Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Options

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Oh, and as a bonus, my senior paper in high school was on the difference in writing styles and "voice" between fantasy and science fiction.

Add Asimov and Heinlein and HG Wells to my list of favorites too :P

Oh, and Bradbury, really the list is endless.

My dissertation at university was on comic books as an art form.
    Currently watching Farscape, while rereading Clash of Kings :smile:
    Love me some David Eddings, Robert Jordan (I have a wheel of time tattoo), Brandon Sanderson, Jaqueline Carey etc etc.Used to work in a bookshop, I miss the freebies
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Okay, there is hope for me. This is my kind of thread! There may be few geekier and cuter than I.

And for those who disagree, I say, "EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to write down names and send friend requests. Carry on.

Bahahaha! ME TOO!!

(tapping fingers patiently waiting for the invite) :laugh:
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm happy that the ability to quote Princess Bride and Monty Python's Holy Grail haven't been mentioned. It makes me think this entire thread is full of people who consider those basic skills, like being able to brush their teeth and walk upright.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I'm happy that the ability to quote Princess Bride and Monty Python's Holy Grail haven't been mentioned. It makes me think this entire thread is full of people who consider those basic skills, like being able to brush their teeth and walk upright.

yep, that's a given
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

Duh, of course they are. It's inconceivable you think otherwise. :yawn:

And I should add, "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options

yep, that's a given

Ni
  • darkknightfan
    Options

Duh, of course they are. It's inconceivable you think otherwise. :yawn:

And I should add, "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

and you KNOW that "there is no spoon"
  • alapoint89
    alapoint89 Posts: 632
    Options
    geeknix
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    and you KNOW that "there is no spoon"

Bonus points if when you say that it's reference to Dog Soldiers instead of The Matrix
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    read the entire LOTR trilogy in 4 days
    played dungeon siege: legends of Arana for 3 day solid only stopping to eat and sleep and get twixbars from the 7/11
    played D&D for 13 hrs while 8 months pregnant, lol
    went to an adult halloween party as the bride, form kill bill complete with katana and yellow jumpsuit and my chinese room mate that went as o-ren in a white kimono
    went larping multiple times
    i know how to crochet since i was 6 lol
    have seen so many movies i have lost count, including the likes of lobsterman from outerspace and anamalia, and eraserhead
    took ancient greek in university
    own way more costumes than i care to admit
    played zombies! during new years with friends
    inTelevision is the bomb! night stalker, utopia, snafu, pitfall, astro smash, etc
    oh and i believe that vampires shouldn't sparkle!
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Han Solo shot first...stupid remakes
  • darkknightfan
    Options
    oh and i believe that vampires shouldn't sparkle!

Can we be friends ? :laugh:
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Han Solo Shot ONLY!

/comicbookstoreguy off
  • darkknightfan
    Options
    for the guys ? how many of you found that had alot more hot gal "friends" right around finals time or when that teach assigned that huge term paper ?
  • jdploki70
    Options
    for the guys ? how many of you found that had alot more hot gal "friends" right around finals time or when that teach assigned that huge term paper ?
    I was very popular right around "project time"...
  • jdploki70
    Options

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Han Solo Shot ONLY!

/comicbookstoreguy off
    And yes, since Greedo died pretty much instantly, that sort of goes without saying. I saw the original Star Wars in the theater when I was 7, making it my second movie ever seen, right after Bambi (who was a boy, by the way...)
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Rene DesCartes was on a plane (work with me.)

The flight attendant asked if he would like something to drink.

He responded "I think not," and disappeared.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Okay, I don't know if I am the sexiest geek, but I am definitely a geek.

Star Wars (Original 3 only). I can quote Yoda on demand.

LOTR-Every time I pour a glass of water, I picture that scene where Galadriel is pouring water in the fountain so Frodo can see the future. "I saw what you saw.This is what will happen if you fail at your task..."

Star Trek: Red Shirts..

Star Trek TNG: Wesley Crusher was my first crush. *sigh*

The Goonies: Truffle Shuffle

Chronicles of Narnia: I read these books so much that they fell apart.

Sailor Moon: When I was in HS & College I was a huge Sailor Moon fan. I had the episodes (uncut and captioned) on VHS, I had the moon wand, a backpack, the CD's, etc.... I was such an idiot after college. I threw most of it out when I joined this crazy church (legalistic christians that said anything but the bible was bad) and then when I got my senses back and left that church I regretted it. I threw out so much of my stuff and while I have replaced most of it, the sailor moon stuff is probably irreplaceable. Learned my lesson.
  • twkelly
    twkelly Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Star Trek TNG: Wesley Crusher was my first crush. *sigh*

Wesley??? Come on, seriously? He was the most hated ST:TNG character ever.