This is hilarious! awesome topic :happy:
  • BlowYourMind
    BlowYourMind Posts: 162
    Options
    I"m such a nerd, lol!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    For starters, you have to agree with the following...

579374_335532096507123_180849658642035_911529_268354834_a.jpg
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    keyboard commands or mouse clicks..

<<<< total keyboard / command line junkie
    Agreed. I often miss DOS.

My first computer was DOS only. Kids today will never understand the joke C:\DOS\RUN. :ohwell:

I prefer the keyboard and shortcuts to the mouse anyday.

oh the DOS days.. I grew up on Windows 3.11... I remember HATING windows 95 when it came out ..
    I prided myself on never having to touch the damn mouse. Good times...
    Me too!! I still use try to do things without the mouse.
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    oh and i believe that vampires shouldn't sparkle!
    Finally!
    Another female whose world does not revolve around a scrawny sparkly vampire and all the teenage angst that follows him around!
    I couldn't even get thru the first chapter. And I gave it a try. I even tried to watch the movie, hoping it would be a little easier on my stomach. Nope. Not better.

Ugh, why would you even attempt it? :sick: I haven't even picked up a book or movie that involves sparkling of any kind, especially of the vampire persuasion. Nosferatu would kick those Twilight freaks' *kitten*!.
    I had to try. I figured "If this many people like it, it can't be all bad right?" Plus I worked in a book store at the time and they wanted us to be able to recommend stuff to customers. So we had to be well rounded in our knowledge. I didn't know about the sparkling stuff until later. Glad I didn't actually buy the book. And I totally agree with whole "vampires should be dark" comment. Hello? Interview with a vampire... Lost Boys... even Blade! I understand taking liberties with your writing but come on. You can't completely reinvent a species that everyone has come to understand like that! If you want to change it that much, create a whole new creature. That's what I did with my books. Come on people! Use your flippin imagination! Ok I'm done with my rant now. :happy:
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to write down names and send friend requests. Carry on.

LOL, me too!! AS you were....
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt say im hot.
    But as my biggest hobbies are building computers and playing pc and xbox games, iv been called a geek by everyone i'v ever met..
    But if you want to see me talking about computers and make up your own mind, heres the link ->>.. tastypc.tv
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of being a geek!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to write down names and send friend requests. Carry on.

lol This!!
  • SinuousNihilist
    Options
    *I own a $50 box set, costume, graphic novel and rather large action figure - V for Vendetta merch. Also married on Nov. 3th 2009! :3
    *I have a Mr. Manhattan, Rorschach, Who Watches The Watchmen? poster, graphic novel and $60 box set - Watchmen merch.
    *Batman is my kind of hero.
    *FOR THE HORDE!
    *I own nearly every Final Fantasy game + movie known to man. Even for GB.
    *I've beat Skyrim. Is that enough?
    *I love Harry Potter and loathe Twilight. My name being Stephanie Myers only adds insult to injury.
    *Love to read and studying to become a middle school Literature teacher.
    *I've worked at an outdoor laser tag field. The kind you get all camo'd up for and run around shooting people with a war cry.
    *Glasses. Yup.

Feel free to add me ;)
  • fels123
    fels123 Posts: 44
    Options
    I had to try. I figured "If this many people like it, it can't be all bad right?" Plus I worked in a book store at the time and they wanted us to be able to recommend stuff to customers. So we had to be well rounded in our knowledge. I didn't know about the sparkling stuff until later. Glad I didn't actually buy the book. And I totally agree with whole "vampires should be dark" comment. Hello? Interview with a vampire... Lost Boys... even Blade! I understand taking liberties with your writing but come on. You can't completely reinvent a species that everyone has come to understand like that! If you want to change it that much, create a whole new creature. That's what I did with my books. Come on people! Use your flippin imagination! Ok I'm done with my rant now. :happy:

Interview with a Vampire? Come one...that was AWFUL.
  • heberlonghurst
    Options
    Can I nominate myself? Would that be nerdy?
  • heberlonghurst
    Options
    Or do I need to give my nerd credentials? Read over 20,000 pages per year! Work all day with Excel and VBA (financial modling). Working on a PhD, graduate level instructor. I love philosophy and physics jokes. Big fan of the Hitchickers' Guide to the Galaxy! Chess player (look for me on gameknot dot com as Arkad01). I am also fluent in three languages!
  • SinuousNihilist
    Options
    Ive written fan fiction about Firefly/Serenity

YOU WIN.
  • BlowYourMind
    BlowYourMind Posts: 162
    Options
    I gotta win this one.

I come with Pi...

I almost had coffee out my nose with this one and since PI made me giggle so much either you win or I nominate myself because apparently I too am a sexy geek :)

Yay for geeks! There's really only one thing to do at a time like this...

466.gif
    Favorite movie! Love the song Napoleon dances to because I love Jamiroquai!!
  • beelzebubbles
    Options
    Star Trek any series except or Enterprise. Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein etc. Not a geek just a nerd. My home has unsightly book build up and I read five books a week.
  • beelzebubbles
    Options
    Are there any Ayn Rand or Heinlein geeks around?

That would be me circa 1980.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ahaha, I think I'm more of a dork.

Also, to quote my best friend " You're far too stupid to be as nerdy as you are."

And "...It's a good thing you're pretty." from more than one of my teachers. So y'know, mixed messages.

But. but, I love star wars. And I have crazy ( bordering on scary) fact retention skills.

Can I qualify?
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Book shelves are wall to wall in my home office, at last count I have over 780 books

As long as that does not include Twilight, I find this to be sexy.
  • beelzebubbles
    Options
    i also just got my first cell phone last year. own 1 tv. dont have cable. the list goes on and on and on. im what you call? techno amish!!:laugh:

You are not a nerd or a geek. You are more of an ex-Luddite. I still have luddite tendencies as a still don't have a cell phone.