Options

Replies

• jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Dammit... I want a vote for me!

I've been playing D&D since I was 8
    First video game played was Zork
    I've read WoT, LOTR, Hitchhiker, Magic of Recluce, and hundreds if not thousands of other geek books.
    I've been building computers since I was 12
    I collect comics (yes I know who Jack Kirby is)
    I have a "boomstick" tattoo, a hello kitty tattoo, and a girl wearing an NES as a bikini as a tattoo...

:-P
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I know I hit the nerd quals

<--- I mean looka that avatar

and that ticker
    |
    v

^
    |
    and that name.

So I guess I just don't meet the "hot" quals. :sad:
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I know I hit the nerd quals

<--- I mean looka that avatar

and that ticker
    |
    v

^
    |
    and that name.

So I guess I just don't meet the "hot" quals. :sad:

Well, David Tennant's sorta hot. ;)
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    1. My mom
    2. Christine
    3. determinedbutlazy
    4. krakensdaughter
    5. librarygoddess
    6. My nature nerd stabby friend whose privacy I value too much to name
    7. some others I'm not certain would cotton to being called geeks. I'll get back to you.

Oh my goodness someone put my name down. How cool is that! Thank you thank you.
  • librarygoddess2
    Options
    I definitely think _Christine_ gets my vote since I can't vote for myself. However, now I have a whole list of other sexy Geek/Nerds to become friends with! DFTBA! I accept all manner of friend requests but I especially like naughty boys. LOL
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    1. My mom
    2. Christine
    3. determinedbutlazy
    4. krakensdaughter
    5. librarygoddess
    7. some others I'm not certain would cotton to being called geeks. I'll get back to you.

Beastette is pretty cool. :)
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Is there an amateur category? I own Puerto Rico, Killer Bunnies, Killer Bunnies and the quest for Jupiter, Bohnanza, Ticket to Ride, El Grande, Die Macher, Diplomacy, **runs to game shelf** Stratego, 3 backgammon boards...
    An XBOX 360, XBOX, Wii, GameCube, Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, Commodore VIC20.

B.S. in Management Information Systems.
    Code: Java, Javascript, php, Ajax, VB.

And I was a scholarship college athlete, so not even a real nerd :P
  • librarygoddess2
    Options
    1. My mom
    2. Christine
    3. determinedbutlazy
    4. krakensdaughter
    5. librarygoddess

Beastette is pretty cool. :)

She is isn't she! God I know a lot of hot chicks. I think I should show more boob shots if I wanted votes though. LOL.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    *snip*

God I know a lot of hot chicks. I think I should show more boob shots if I wanted votes though. LOL.

That's my problem! I'm not showing enough cleavage to get votes! :ohwell:
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I play WoW everyday, I have the original nintendo, supernintendo, xbox, xbox 360, ps3 and atari ^-^
  • xRagster
    xRagster Posts: 27
    Options
    Sweeeeeeeet two votes. But I honestly give my votes to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm nominating myself! I'm a history nerd, work at GameStop and go to the library for fun. Do I win?
  • StirFriedGiblets
    Options
    Where's this Geek Squid people keep talking bout? I really wanna hunt down anyone, ANYONE who likes the band The Protomen. Seriously that'll be my number one achievement in life, I only know my boyfriend and I who have heard of/love them. :laugh:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Where's this Geek Squid people keep talking bout? I really wanna hunt down anyone, ANYONE who likes the band The Protomen. Seriously that'll be my number one achievement in life, I only know my boyfriend and I who have heard of/love them. :laugh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squid

Join and find bliss... or at least some geeks.
  • librarygoddess2
    Options
    I'm nominating myself! I'm a history nerd, work at GameStop and go to the library for fun. Do I win?

Well anyone who spends time in the library just for fun has my vote. But I might be Bias!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

Yay for going to the library for fun. My wife always tells people that she doesn't have to worry about where I am if she doesn't know... because it's not a strip club, it's the bookstore. And she's not wrong...
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    <
    check this girl's nerd stats...

1) Teaches poetry and literary analysis to middle school students

2) Enters Pokémon VG tournaments (and has a Victini tattoo)

3) Owns a vast collection of Legos

4) Has NEVER had a FB page :noway:

5) Thinks Jeff Corwin and Stephen Colbert are freaking AWESOME!

6) Cannot shoot a basket to save her life (unless it's with a gun:bigsmile:)

7) Took a J.R.R. Tolkien course in college.

8) Believes that Mario Kart, 9-ball, and Texas Hold 'Em are "sports"

9) Thinks Halloween is the best holiday ever created!!
  • librarygoddess2
    Options

Yay for going to the library for fun. My wife always tells people that she doesn't have to worry about where I am if she doesn't know... because it's not a strip club, it's the bookstore. And she's not wrong...

I don't know.. there are some pretty sexy librarian's out there... ;-) Some of us might also like to dance.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    <
    check this girl's nerd stats...

1) Teaches poetry and literary analysis to middle school students

2) Enters Pokémon VG tournaments (and has a Victini tattoo)

3) Owns a vast collection of Legos

4) Has NEVER had a FB page :noway:

5) Thinks Jeff Corwin and Stephen Colbert are freaking AWESOME!

6) Cannot shoot a basket to save her life (unless it's with a gun:bigsmile:)

7) Took a J.R.R. Tolkien course in college.

8) Believes that Mario Kart, 9-ball, and Texas Hold 'Em are "sports"

9) Thinks Halloween is the best holiday ever created!!

Can very much related to most of this!!! Yes the Geek/Nerd community is very well represented in this thread.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    LOL yeah and im such a "civil servant" that I consider it my duties to the community to back these books up without charging them for the considerable drive space I sacrifice for it .

Amazon says this about the book
    Indiana‚ 1818. Moonlight falls through the dense woods that surround a one-room cabin where a nine-year-old Abraham Lincoln kneels at his dying mother's bedside. Only later will the grieving Abe learn that his mother's fatal affliction was actually the work of a vampire. Gifted with his legendary height‚ strength‚ and skill with an ax‚ Abe sets out on a path of vengeance that will lead him all the way to the White House.

Basically Abe discovers that the whole civil war was started secretly by the vampires so they can keep thier slave "feeding stock" and works his way into the presidency to stop it

That does actually sound pretty cool, I thought it was a comedy at first :laugh:

But in the Sookie stackhouse series they bring Elvis back from the dead, not sure why they left it out true blood.... That's why all the Elvis sightings because the changed him when he was half dead and just isn't right in the head anymore .. LOL