Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Options

Replies

• jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options

Sailor Moon: When I was in HS & College I was a huge Sailor Moon fan. I had the episodes (uncut and captioned) on VHS, I had the moon wand, a backpack, the CD's, etc.... I was such an idiot after college. I threw most of it out when I joined this crazy church (legalistic christians that said anything but the bible was bad) and then when I got my senses back and left that church I regretted it. I threw out so much of my stuff and while I have replaced most of it, the sailor moon stuff is probably irreplaceable. Learned my lesson.

lizzybethclaire with the Sailor Moon gear for the win!!!
  • twkelly
    twkelly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    you guys should check out graphicaudio.net... specifically the DC comics section .. Awesome "audio dramas" (not audio books there IS a difference). Ive either listened to or **AHEM** "acquired" almost all of them..

Share?
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    oh and i believe that vampires shouldn't sparkle!
    Finally! Another female whose world does not revolve around a scrawny sparkly vampire and all the teenage angst that follows him around!
    I couldn't even get thru the first chapter. And I gave it a try. I even tried to watch the movie, hoping it would be a little easier on my stomach. Nope. Not better.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I can speak Excel and VBA and read technical manuals for fun. That's gotta qualify...

sweet you fall into the 10 types of people out there.. those who understand binary and those who dont

^^Love that. I live on a computer - Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, DB2, Java VB, C++, the list goes one.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Finally! Another female whose world does not revolve around a scrawny sparkly vampire and all the teenage angst that follows him around!
    I couldn't even get thru the first chapter. And I gave it a try. I even tried to watch the movie, hoping it would be a little easier on my stomach. Nope. Not better.

Ugh, why would you even attempt it? :sick: I haven't even picked up a book or movie that involves sparkling of any kind, especially of the vampire persuasion. Nosferatu would kick those Twilight freaks' *kitten*!
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Vampires need to be dark and awesome like
    Selene or Blade
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I listen to a podcast "Stuff You Should Know" from HowstuffWorks.com... while I workout. When I was 4 and 5, I used to quote Captain Picard's opening monologue with him during the start of Star Trek every evening.

Nerditude: got it! :glasses:

hehe, I totally did the same thing for TNG. Nerds unite!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    True. Vampires should be like those featured in Guillermo del Toro's "The Strain" trilogy.
  • darkknightfan
    Options
    keyboard commands or mouse clicks..

<<<< total keyboard / command line junkie
  • 3BeersKen
    3BeersKen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Damn ... great thread ...
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options

Agreed. I often miss DOS.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

My first computer was DOS only. Kids today will never understand the joke C:\DOS\RUN. :ohwell:

I prefer the keyboard and shortcuts to the mouse anyday.
  • darkknightfan
    Options

My first computer was DOS only. Kids today will never understand the joke C:\DOS\RUN. :ohwell:

oh the DOS days.. I grew up on Windows 3.11... I remember HATING windows 95 when it came out ..
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hottest? Nope.

Geekest?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kolmohdee
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options

oh the DOS days.. I grew up on Windows 3.11... I remember HATING windows 95 when it came out ..
    I prided myself on never having to touch the damn mouse. Good times...
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I hates meeces to peeces!!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    “‘The following morning, the weather was so foul it hardly deserved the name, and Dirk decided to call it Stanley instead. Stanley wasn’t a good downpour. Nothing wrong with a good downpour for clearing the air. Stanley was the sort of thing you needed a good downpour to clear the air of. Stanley was muggy, close, and oppressive, like someone large and sweaty pressed up against you in a tube train. Stanley didn’t rain, but every so often he dribbled on you. Dirk stood outside in the Stanley.’”

Stanley is outside my house today. :-(
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

We didn't have mouses (mice?) in my computer classes as a kid, it was all keyboard, so the mouse was a luxury, and I was less likely to create havoc with a mouse, which was nice, but all the stations had right hand mouses, and I'm a lefty, so that took some relearning of basic coordination. Now I think a lefthanded mouse is weird.
    I apologize for the excessive use of commas, I'm side I could restructure it to use fewer and make better sense, but I lack my usual verbal perfectionism today. My children ate my brain this morning.
  • darkknightfan
    Options

My children ate my brain this morning.

howd you get cool enough to have zombie children !
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    This thread has become way too popular to possibly want me around anymore.