how long do you workout each day

Options

Replies

• cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Average abotu 90 minutes mixed cardio, weights, yoga... about 5xs week. Then house cleaning, lawn mowing, walks on the other days...
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    between 1-2 hours.. usually around 1 hr 45 min
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    An hour a day/6 days a week. If not more.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i am just doing 30 minutes right now than i will gradually work up to 45 to 60 mins.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 60 minutes per day. Some days I get lucky and do more, others I do less, but 60 is average. I started off at 20 and worked my way up. I read that you don;t start burning fat til 15-20 minutes in so that is why I kept increasing. Another article said if I wanted to lose weight I should do an hour and that sort of stuck in my head. I don't do all one thing though, I mix it up like a walk or run plus a DVD or stationary bike. I get too bored doing all one thing.
  • pattyhild
    pattyhild Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    60-90 minutes of cardio 6-7 days a week; 20-30 minutes of light weight training 3- 4 times a week. Mostly, I work out in the mornings before work because 1-it's too hot in Vegas to wait until after work, and 2-I feel so completely awesome after working out that it buoys my entire mood and contributes to a better day. :)
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I still try to exercise like an athlete.

I could spend 30 minutes in the gym or 3 hours in the gym.

There will be days when I spend at least an hour on the track and then at least an hour doing pilates/yoga/etc.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I work out 2 - 3 times a day or I won't loose. Abs & 15 min walk in am, usually tense/release exercises in car on way to work, 30 - 45 minutes intense at lunch, and I try to do something "fun" with my 13 yo at night. Tennis (or rather missing the ball :laugh: ), biking, whatever he wants to do.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    My schedule varies, but on an ideal week it would be 3 1 hour lifting sessions 2 interval style 30 min workouts, and 2 1 hour cardio sessions, with a spin class thrown in for a couple two a days. Realistically, I go 6 days a week, 30-60 min
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I jump on the treadmill and do 65 minutes 4x a week--3 of them are hill intervals. M-W-F after I do my 65 minutes on the treadmill, I go and do strength training for 20-25 minutes (squats, bicep curls, etc)

It looks like I will be adding a 5th day soon, Hubby needs to get into shape, so I am going to have to drag him to the gym on Saturdays.
  • xbekkiex
    xbekkiex Posts: 30
    Options
    currently bootcamp for 50 min 3x a week and then walking for 30 - 60 min a day on the weekends. Going to add in Zumba on tuesdays/thursday (and possibly saturdays dependent) for 30 - 60 min :)
  • EAH123
    EAH123 Posts: 40
    Options
    It totally depends. On my circuit/cardio/weight training days, I typically do 1 hour 50ish minutes to two hours. That's 3-4 days a week. On just cardio/strength days, I do about 45 minutes.
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week and do between 30 minutes and 2 hours a day depending on if i add a walk to it
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    1-2 hours of weight lifting
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    I do cardio 6 days a week for 40-70 minutes.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    an hour to two hours...I do a variety of things like fitness classes, water fitness classes, walking, strength training, cycling...just whatever i'm in the mood for that day.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Generally 30-90 minutes. I might do more if I'm marathon training. The long runs can take up to 3 hours.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Cardio 2 x a week-30-45 min -weightlifting 3x a week 30-60 mins rest of time,walk the dog, ride my bike and garden.
    Pretty much 3-4 days planned exercise. Rest fun exercise.
    I really have to force myself to do cardio! I love to lift, and ride a bike, walk etc.
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    As for today, I did around 30 minutes of Jillian Michaels' Body revolution workout, 45 min walking and 18 min randomly dancing in my room...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    90 minutes avg. (Cardio, Weight training, Outdoor Walking, etc) 6 days a week with a rest day normally on Sunday's