• cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    It's great you walk with confidence.

Thank you! :)
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Is it strange that even though I am not yet at my goal weight I am still confident when it comes to my body?
    I am 5'8, 153lbs, size 8. So yes, I'm tall and I'm not stick thin.
    I realize that a lot of people, before reaching goal weight, are not confident when it comes to their bodies. Some people even think it's wrong to be my size and confident about my body. I've actually been "hit on" more than once in stores and public places, even though I'm still this size. I know a lot of people think that unless a woman is Size X( or whatever they prefer), they should lose weight. So what do you think, honestly? Is it wrong for me to be confident and dress confidently, despite being a (commonly-referred-to-as) "bigger" size?

~thanks~

WRONG of you? According to your marker, you've lost 110 pounds. Sounds to me like you have 'fat girl syndrome' in a different form than what I'm used to, where you don't think you deserve to be confident. Of course you do! You are in a very healthy weight range for your height, and I bet you look amazing. Size 8 is just fine, i'm pretty sure that's what the victoria secret models wear. ;) I'd say embrace your new body, you definitely deserve it. I'd be very confident if I were you.
  • cm1458
    Options
    Is it strange that even though I am not yet at my goal weight I am still confident when it comes to my body?
    I realize that a lot of people, before reaching goal weight, are not confident when it comes to their bodies. Some people even think it's wrong to be my size and confident about my body. I've actually been "hit on" more than once in stores and public places, even though I'm still this size. I know a lot of people think that unless a woman is Size X( or whatever they prefer), they should lose weight. So what do you think, honestly? Is it wrong for me to be confident and dress confidently, despite being a (commonly-referred-to-as) "bigger" size?

~thanks~

WRONG of you? According to your marker, you've lost 110 pounds. Sounds to me like you have 'fat girl syndrome' in a different form than what I'm used to, where you don't think you deserve to be confident. Of course you do! You are in a very healthy weight range for your height, and I bet you look amazing. Size 8 is just fine, i'm pretty sure that's what the victoria secret models wear. ;) I'd say embrace your new body, you definitely deserve it. I'd be very confident if I were you.

Over the past 17 months I have lost 110. I've been told about "fat girl syndrome" by my sister, aunt, friends, and a few of my other family members. I guess you're right :) thank you so much.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    confidence is what is sexy. you go girl :)
  • cm1458
    Options
    confidence is what is sexy. you go girl :)
    Thank you ;D
  • ciaraconklin
    Options
    No that's good!
  • cm1458
    Options
    No that's good!
    Thank you!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think confidence make people more beautiful. Regardless of their physical traits.

Absolutely true.
  • cm1458
    Options
    Iwin003-001.jpg

Iwin002.jpg

This is me in my old pants. :) so much of a difference from size 24 to size 8! couldn't have done it without MFP!!!

Ive resized them 3 times, and they keep appearing the same size, so to see the full images, here are the
    Direct photobucket links:
    Iwin003-001.jpg

Iwin002.jpg
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options

~thanks~

FYI - I just now saw your photos, you are NOT a bigger girl!!! You look great!!! Whoever called you a bigger girl obviously prefers skin and bones, people were not meant to have 0% body fat! You are doing wonderfully
  • cm1458
    Options

~thanks~

FYI - I just now saw your photos, you are NOT a bigger girl!!! You look great!!! Whoever called you a bigger girl obviously prefers skin and bones, people were not meant to have 0% body fat! You are doing wonderfully

Thanks a ton!! :flowerforyou:
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am currently a size 11. I like to walk around my house with no shirt on, just because I like to look at how far I have come. Its wonderful to be confident, even if we aren't "perfect." There is no problem with being confident.
  • cm1458
    Options
    I am currently a size 11. I like to walk around my house with no shirt on, just because I like to look at how far I have come. Its wonderful to be confident, even if we aren't "perfect." There is no problem with being confident.

That is great. thank you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!