Single Ladies! What's Your Number?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Very few guys I know really *want* to know.

Also, my number makes me sound like a bit of a slut, but really I just had a wild child spree when I was 20 and racked them up pretty quickly in a very short period of time.

Thankfully safe sex or I would most likely regret it now, but it's just a part of my past. Other than that spree, I was with only one for the past 7+ years and only one here and there other than that.

So about two dozen total. I'm 28 now and lost my virginity at 17.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's all good. I'm now not talking to this guy. He definitely has some trust/jealousy issues. Him freaking out over my number was just one of the many red flags.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Huh, 1. My ex.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    From a guy point of view, I don't want to know numbers, I don't ask, and hopefully they don't bring it up. I think it's odd for a guy to ask, then freak out when he hears the number.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't care what your number was before me as long as that number stays 1 while she's with me.
  • jennieh1980
    jennieh1980 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    50 ish??? Don't know...stopped counting a long time ago. I don't think it really matters. What matters is how kind, honest and loyal you are. Any man who would freak over my "number" (expecially considering most men have larger numbers, or WANT to) would not be a guy I would be attracted to.

I'm at 51, I dont think it matters too. Variety is the spice of life :) I've been married and now with a new partner for 18 months now
  • jennieh1980
    jennieh1980 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't care what your number was before me as long as that number stays 1 while she's with me.

Like it!!!!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If a guy ever freaked out about my "number" I'd dump him on the spot. The number of people I've been with has no basis for who I am as a person. It could be 0 or 1000, and no matter what the number it is, it doesn't make someone a slut, a prude, or undateable. Frankly, the number is my business, not his.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and my number is 1 but I'm not single either, been married for almost 7 years.

I've always been curious to what my husband's "number" was because he was a bit of a man-*kitten* when we were younger (we didn't date until after we both graduated high school) But I don't "really" want to know either! LOL
  • 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be too harsh on the guy. He could be asking as a sign of insecurity, as in he maybe inexperienced himself and wants to know to settle his worries that he'll flop (pun unintended) in the bedroom when compared to your previous guys.
    Or he could just be a perv! :D
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not single but, my husband included (who I met when I was 23), it was 32 or 33. And that's none of his G.D. business. My partner knows I've been with more men then he has women (I to, had a spree when I moved out, racked up quite a few guys in between ages 20-21), but it's pretty rude to just come out and ask. That's completely private. this guy sounds like a tool, and judgmental to boot, to 'freak out' about your number, be it too high or too low. Ugh. the only number that would have ever freaked me out was 0- I was never interested in sleeping with a virgin, the few I met with either loaded with some sort of erectile dysfunction, commitment issues or were majorly religious- all of which are massive turn-offs.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm not single but for me...well...I can't remember, I'd have to go through and write them down. It's probably more than I'd like to admit, but whatever, I had a great time in college.

BUT I don't think it's anybody's business but mine. My boyfriend has never asked, and I don't want to know his number either. Honestly, I'd be pretty irritated if he did ask because it's really none of his concern what I did in my past.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 years old, have not had any long term relationships (5 months was the longest), but I have dated a lot. I recently started talking to a guy and he asked "my number" (aka number of guys I've had sex with). I've told my number to guys before and most don't see a problem with it. This guy has kind of freaked out on me and it got me to wondering what the number is of other single women my age. So ladies, if you've never been married or had any real long relationships, what's your number?

I live by this motto: "Gentleman never ask and Ladies never tell." Saves a lot of drama.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hmm, this is an interesting read.

I am 32, and have only ever been with two people. I'm certain my ex, on the other hand, has no idea anymore (it's easily in the 40+ area)...

I met my ex when I was 18, lost my virginity to him just before I turned 19, and we got married when I was 20.

(Including off and on at the end) we were together for 11 years...

About a year after we divorced, I was dating someone for a little while, was only with him once... it was awful. :P
    Even with my limited experience I feel it needs to be great for a relationship to work, so I broke up with him (still feel badly about this, he was a nice guy, just no spark).
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    These three opinions are right on target here pretty much sum it up:
    wow, that is something else. My husband and I never discussed that. We had both been married previously; I was 32 and he was 44, so I'm sure neither of us assumed the other was a virgin, but . . . . sheesh.
    I live by this motto: "Gentleman never ask and Ladies never tell." Saves a lot of drama.

After all as long as we're not talking in the hundreds (for health concerns) who cares?
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I've only dated and slept with two guys. I'm 21 though. First boyfriend, three years. Current boyfriend,it's been over two years.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

I agree, and awesome way to put it.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been married 10 years but before that my number was 4. So 5 in total and that is what it shall stay at.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Compared to you all, I'm a "slut", mind you 80% of my partners were from when I was 16-18, but even my number from the last 5 years makes me seem loose (which I'm not). I calmed down once I turned 18 (I was a very lucky gal on all fronts), but my sexual views are much different from a lot of people. I am open to sharing, yet am a loyal person.

I agree with the "Gentleman never ask and Ladies never tell." comment, but I give a full discloser when I first start seeing someone, so they end up knowing my number anyways. In return I don't really care what their number is if they accept mine (even if they don't accept mine, I don't judge).

*sneaks out of thread*
  • windyheartsjaneen
    Options

Yep. Good answer.