Single Ladies! What's Your Number?

Options
sun33082
sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
I'm 30 years old, have not had any long term relationships (5 months was the longest), but I have dated a lot. I recently started talking to a guy and he asked "my number" (aka number of guys I've had sex with). I've told my number to guys before and most don't see a problem with it. This guy has kind of freaked out on me and it got me to wondering what the number is of other single women my age. So ladies, if you've never been married or had any real long relationships, what's your number?

Replies

• mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump. this is interesting. i have been with the same guy since middle school and my number is 0. we just are waiting to get married. if we were not together, for whatever reason, i would also want a virgin husband. to me it comes down to how close your numbers are. if they are both two no prob, if they are both 20, no problem. but if a guy had 25 sexual encounters and a girl had one or two, then i would imagine if may be awkward. i am obviously no expert though. just what i have observed. good post.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Should be interesting if anyone answers lol
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    Hell, I'll answer. I'll be 33 in 3 weeks. Lost my v-card when I was 19, and have been with a total of 9. One of them I was married to for 10 years.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I'm 29, lost the v-card at 25. My longest and only real relationship was 2 and a half years.
    I was only my partner's 3rd, he had 2 serious long relationships before me and 2 kids.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    wow, that is something else. My husband and I never discussed that. We had both been married previously; I was 32 and he was 44, so I'm sure neither of us assumed the other was a virgin, but . . . . sheesh.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll answer this one. I lost my virginity to my ex husband at 24 and after our divorce like 2 years later I have been with 5 guys and I know everyone of them. I am friends with everyone too.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ill answer. I'm 24, lost my virginity at 17 and Ive been with 9 (maybe 10???). I'm currently in my longest relationship going on a year and a half.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and I've had two (willingly). One is my high school sweetheart of six years who I lost it to at 18 and my flings were during our longer break-ups.

:love: Can't get over the best of the best. :blushing:
  • torylinnangel
    torylinnangel Posts: 253
    Options
    I am 18, still have the big V. I have dated plenty, but I have never been with a guy that I wanted to go that far with yet.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Before my husband I had no long term boyfriends or anyone I'd actually even give that title to, just guys I dated and my number (not including he hubster) was 4 I think, maybe 5 (I think I'm forgetting someone but clearly they weren't memorable lol)

The husbands number was something like 18-20
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that I'm past the fingers but not all of my toes. .
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just don't tell your number if you aren't comfortable with it. It doesn't really matter what it is- like pp said.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If he's freaked out by it, they it's not meant to be. B/c unfortunatly something like that will bother him forever, he may not be able to get past it...i know i couldn't when I found out "numbers" of some guys I dated before my husband. With that said I'm married, got married when I was 24....my number is 1.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You've recently started dating him? I'm kinda wondering why he is so interested and why he thinks you'd tell him the truth! Do gentlemen ever really ask this? It isn't any of his business, but I think it indicates he's probably going to make some sort of judgement call about you (or your morals or sexual prowess or whatever) when he finds out the number.
    None of the men I've ever dated or my finance has actually ever asked, but as the other poster said, I'm also working on the toes!
  • Scoshi_Nichole
    Options
    I'm 21 and my number is 2. I gave my virginity to my high school sweetheart and then there was the guy I dated for 9 months my freshman year of college. I don't think your number is something that should bring conflict or tension, it's a part of what led you to who you are now. If the person really cares about who you are now, he needs to get over what happened before him.
  • jessicaoliver79
    jessicaoliver79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am not single, but I am 33. I lost my V at age 16.. between the ages of 16 and 24 I had been with 3 guys.. Then at age 24 I got with who is now my hubby, been married for going on 8 yrs.. so my grand total is 4! :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    0. I have yet to. I'm almost 27.

And I think it's petty that it would freak a guy out. If you're both healthy and he really wants you for you it should be a non-issue. Just my opinion. I never even think to ask the guys I'm dating. Because it wouldn't and shouldn't matter to me now.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm on 4 as of now, I'm 26 and lost it at 23. I was going to wait until marriage but it turns out I was just waiting for the end of college

Oh yeah I don't tell guys either because they'll always think you're lying. A guy asked me before and I told him to guess and he was like "I'd say maybe 18-25??" I was like :noway: