foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i'm getting married next september (2013) but am taking action now
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My wedding is Feb 22nd :-)

That's my birthday!

Congrats and good luck everyone on their weight loss!
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing today?

I went and tried my wedding dress on again (I just bought it two days ago). It's sooooo gorgeous!!! And it's great incentive!

Does anyone want to start an "accountability pact" where we set goals and say what are going to do and then check in with each other? I'm feeling like I might need that. I've got about a year to go before the wedding and I think it's going to take me that long to lose these 30lbs. I'm willing to take it slow and steady but I'll need help along the way.

This week my goals are:
    Walk 2mi every day
    Strength train 3x week

Sorry I haven't been checking in much but I'd be game for starting an accountability pact!!

Your goals look great! I think I will check back in on Sunday and do my goals for the week then. I did a 50 minute lifting/cardio workout today and tomorrow will be my off day.

My goals for the rest of the week are: Get at least 30 mins of cardio in on Sunday and keep it under control at my college reunion this weekend. I can only go for one night but have to get up early on Sunday to head back to work so that should be good incentive to take it easy :) I have another friend that will be there that is also on MFP and working to shed for her November wedding so hopefully we can keep each other accountable!
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yep, im getting married 1st September, so about 11 weeks :) Iv lost 14lb since end of March. My goal weight is another 20lbs. To hit it means 6lbs loss a month. That would be fantastic but I think id be happy if I can get 14lbs off in 11 weeks.

Im shopping for my dress in 7 weeks so another 7-9lbs off by then would be great.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hey, Ladies!! I'm getting married on August 11. I am looking to lose whatever I can between now and the end of June when I have my first dress fitting. From there I'll have to maintain until after the wedding so I don't incur a ton of alteration costs or rush fees. Then after the wedding it's game on again to lose whatever is left of my nearly 40lb weight loss goal. I'd like to lose about 38 lbs by Christmas.

My fiance and I are actually going to start running together starting tomorrow morning. Bright and early, 5am. Yikes!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on May 4, 2013. So far I've lost about 30lbs - still got a bit more to go, but I've got time! The wedding is definitely motivating!

Good luck to all the other brides out there!! :)

We are thinking of May 4 as well!

We can do this!!!! How much more are you looking to lose? And how long did it take you to lose 30lbs -- that is a huge loss!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I have a random question regarding dress alterations after losing weight.

I bought my dress this week in NYC -- my wedding is in about a year. I live in CA so I need to get my alterations done there. Should I go in for a fitting now (I bought my dress a little loose), or wait another couple months since I'm planning on losing some weight before the wedding?

My goal is to lose 20lbs over the course of the next year.

I've heard that alterations can take a lot of time. How many times do you get your dress altered? And how soon to the actual wedding do you do the final fitting?

Thank you! This is all new to me :heart:
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Yep, im getting married 1st September, so about 11 weeks :) Iv lost 14lb since end of March. My goal weight is another 20lbs. To hit it means 6lbs loss a month. That would be fantastic but I think id be happy if I can get 14lbs off in 11 weeks.

Im shopping for my dress in 7 weeks so another 7-9lbs off by then would be great.

You can do it! We are here to help!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    [/quote]

Sorry I haven't been checking in much but I'd be game for starting an accountability pact!!

Your goals look great! I think I will check back in on Sunday and do my goals for the week then. I did a 50 minute lifting/cardio workout today and tomorrow will be my off day.

My goals for the rest of the week are: Get at least 30 mins of cardio in on Sunday and keep it under control at my college reunion this weekend. I can only go for one night but have to get up early on Sunday to head back to work so that should be good incentive to take it easy :) I have another friend that will be there that is also on MFP and working to shed for her November wedding so hopefully we can keep each other accountable!
    [/quote]

These are great goals! When is your wedding?
    We will look for you on Sunday with an update! :laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I'm getting married NEXT SATURDAY!! I started working out and eating healthier (for the wedding, honeymoon and most importantly for myself to feel better) at the end of December and went from 142 to my current weight as of this morning 122. My goal is 120 so we'll see if i can get to that in the next week :)
    Good Luck. It's hard work but determination will get you there! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Please post pictures sometime!!!! And great work on reaching your goal.
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have 3 weeks until my wedding day and I'm Shredding too, just need to tone up otherwise my dress won't fit! I do have about a stone and a half to lose but I can wait, I don't have to be at my goal weight for the wedding but I do want to feel good about myself. I want to lose the weight slowly and healthily even if it means being heavier for the wedding. I'm still breastfeeding my almost one year old baby so I have to take it slow, I'm enjoying the extra food I can eat a bit too much! I can't wait to get married, I'm so excited!
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting married October 5, 2013. I have plenty of time, but I want to get the weight dropped and hopefully work on maintaining before the wedding/honeymoon. I haven't tried on dresses yet, I figure I can hold off until the winter to look.
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options

I bought my dress this week in NYC -- my wedding is in about a year. I live in CA so I need to get my alterations done there. Should I go in for a fitting now (I bought my dress a little loose), or wait another couple months since I'm planning on losing some weight before the wedding?

I've heard that alterations can take a lot of time. How many times do you get your dress altered? And how soon to the actual wedding do you do the final fitting?

I bought my dress at Alfred Angelo. I asked them how long it would take if I needed alterations and they said about 6 weeks, which is why I'm having my fitting at the end of June for my August wedding. You don't need to take your dress in until 2 months before for your fitting. But you can always call the salon you're going to and ask their policy. They'll be able to give you a decent guideline as to how long their alterations take. But if your wedding isn't for another year, definitely wait a good 6 months or so.
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I bought my dress almost a year ago (and still love it to death) and was too concerned to lose weight until now. My dress can be altered 2 sizes before they suggest buying a new dress. The only thing that holds me back from really getting into gear is due to my height, they had to custom order my dress which took almost 4 months to receive it. Since my wedding is only 4 and a half months away (ack!) I hope I can lose enough but not too much that I have to lose my dress. xD
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am getting married September 15th 2012 as well!!! I cannot wait. But, my dress is mermaid style and fitting. I dont really have an exact weight I need to lose. My main concern is toning my stomach......which is giving me a hard time....
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm getting married on December 5th 2012, and would LOVE to lose the last 4lb and get down to my ideal weight of 112lb by then. Would also like to start seeing my abs!

I'm a bit worried though as I start working full time in July and i'm not sure how much time i'll get to work out...I guess if it's that important to me i'll find a way though!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm half way through the shred today. Tomorrow is my 10th anniversary party! (Our 10th anniversary was really in March but I'm in Nursing school and a party wasn't feasible then).

I wish I could have been all the way through before this party but I'm glad I'm at the half way mark.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    HELLO! Congrats to everyone on getting engaged! I get married in October and wont do my honeymoon until the following June. BUT I have 5 (maybe 10 now) lbs to go before I am going to be comfertable on the beach :blushing: but my main issue is loosing the fat and gaining the tone muscle! I am flabby LOL I need help!
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options
    HELLO! Congrats to everyone on getting engaged! I get married in October and wont do my honeymoon until the following June. BUT I have 5 (maybe 10 now) lbs to go before I am going to be comfertable on the beach :blushing: but my main issue is loosing the fat and gaining the tone muscle! I am flabby LOL I need help!
    You've come to the right place! :tongue: We're here to support and help in any way we can!
  • wanderinglight
    Options

I bought my dress at Alfred Angelo. I asked them how long it would take if I needed alterations and they said about 6 weeks, which is why I'm having my fitting at the end of June for my August wedding. You don't need to take your dress in until 2 months before for your fitting. But you can always call the salon you're going to and ask their policy. They'll be able to give you a decent guideline as to how long their alterations take. But if your wedding isn't for another year, definitely wait a good 6 months or so.

Thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to just put that gigantic bag in the basement for the next 5-6 months and focus on losing some weight before then!