Sarvation mode is just wishful eating...

Options

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Yeah, let's listen to the guy with three posts who joined this month. He must know everything.
    So cause you have 3600+ posts you know about everything and we should listen to you??

Exactly, number of posts and how long you have been on here does not equate to how much you know, if anything it"s the reverse.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Can someone answer this for me please? What happens if you net an average of 1000 calories a day and never move to maintenance?
    I would take 3 weeks off exercise first in order to find out what maintenance actually is.
  • yarwell
    Options
    what is this photo supposed to be telling us?
  • yarwell
    Options
    and the actual weight loss ?

Depending on fat % BMR could be 1600 - 2000 using one of the "lean mass" based calculators.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    All this 'i cant reach my calories etc etc... we were all fat that is how we got fat by eatng too many calories. Eat less, burn more, be thin!!!

OMG!
    It's not always calories in vs calories out!
    hormones!
    hormones!

hormones up!
    hormones down!

FFS.....

This is how most of us feel when we see crap like this on the boards!
    Hormones magically generate energy from the ether? I always KNEW that physics was a lie!

I'm speaking more on eating the correct amount of food to have a good hormonal balance.

More on this here...
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/calorie-partitioning-part-2.html

And please dont tell me hormones have anything to do with weight loss.

We have all see the men and women eating WAY too low and not losing any fat.
    Even after burning a stupid amount of calories.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    and the actual weight loss ?

Depending on fat % BMR could be 1600 - 2000 using one of the "lean mass" based calculators.

Actual weight loss was 3lbs. So you're saying "don't eat below BMR?"

It IS always calories in, calories out!
    The only way that hormones could influence is by changing your metabolism, so that's STILL calories in, calories out
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...everyone is different. However, after almost three months of 1200 cals, I upped my intake as I neared my goal. I fully expected weight loss would slow, but that was fine with me because it was going to keep me going and I could sustain it. Imagine my surprise when it actually remained at least the same. Kind of irritating because I could have been eating like that since January. Who knew? Yes, I know.....some people did. It's just hard to accept and embrace.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing! I wouldn't have a hard time eating all these calories if I was eating crap...but if I eat crap I feel like it:) I don't eat back all my calories, if I'm starving I'll have a snack. But, I don't worry about eating the 700 calories I just busted my butt to work off. Thanks for saying it!!

Eat more, weigh less.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    sarvation?
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    SIGH.

Eating Less and Exercising more does not equal FAT burning / loss.

Eating more QUALITY food and Exercising less but with QUALITY does equal FAT burning / loss.

Tons of research and information that supports this.

WHY do you think that diets don't work? Mainstream is eat less, exercise more = WEIGHT loss. True. Weight, not necessarily fat. And temporary, not necessarily permanent.

Our fat metabolism is the key to fat loss and weight maintenance. Period.

Good information on this - all in one place - at your fingertips : The Smarter Science of Slim by Jonathan Bailor.

My only interest is getting the info out there - EDUCATE yourselves
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Normally I ignore anything labeled "Starvation mode" but it does bear discussing in a logical way. Yes it is eat less, move more. However, if you eat McDonald's three times a day to get your 1,000 calories the use of fat in your body is not going to be the same as a 1200 calorie, well balanced, high protein diet. So, take a look at consumption, calories are NOT regardless of all the discussion the ONLY part of the story. So that said, let the hating begin, lol.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    same subject different day.
    doesn't it ever get old...
  • shutupandlisten
    Options
    Not eating = body eats muscles = still not eating = body eats fat.

You will lose weight by restricting, but you will also die unless you eat again.

Eating after starving yourself = end up heavier than you were to begin with.

Not something to be toyed with.
  • emuhawk
    emuhawk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can only speak based on my own experience, but after a couple of months of eating at 1200 calories a day, I just stopped losing weight. After seeing suggestions here I upped my calories to 1550 (which is right around my BMR) and the weight started coming off again and at a faster rate than before. I didn't make any other changes to exercise or the type/quality of food I was eating. You can call it whatever you want, but my own experience is that there isn't a strict linear correlation between number of calories consumed and pounds lost. It may be calories in/calories out, but it seems like for a lot of people the number of calories you take in has a big impact on the number of calories your body is willing to use, so you have to find a middle ground.
  • jennifermartinez1112
    Options
    All this 'i cant reach my calories etc etc... we were all fat that is how we got fat by eatng too many calories. Eat less, burn more, be thin!!!

i didnt get fat by eating to much i would only eat 1-2 times a day and i am one person that has a hard time eating all my calories because i cut out all the crappy food and now all i eat everything healthy and watch every calorie that i eat. i am not use to eating a lot to it is very hard for me to eat all the food.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

i didnt get fat by eating to much i would only eat 1-2 times a day and i am one person that has a hard time eating all my calories because i cut out all the crappy food and now all i eat everything healthy and watch every calorie that i eat. i am not use to eating a lot to it is very hard for me to eat all the food.

Crappy food...good food...If It Fits Your Macros eat it.
    McDonalds fits my macros on rest days even on a cut and with lower calories!
  • kaddydaddy
    kaddydaddy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    same subject different day.
    doesn't it ever get old...

LOL! Yeah, when it comes to fat loss, one's mileage may vary...

For me, I eat less calories during the week, drink a ton of water, and ride my exercycle for an hour a day during the weekday, and I'm seeing noticeably remarkable fat loss. Might not work for everyone, but it's working for me.

The only starvation I'm seeing is my XXL floral-print shirts starving for attention as I back into my old wardrobe!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Starvation mode is not you eat less than you need and you gain weight. It's you consistently eat a lot less than you need so your body tries to convert as much energy as it can to fat and store it to keep you alive as long as possible. Note, you may still be losing weight and inches at this point.

When you start eating more, close to your goal calories or over it, your body still stores as much as it can as fat because it doesn't know if you're going to still be able t get the same amount of food in the future. Thus, you gain weight.

Or at least that's the best way I've heard it explained. I'm not a health professional but I heard it on a podcast from someone who is a registered dietetic technician.

Her website is at http://www.romynelson.com/
  • onag40
    onag40 Posts: 1
    Options
    More fruits and vegtables or meat? Which is best?