Shedding for the Wedding?

Options

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I BOUGHT MY DRESS TODAY!!!!

OMG talk about incentive!!!! I fell in love with it the minute I put it on. I have exactly one year to lose 30lbs. If I can stick with a pound every few weeks through eating clean and primal, I will be in great shape. I need to work on my arms!

http://www.rkbridal.com/mon-cheri-bridal-112224.html
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! it is BEAUTIFUL!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on August 31, 2013 :smile: I don't need to shed too much, but I want to stay fit and healthy!

Congrats to all you ladies getting married! :flowerforyou:
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    We haven't set a date yet, but it will be within the next year and a half. I won't be a fat bride
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Just wanted to let you know that if you're interested in a wedding group, it might be worth joining the 2012 Brides group on MFP. It's been getting a lot more active lately, and it would be great to see even more brides-to-be there!

(Also, congrats to everyone!)
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on 8/4/12, and am looking to maintain after losing what I wanted. I'll be here for support if you'd like!

This is the date of my sister's wedding. I'm bridesmaid and working towards this date also for body improvements! :)
  • Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on May 4, 2013. So far I've lost about 30lbs - still got a bit more to go, but I've got time! The wedding is definitely motivating!

Good luck to all the other brides out there!! :)
  • SpoonSockSpork12
    Options
    Hi all! My wedding is next year and I have a final goal of about 80 pounds lost! While it's technically do-able, I'd be happy with 40-50 pounds lost by then. Trying to make progress early though so dress shopping is more fun. :p
  • arbellas
    arbellas Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm getting married March 16th. Very exciting but I refuse to be unhappy with the way I look. Want to feel great and look great for my wedding and honeymoon. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing today?

I went and tried my wedding dress on again (I just bought it two days ago). It's sooooo gorgeous!!! And it's great incentive!

Does anyone want to start an "accountability pact" where we set goals and say what are going to do and then check in with each other? I'm feeling like I might need that. I've got about a year to go before the wedding and I think it's going to take me that long to lose these 30lbs. I'm willing to take it slow and steady but I'll need help along the way.

This week my goals are:
    Walk 2mi every day
    Strength train 3x week
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Getting married 10/20/12 and could use some support :D Need more people to root for me and I'll root right back!
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started long before the wedding, or the ring, but it's been the same man seeing me through it all <3 6.5 years of love! He finally proposed back in March, and our wedding isn't until December of 2014, but I want to be at my goal for then, and forever. Another 50ish pounds to go! Already can't wait to go wedding dress shopping, but I don't want to try one on until I know I'll be happy with what I see and feel in it or the experience will be destroyed.
    Feel free to add me :) Just include a message!!!
  • Firewife18
    Firewife18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i am getting married october 5 this year and i have been struggling with loseing weight due to being stressed with alot going on rite now but im here to hlep motivate and support others as well as to try to help my self
  • KenRNhol22
    KenRNhol22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married NEXT SATURDAY!! I started working out and eating healthier (for the wedding, honeymoon and most importantly for myself to feel better) at the end of December and went from 142 to my current weight as of this morning 122. My goal is 120 so we'll see if i can get to that in the next week :)
    Good Luck. It's hard work but determination will get you there! :)
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on September 8th 2012, looking to drop 20 lbs by then. I'd love to give and receive the support as well. Friend me!
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    oooooo YES!! Im getting married October 19th!!! :D:D:D
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi all! October 28 this year and lots of kg to drop by then! Love new friends so feel free to add me for support :) x
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's so funny...most of us all have the same profile tagline...the "shedding for the Wedding". Great minds think alike I guess! I want to lose 30lbs! I am 160 something now (not sure of exact # because it has been a bit since I weighed myself) Fellow brides add me foe support! I also like to see what works for people, because I am losing VERY slow.....
  • Cravenamanda
    Cravenamanda Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am getting married next fall. I have found a wedding is the best motivation for weight loss. I am almost at my goal for weight loss, but I have hit a plateau after I started weight training. I would be okay with maintaining this weight, but still losing inches (and getting toned)! Congratulations on your engagement!!
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hello and Congrats all!!!

There is an 2012 Brides group formed already under the community section feel free to join. I am getting married on October 6th of this year and have lost 10 lbs since I got engaged last September. My weight journey as been an adventurous one with many ups and downs. After losing, then hitting a plateau for a few months I invested in a fitbit and have since seen 3 more lbs gone.

I recently went from just cardio to some cardio/ strength training/toning. I found the self.com has some great toning exercises that can be done at home with hand weights.

Since summer is here and I have officially hit the 16 week mark until my big day I've been hitting hard with 30 mins of cardio and strength training almost every day. I'm seeing some positive results, I just need to keep going.

Hope all is well with you!!