Do you still indulge in a drink or two?

Options

Replies

• Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Lot's of articles quote research supporting the health benefits of a glass of beer or wine a day. There are some beneficial ingredients in there :-)
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    a little red wine with dinner (usually 1/2 glass) several times a week. On my Saturday cheat day I'll have 2 glasses.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've cut down a lot but I'll still have a drink most evenings, either a guinness or a glass of wine. It's my 'treat' instead of chocolate or similar and as long as it fits into my calories it's all good in my opinion. And I've lost 19lbs in 11 weeks despite a couple of heavy nights :drinker:
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have 2-3 glasses of wine or whiskey on the rocks about once every 2 weeks. Oh, and Skinnygirl Margaritas are fantastic! I keep the food lite that day to make room for the calories. Other than that, its black coffee and unsweetened tea.
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    A life without beer or whiskey is not a life worth living.

^This! LOL I enjoy a cocktail at night while cooking dinner or sitting on the couch watching a movie; however, I have cut back quite a bit and have switched from wine and beer to mostly hard liquor with calorie free mixers. I usually only drink on the days I exercise, too. It is my incentive to exercise many days! LOL
  • SoBeFitNow
    SoBeFitNow Posts: 16
    Options
    Depends. If I'm doing a fitness program, I don't drink alcohol. At 9 calories per gram and zero nutritional value, I'd rather not have it as part of my diet. Also, alcohol blocks growth hormones and since I want to build muscle that would be a bad thing to have. I don't have any issues about going without alcohol for 90 days...ez pz!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    yup "on the regular" as my little brother said
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I split a bottle of red wine once a week with hubby for our weekly Wine/Whine (Vino/Vent) night. :)
  • Irishjewel
    Irishjewel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the occasional glass of usually red wine during the week! Maybe about 3-4 4 oz glasses during week, and if we go out, may have wine but also have a gin martini. I just account for the calories each week. Guilty pleasures? We all have them! I have lost 69 pounds in this first year. It works for me! I say enjoy! But always remember!
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a cocktail several times a week and more on the weekend. I log everything. I drink lots of water. I don't think drinking alcohol hinders your weight loss as long as you are staying within your caloric goal. For me the key is exercise. The more I do it the more I lose. Feel free to view my diary.
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I do, and so far I'm still losing.
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i quit drinking for the first month or so that i changed my diet. after that, i have went out with friends drinking every weekend and i still lose about 2-3 lbs a week. i usually try not to eat a ton if i know im going out that night but its still working for me! :)
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yes every week or so.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes I do.

I "budget" for it, though.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of red wine with dinner a few nights a week. On the weekend sometimes I'll have two. I work into to my daily calories.
  • sarahsxt
    sarahsxt Posts: 66
    Options
    Yes!!!!!!!
  • squirrelly87
    Options
    I still indulge in whatever I want whether it be wine (most common, just finished a glass, in fact) cocktails, icecream or chocolate. I just keep track of it and try to exercise it off if I go over my daily calorie amount (only if I'm significantly over). If I can't enjoy the things I did before starting this then I won't stick with it and I'm aiming for a life change I can maintain rather than a brief success followed by gaining it all back.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I work in the Wine industry, so on most days I have no choice especially when we have in office tastings. Unfortunately, during most tastings we also have baguettes and yummy cheese because seriously the two often go hand in hand. :sad:

Can I have your job? Then I wouldn't care about my weight, LOL
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    I definitely do. I'm 25 and social and unfortunately my weekends generally revolve around the bar. I want to make life changes but I don't want to change my life, y'know? So I stick to straight whiskey on the rocks and sip it reallllll slow -- I usually have about 3-4 drinks per weekend night. And I do log it, so I either exercise a ton to make up for my projected drinking, or I eat super light.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? Drinking makes life worthwhile. :drinker: