Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    *I own a $50 box set, costume, graphic novel and rather large action figure - V for Vendetta merch. Also married on Nov. 3th 2009! :3

The only reason my boyfriend ever remembers that it's my birthday is because of V for Vendetta. It's November 5
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    did i miss the elements that make one a nerd? if its computers, spreadsheets, and comics...then I might have a chance. :laugh:
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options

Real l33t techs like me don't need "certificates" ;) I use em' to wrap birthday presents!

Oh and I'm a Cisco CCNA ...BAM!

Hey! I WRITE certification courses and exams - does that qualify?

Former developer and DBA turned Learning Manager - making the world geekier one learner at a time! :smile:
    MS Information Technology
    22+ years in software dev
    and I think I read every classic sci-fi novel in print by the time I was 14 (Asimov, Clarke, Hubbard, etc)
  • SinuousNihilist
    Options
    In high school, we had a reading team. You read that right. A READING TEAM. We had to read 20 books, memorize facts, characters, etc....and then go answer questions in competition with other high schools.

Guess what? Our team took STATE.

I can haz some win? :3
  • SinuousNihilist
    Options
    *I own a $50 box set, costume, graphic novel and rather large action figure - V for Vendetta merch. Also married on Nov. 3th 2009! :3

The only reason my boyfriend ever remembers that it's my birthday is because of V for Vendetta. It's November 5

DID I SERIOUSLY TYPE 3TH?! 5th* And hot damn, that is a fine birthday, if I do say so myself!
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I guess only having ONE bookshelf full of books puts me out of the running for sexy ... I have a couple hundred in audiobook format.. Does that count a little?:ohwell:
  • StirFriedGiblets
    Options
    I guess only having ONE bookshelf full of books puts me out of the running for sexy ... I have a couple hundred in audiobook format.. Does that count a little?:ohwell:

I think it does, twit twoo! :flowerforyou: the last audiobook I had was Di.ck-King Smith's Sophie series a loonngg time ago when cassettes were still used haha.

On the topic of bookcases how do you guys organise your books? I like to do mine by genre :smile: Only problem is I have to take the dust covers off - I know it defeats the object of having them but I like to store them separately in a folder because I'm terrified one day I'll go to get a book of the shelf and I'll accidentally rip them! :laugh:
  • StirFriedGiblets
    Options
    In high school, we had a reading team. You read that right. A READING TEAM. We had to read 20 books, memorize facts, characters, etc....and then go answer questions in competition with other high schools.

That is honestly the most awesome thing I have ever heard!! What's your favourite book then?
  • darkknightfan
    Options

I think it does, twit twoo! :flowerforyou: the last audiobook I had was Di.ck-King Smith's Sophie series a loonngg time ago when cassettes were still used haha.

On the topic of bookcases how do you guys organise your books? I like to do mine by genre :smile: Only problem is I have to take the dust covers off - I know it defeats the object of having them but I like to store them separately in a folder because I'm terrified one day I'll go to get a book of the shelf and I'll accidentally rip them! :laugh:

I "borrow" mine from the library and make an "offsite backup copy" should the library ever burn down or something catastrophic like that happen ... I just finished Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.... VERY GOOD BOOK!
  • StirFriedGiblets
    Options
    I "borrow" mine from the library and make an "offsite backup copy" should the library ever burn down or something catastrophic like that happen ... I just finished Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.... VERY GOOD BOOK!

Haha! Good plan and when an event like that happens you can come to the rescue and be hailed as audiobook God by the library xD

Is it really? I'm not sure whether it'd be my kind of thing. I guess the title is sort of self-explanatory but would you be able to tell me the general plot - without spoilers ofc :smile:
  • darkknightfan
    Options

Haha! Good plan and when an event like that happens you can come to the rescue and be hailed as audiobook God by the library xD

Is it really? I'm not sure whether it'd be my kind of thing. I guess the title is sort of self-explanatory but would you be able to tell me the general plot - without spoilers ofc :smile:

LOL yeah and im such a "civil servant" that I consider it my duties to the community to back these books up without charging them for the considerable drive space I sacrifice for it .

Amazon says this about the book
    Indiana‚ 1818. Moonlight falls through the dense woods that surround a one-room cabin where a nine-year-old Abraham Lincoln kneels at his dying mother's bedside. Only later will the grieving Abe learn that his mother's fatal affliction was actually the work of a vampire. Gifted with his legendary height‚ strength‚ and skill with an ax‚ Abe sets out on a path of vengeance that will lead him all the way to the White House.

Basically Abe discovers that the whole civil war was started secretly by the vampires so they can keep thier slave "feeding stock" and works his way into the presidency to stop it
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    did i miss the elements that make one a nerd? if its computers, spreadsheets, and comics...then I might have a chance. :laugh:

Oh yeah! I hope so because computers and spreadsheets are a big part of my nerd cred.
  • StirFriedGiblets
    Options
    LOL yeah and im such a "civil servant" that I consider it my duties to the community to back these books up without charging them for the considerable drive space I sacrifice for it .

Indiana‚ 1818. Moonlight falls through the dense woods that surround a one-room cabin where a nine-year-old Abraham Lincoln kneels at his dying mother's bedside. Only later will the grieving Abe learn that his mother's fatal affliction was actually the work of a vampire. Gifted with his legendary height‚ strength‚ and skill with an ax‚ Abe sets out on a path of vengeance that will lead him all the way to the White House.

Basically Abe discovers that the whole civil war was started secretly by the vampires so they can keep thier slave "feeding stock" and works his way into the presidency to stop it

That does actually sound pretty cool, I thought it was a comedy at first :laugh:
  • darkknightfan
    Options

That does actually sound pretty cool, I thought it was a comedy at first :laugh:

The authors name is Seth Graeme-Smith (sp?) .. Hes written a couple other books.. Pride, Prejudice and Zombies and Unholy Night .. I have Pride Prejudice and Zombies .. Just havnt started listening to it .. The Unholy Night JUST came out ..

Feel free to add me if you want !
  • xRagster
    xRagster Posts: 27
    Options
    I just graduated with a B.Sc. in Computer Science, I program for a hobby and I have an Android app lol. Oh and I finally got in to watching Game of Thrones ahhh love it!
  • SinuousNihilist
    Options

That is honestly the most awesome thing I have ever heard!! What's your favourite book then?

Currently? The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I just graduated with a B.Sc. in Computer Science, I program for a hobby and I have an Android app lol. Oh and I finally got in to watching Game of Thrones ahhh love it!

Your suit is sexy. I nominate you! :love:
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Ditto to that!
  • xRagster
    xRagster Posts: 27
    Options

Ditto to that!

Thanks! You both made my day lol :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options