks back out.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Oh, how I laughed when I saw your pic - the fine figure of a man that you are!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    HOWEVER, I DO think very overweight people are treated much more poorly in general than very thin people. I have never been extremely overweight (at my heaviest, people didn't even believe me when I told them what size I wear---I think I'm blessed with good proportions), nor have I ever been super underweight, so I wouldn't be able to give personal experience with the extremes.

Thank you for acknowledging this fact. People who've never been morbidly obese don't understand how differently the world works for those of us who are.
  • rosiejocotton
    Options
    Meh, I've never really been thin, but people treat me differently when I carry myself with confidence.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I was just melting down over this the other day!! All of the extra niceness and attention is VERY much to much...I still have a ways to go. Even my best guy friend, that I have known for years are falling over themselves...asking me out...I had 5 invites for this weekend alone. I have been a single mom for 10 yrs and have been asked out twice...

So yes...I completely understand..More people smile, men hold the door open now...dont get me wrong...I am very pleased with all of the hard work that I have done and want the compliments...I guess my brain just hasn't caught up yet.

Nice post! Thank you!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    To all you guys who have stood up for us "too fat" or "too skinny" girls regarding what BuckeyeLife posted, Thank you! :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    naw you just notice people more when your hungery
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

So what gives?
    Does society really treat thin people differently?

Yes.

It's called the "Halo Effect."

In many ways I am glad I grew up as a fat kid. It gave me a sense of humanity which I may never have had if I grew up slim.
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options

Really? That's what you have to add? Pot.....Kettle.....

Agreed. My mind cannot fathom the other kinds of thoughts that must go through your head...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    naw you just notice people more when your hungery

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

WTH.jpg
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options

I hear ya..because nothing turns me off faster than seeing a man with big ole titties!!!

Oh..damn..sorry dude...I wasn't talkin about YOUR BIG OLE TITTIES...just men in general, with big ole titties like yours.

Idiot :-/
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    To the guy who said fat chicks are not attractive....

weight-stereotyping.jpg

I don't know about anyone else but in my opinion YOU are not attractive for posting this. I'm thin, which means I am vain and *****y? Well, excuse me but you're a b*tch.

I hope that was sarcasm, or else you just proved the picture right.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I'm always amused by threads like these...people getting so worked up defending one extreme or the other.

That being said, the 'shirtless guys' and 'celebrity crushes' threads wouldn't be the same if all the guys you women post and drool over were 40lbs heavier.....................................................................................................................................................................

So who treats who differently?.

:smokin:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

You know what?

At least you are honest and know what you want.

I don't share your views but at least if you are straight forward with people it gives them sufficient information to know if they want to continue to interact with you or not...
This discussion has been closed.