The Thin Treatment

Options

Replies

• WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Fat chicks are not attractive. I also don't find sickly skinny chicks attractive either, but I'd take that over an over weight woman. But I'd pass on both options really. What you look like on the outside is a VERY quick read for how your brain works and I can quickly assess traits I am not interested in.

douchecanoe.jpg

Let's all take a step back and marvel over this picture.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Do a spot another man hating thread in disguise? :o
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    HOWEVER, I DO think very overweight people are treated much more poorly in general than very thin people. I have never been extremely overweight (at my heaviest, people didn't even believe me when I told them what size I wear---I think I'm blessed with good proportions), nor have I ever been super underweight, so I wouldn't be able to give personal experience with the extremes.

Thank you for acknowledging this fact. People who've never been morbidly obese don't understand how differently the world works for those of us who are.

This is true. But have you seen/heard the way thin people are spoken to here? It's atrocious sometimes. Take the man earlier stating his opinion about fat women. Blasted for it. He doesn't like skinny girls either. Where's the crap for that one? Men can have their preferences and whatever to that. To each their own. Women, on the other hand, are nasty as hell towards each other and themselves. I've noticed really interesting trends on MFP. It's not okay to insult fat people, skinny people shouldn't have anything to complain about. Both are wrong. Too fat, too thin, too much makeup, too plain, too slutty, too shy, too aggressive, a door mat....WTF? A woman walking her journey to be the happiest girl she can be should be respected. Sometimes we catch people in the middle of their struggle...what an awful snapshot that is. If everyone judged me based upon that time in my life and I was/could never be anything more than that I would be crushed. We're amazing creatures capable bearing tremendous burdens with grace and dignity. Respect and appreciate that about each other instead of judging on a snapshot. We're the only ones who can claim our worth. If we begin to treat each other like the fantastic beings we are, we could take over the world.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

No - you spot one *kitten* and a bunch of people calling him out on it.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I'm always amused by threads like these...people getting so worked up defending one extreme or the other.

That being said, the 'shirtless guys' and 'celebrity crushes' threads wouldn't be the same if all the guys you women post and drool over were 40lbs heavier.....................................................................................................................................................................

So who treats who differently?.

:smokin:
    Are blonds treated differently than brunettes? Are short people treated differently than tall people? Are people treated differently because of the color of their skin or their religion? Are people treated differently because of how they dress? Yeah, guys and girls that are overweight or obese are treated differently by SOME people. Not all. Do people have to be total pricks about it? No.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Fat chicks are not attractive. I also don't find sickly skinny chicks attractive either, but I'd take that over an over weight woman. But I'd pass on both options really. What you look like on the outside is a VERY quick read for how your brain works and I can quickly assess traits I am not interested in.

what a shallow jerk! I dont care if they lock the thread! the nerve of you... especially since you're not exactly small yourself...

sooo ignorant!
    Is he a shallow jerk? He was honest. I don't like super skinny guys and I don't like fat guys. I did a lot of visual judging when I was in the dating world before getting to know the person. Its human nature.

Yeah I dont read Jerk either. Its true and that is why everyone is on this site, to get thinner and healthier...so lets be real.
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options

You know what?

At least you are honest and know what you want.

I don't share your views but at least if you are straight forward with people it gives them sufficient information to know if they want to continue to interact with you or not...

I don't think it was that he "knows what he wants", it's that he's not a piece of eye candy himself, so him saying that he doesn't find fat or skinny women attractive was, as another poster put it, the pot calling the kettle black.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    This is why so many would DIE to be THIN.

They would do anything to be thin.
    Take pills to be thin
    Puke to be thin
    Stop eating all together to be thin
    Go under the knife to be thin

And then people bash these folks because of what they DO to be thin.

It's a dog eat dog world.... the only way to win is to be thin. That's how some people think, more people than you'll ever know about.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options

what a shallow jerk! I dont care if they lock the thread! the nerve of you... especially since you're not exactly small yourself...

sooo ignorant!

ABSOLUTELY!! Thank you for saying it so well!! Except maybe adding that he is an @ss!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    HOWEVER, I DO think very overweight people are treated much more poorly in general than very thin people. I have never been extremely overweight (at my heaviest, people didn't even believe me when I told them what size I wear---I think I'm blessed with good proportions), nor have I ever been super underweight, so I wouldn't be able to give personal experience with the extremes.

Thank you for acknowledging this fact. People who've never been morbidly obese don't understand how differently the world works for those of us who are.

This is true. But have you seen/heard the way thin people are spoken to here? It's atrocious sometimes. Take the man earlier stating his opinion about fat women. Blasted for it. He doesn't like skinny girls either. Where's the crap for that one? Men can have their preferences and whatever to that. To each their own. Women, on the other hand, are nasty as hell towards each other and themselves. I've noticed really interesting trends on MFP. It's not okay to insult fat people, skinny people shouldn't have anything to complain about. Both are wrong. Too fat, too thin, too much makeup, too plain, too slutty, too shy, too aggressive, a door mat....WTF? A woman walking her journey to be the happiest girl she can be should be respected. Sometimes we catch people in the middle of their struggle...what an awful snapshot that is. If everyone judged me based upon that time in my life and I was/could never be anything more than that I would be crushed. We're amazing creatures capable bearing tremendous burdens with grace and dignity. Respect and appreciate that about each other instead of judging on a snapshot. We're the only ones who can claim our worth. If we begin to treat each other like the fantastic beings we are, we could take over the world.

Actually - you are making an assumption that he was only being blasted for the fat comment. However, that being said, he made a statement as 'fact' re fat girls and an opinion about skinny girls. It was worded much more harshly re fat girls.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

AMEN SISTER.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

sooo ignorant!

I'm not agreeing with him, but he's stating his truth.
    And I'm more likely to date a man that doesn't weigh the same as two people combined.
    This does not make me ignorant, it means that my preferences are different from yours. And I prefer a man on the same path as I am on, not one that can't keep up with me.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options

It looks like there may or may not be some woman hating action.

Here's my take. I was really fat once. I had boyfriends, and they found me attractive. I'm fairly thin now. I've only been with one man since being this thin. I absolutely get treated differently by people in public, but as far as men/women go, I had admirers when I was my heaviest and my lightest (that sounds awful and vain, but I'm trying to illustrate my point). So, yeah, some men/women like men/women who are any size. Some don't. Isn't that the beauty of perception and preconceived notions? To be REALLY honest, I get **** for being thin a lot more than I got **** for being fat.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Interesting.

Whether you are fat or skinny, you character and personality needs to shine.

I get plenty of attention now being overweight and no more/less then when I'm smaller. I smile a lot, talk to everyone, joke with anyone, and have a good fricken time everywhere I go.

I feel like everyone reads into this shiznit way too deep. FFS...some people are also just friendly, like men who hold open doors or help you carry things at the store (happens a lot around where I am). I don't have a huge issue with the women like what the OP speaks of because the women I surround myself with are strong and confident and don't need to idealize anyone else. That's just silly.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't know...but for ME..I get treated really well...and I am pleasingly plump. I think it has more to do with the person's personality and confidence, rather than one's weight.

People are just naturally drawn to happy, confident people...rather than shy, quiet people, or people with low self esteem.

Smile more....appear happy..be confident...whether you're slender..or meaty :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kandilaw
    kandilaw Posts: 1
    Options
    I know the thin treatment all too well. Men and women are much nicer to me when I am thin and wear fitted clothing, however when I am thicker and I wear baggy clothes, nobody notices me. Most people don't even make eye contact I just fade into the back ground. I do however wonder if it's because when I am thinner I am more out going.
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Shallow Hal movie anyone?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

sooo ignorant!
    Is he a shallow jerk? He was honest. I don't like super skinny guys and I don't like fat guys. I did a lot of visual judging when I was in the dating world before getting to know the person. Its human nature.

Yeah I dont read Jerk either. Its true and that is why everyone is on this site, to get thinner and healthier...so lets be real.

A comment like 'Fat girls are not attractive' is very different than, "I prefer thinner girls' or "I find thinner girls more attractive"
  • BetterWithAge
    BetterWithAge Posts: 693
    Options
    When I was thin, I was treated WAY differently. I would get honked at when I walked down the street (always). Jobs were easier to get, but harder to keep when the boss hit on me. I would catch men looking at me in mirrors or in reflections of glass, it was creepy. Women would talk about me behind my back (nothing ever nice). I had a good friends husband hit on me, I have been followed a couple of times and without a couple of guardian angels was almost gang raped. When I became fat, I became invisible... And it was welcomed. Sad, I know, but true and I have been able to live my life without fear. I have been fat for a long time now and am much wiser now than when I was thin (and older too). I do not think I will receive the same attention as I did back then. I look forward to being thin this time.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options

I hear ya..because nothing turns me off faster than seeing a man with big ole titties!!!

Oh..damn..sorry dude...I wasn't talkin about YOUR BIG OLE TITTIES...just men in general, with big ole titties like yours.

Idiot :-/

This! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.